The warburton era

KingKirk

Think hes left us in no better shape than when he come in standard wise... The man has/will go onto cost us million not one player hes brought in was good enough for us in 18-20months he was in charge... Its clear as day he just didn't get Rangers....

IF we are to get back to the top this sort of mistake cant be repeated again 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Think hes left us in no better shape than when he come in standard wise... The man has/will go onto cost us million not one player hes brought in was good enough for us in 18-20months he was in charge... Its clear as day he just didn't get Rangers....

I was thinking about this today and I actually think he's left us in a worse situation than when he arrived, mainly because all the players are not good enough for this league like the ones a couple years ago but instead of them leaving at the end of the season when their contracts run out we'll have to pay off all the dross he's signed because no cunt will want them.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

I was thinking about this today and I actually think he's left us in a worse situation than when he arrived, mainly because all the players are not good enough for this league like the ones a couple years ago but instead of them leaving at the end of the season when their contracts run out we'll have to pay off all the dross he's signed because no cunt will want them.

Whoever the manager is going to  mate First job get the shit out the door i'd take anything between 100-250k for every player hes brought in if it means we dont need to pay them off... Not one is good enough 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, KingKirk said:

Whoever the manager is going to  mate First job get the shit out the door i'd take anything between 100-250k for every player hes brought in if it means we dont need to pay them off... Not one is good enough 

But then there's the question of will the funds be there to rebuild the squad after they've all left, I agree we've been paying them so much I doubt any of them will be actively looking to leave since they know they won't get as much anywhere else, that's what happens when you pay shite over the odds.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

But then there's the question of will the funds be there to rebuild the squad after they've all left, I agree we've been paying them so much I doubt any of them will be actively looking to leave since they know they won't get as much anywhere else, that's what happens when you pay shite over the odds.

I'd hope the board would back any new manager to overhaul the squad to the levels needed.... We need a football manager style overhaul highly unlikely but the decks need cleared asap....  Would prob take 3-4 transfer windows  

3 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

The Warburton era? Absolute shambles. It's not even the end of February and I'll give you a team that sums it up.

Gilks

Crooks Senderos Bates Hodson

Barton

Krancjar Toral Windass Rossiter

Dodoo 

that line up looks more appealing at the moment than what we'll play against ICT somehow :lol::megaanguish: 

The man was tasked with bringing in players who would add quality on the field, and add value off it when we sold them on for a profit.

Quite an amazing strike rate that in over 20 signings, he has managed to find not 1 player who will/has achieved the above objectives.

:megaanguish:

2 hours ago, TheCutch said:

The man was tasked with bringing in players who would add quality on the field, and add value off it when we sold them on for a profit.

Quite an amazing strike rate that in over 20 signings, he has managed to find not 1 player who will/has achieved the above objectives.

This is my worry, 

We need a full rebuild, and with no money, no real sellable assets left behind by MW, if we get say 7m to invest in our squad (i doubt it will be as much if im honest) we need to sign 5/6 players of top standard with that, 

Yeah it can be done, but only if uv a global scouting network and find a cracking up and coming player in scandinavia ect... we dont have that, 

We dont even have a scout! 

Whoever comes in to fix us has a hell of a job and no help from the board, FDB is clearly the best option due to his reputation and global reach, ie he might know a few wee dutch proddies looking to make a name for themselfs, 

Any other manager and i honestly beleive we hand them 10 in a row

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

What nonsense - he bought based on the budget available and the team bears no resemblance to 18 months ago - we still ain't where we want to be but there is very measurable progress. 

14 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

What nonsense - he bought based on the budget available and the team bears no resemblance to 18 months ago - we still ain't where we want to be but there is very measurable progress. 

Aye 30 points behind cellic and 6 behind a 30 year irrelevance that is Aberdeen is progress:lol:

"highly competitive" was MWs words. Didn't know we were aiming to battle for 4th

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I'd let every Warburton signing go for free to be honest but who's going to pay them the wages there on here?

We are abysmal!

He's left us with 7 defenders with only 2 that are decent, 1 of which was here before he came. 

We have 1 decent midfielder in Hyndman who will disappear in the summer and we have no midfielders that can win the ball or that are combative, bar Rossiter and no one knows when we'll see him again. We will be out muscled in midfield in every single game we play until the end of the season. 

Attacking wise Mckay shows glimpses and Miller gives his all, both of whom were here before Warburton came. 

In summary he's given us a 38 year old defender who'll probably go in the summer, a midfielder on loan who'll go in the summer and potentially a hard working midfielder if he can get fit. That's it, at the start of next season Jordan Rossiter will be the single player that can potentially be good enough from Warburton's 20 months in charge!

Absolute shambles!

4 hours ago, TheCutch said:

You'd be hard pressed to have deliberately made such a cock up of recruitment.

You'd think someone would come good by accident.