Club 1872 Statement

eskbankloyal

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

alright first 5 minutes is cutting it fine as it will take about 4 mins to get the arse licking out the way, but in all honest esk, do you reall yhtink this will be a hard hitting, right to the bone q&a

Well you have read my blogs for a no. of years - and Ive never shied away from criticising boards when I felt it justified. So do you think I would allow a board of which Im a member to go into a meeting and arse lick and not ask the pertinent questions ?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have read on here this past while is the usuals going about the silence from C1872 about the current issues.

They then realise a brief statement saying they are going to meet the Club about the current issues, and the usuals then use this  to berate them even more.

As predictable, as it is the posters doing it.

Personally i'll wait until I read/see the outcome before casting judgment, strange as that may sound to some, who seem to want it to fail as much if not more than what the taigs would ...

3 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

So we shouldnt tell members we have arranged a face to face meeting with SR to communicate their concerns ?

What has changed that a meeting is required now. And when is the meeting planned. Will a email be sent with regards to what questions will be asked. As myself and probably others are lacking in trust at the moment about if club1872 are really upto the task.of asking hard questions that will actually force a serious reply and would.make Robertson squirm when asked

So we shouldnt tell members we have arranged a face to face meeting with SR to communicate their concerns ?

It would be fine if they actually communicated that the Club1872 Board had arranged a meeting with "named directors/management", which will take place on "dd/mm/yy", at which we will discuss concerns raised by members relating to "Communication", "Management", xxx, yyy and zzz (not an exhaustive list).

4 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

All I have read on here this past while is the usuals going about the silence from C1872 about the current issues.

They then realise a brief statement saying they are going to meet the Club about the current issues, and the usuals then use this  to berate them even more.

As predictable, as is the posters doing it.

Personally i'll wait until I read/see the outcome before casting judgment, strange as that may sound to some, who seem to want it to fail as much if not more than what the taigs would ...

The 'statement' they have released is utterly fucking pointless and only adds to threads like these. Have their meeting, then publish the outcome...

It's not fucking rocket science.

Just now, Virtuoso said:

The 'statement' they have released is utterly fucking pointless and only adds to threads like these. Have their meeting, then publish the outcome...

It's not fucking rocket science.

So on one hand we get criticised for having secretive meetings and on the other we get critcised for announcing such meetings.

18 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Well you have read my blogs for a no. of years - and Ive never shied away from criticising boards when I felt it justified. So do you think I would allow a board of which Im a member to go into a meeting and arse lick and not ask the pertinent questions ?

You did at the AGM? 

Or were you not on the board then?

1 minute ago, D'Artagnan said:

They were members questions

I know but you were on a board that's took receipt of them and came to an agreement on which questions to ask (I'm assuming there was more than 3 members questions) 

whos deciding what questions to ask at this meeting?

So on one hand we get criticised for having secretive meetings and on the other we get critcised for announcing such meetings.

Aye more or less.Why have secretive meetings by your own admission?

Just have a meeting and announce the details to your membership.

Just now, K.A.I said:

I know but you were on a board that's took receipt of them and came to an agreement on which questions to ask (I'm assuming there was more than 3 members questions) 

whos deciding what questions to ask at this meeting?

If you recall KAI some members on here actualy expressed delight that their questions had been asked on their behalf.

We are a members led organisation and our actions as a board should reflect that without compromise.

I would expect that the majority of the questions would come from members - thats the nature of the organisation.

It will depend on the volume of questions tendered by members but I would imagine those which feature the most will receive the priority