Record- Manager will be in place for celtic and details on other positions

Gandhi1872

Just posted this in another thread. Hate to say it but a better article from Ralston at the Record. Opposite from the Sun article and gives some good info on what they're looking for.  

Rangers will ramp up the search for a new boss this week - and will definitely bolster their bench for the visit to Celtic.

The Ibrox board will appoint an interim manager to ease the pressure on under-20s coach Graeme Murty if the man they want on a permanent basis not available immediately.

Rangers have drawn up a list of half a dozen candidates for the roles of first team boss and director of football, with up to 60 serious applicants for the manager’s position alone.

Interviews will begin in earnest in the coming days after soundings were taken last week, with a spread of candidates from the UK and Europe emerging for both positions.

Rangers will not be rushed into making a knee jerk appointment in light of the 2-1 defeat at Dundee, which has taken their recent dismal run in the league to just one win in six.

If an outstanding candidate emerges in the coming days and is ready and willing to take up their post straight away, they will be appointed before the trip to Parkhead on March 12.

But if they are not available until the end of the season, Rangers will happily wait for the right man and put a senior figure alongside Murty for the remainder of the season - and maybe even before the trip to Inverness on Friday night

Murty is highly regarded at Ibrox, but the club hierarchy are mindful of piling the pressure on him for longer than is absolutely necessary and maybe even compromising his fledgling coaching career.

Ideally, Rangers will appoint a director of football first and involve him in the coaching recruitment process, but that isn’t cast in stone.

Rangers are keen to stress the role of director of football in the management structure they favour will have no direct influence on first team affairs.

He will be tasked with overseeing all football operations, which includes sports science, recruitment, youth development and scouting.

Rangers also aim to appoint a head of recruitment in the coming weeks, but that’s a role in which the new director of football will have a significant imput.

I know everyone might not agree with the DoF model but I think they're doing the right thing here and it all sounds good. They're taking their time to make what they think are the right appointments.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Applied for the role on indeed.com this morning. Hopefully get an interview at least.

Not too happy about accepting less than minimum wage but at least they supply the brogues for me.

I sent in my blazer and brogues sizes with my application..Was contemplating a dickie bow rather than the Club Tie :dance:..Shake things up a bit...

1 minute ago, Young Bob said:

If they want someone with more experience in before the piggery they should have them in now.

can see murty still being in charge on Friday and then we end up getting Mcleish in . Something we could have done about a week ago . The board are utterly clueless 

25 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Applied for the role on indeed.com this morning. Hopefully get an interview at least.

Not too happy about accepting less than minimum wage but at least they supply the brogues for me.

why do I have a niggling suspicion this is actually true?

27 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Murty is highly regarded at Ibrox, but the club hierarchy are mindful of piling the pressure on him for longer than is absolutely necessary and maybe even compromising his fledgling coaching career.

Rangers are keen to stress the role of director of football in the management structure they favour will have no direct influence on first team affairs.

He will be tasked with overseeing all football operations, which includes sports science, recruitment, youth development and scouting

So Murty is highly thought of by the board which is fair enough but the DoF has no say in first team affairs but they will be tasked with over seeing youth development which will no doubt mean that he will want to bring in his own men therefor there could be a fair chance that he is made to leave. 

34 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Just posted this in another thread. Hate to say it but a better article from Ralston at the Record. Opposite from the Sun article and gives some good info on what they're looking for.  

Rangers will ramp up the search for a new boss this week - and will definitely bolster their bench for the visit to Celtic.

The Ibrox board will appoint an interim manager to ease the pressure on under-20s coach Graeme Murty if the man they want on a permanent basis not available immediately.

Rangers have drawn up a list of half a dozen candidates for the roles of first team boss and director of football, with up to 60 serious applicants for the manager’s position alone.

Interviews will begin in earnest in the coming days after soundings were taken last week, with a spread of candidates from the UK and Europe emerging for both positions.

Rangers will not be rushed into making a knee jerk appointment in light of the 2-1 defeat at Dundee, which has taken their recent dismal run in the league to just one win in six.

If an outstanding candidate emerges in the coming days and is ready and willing to take up their post straight away, they will be appointed before the trip to Parkhead on March 12.

But if they are not available until the end of the season, Rangers will happily wait for the right man and put a senior figure alongside Murty for the remainder of the season - and maybe even before the trip to Inverness on Friday night

Ideally, Rangers will appoint a director of football first and involve him in the coaching recruitment process, but that isn’t cast in stone.

He will be tasked with overseeing all football operations, which includes sports science, recruitment, youth development and scouting.

Rangers also aim to appoint a head of recruitment in the coming weeks, but that’s a role in which the new director of football will have a significant imput.

I know everyone might not agree with the DoF model but I think they're doing the right thing here and it all sounds good. They're taking their time to make what they think are the right appointments.

You actually copying shite from the Daily Catholic and posting it on here?

7 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

So a DoF, a head of recruitment and a manager?

Really not liking the sound of this.

the problem is that with MW and Mcparaland they had those 3 roles tied up. I am not sure that is healthy for any club as they could easily start using their almost autonomous positions to help themselves rather than the club thats paying them.

Separating out the roles stops any one person having that autonomy and power.

34 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I suspect that many of the 60 cv's they have received are from RM members who KNOW that management is easy (after all they have won the Champions League on FM2017) and all we need is a few wee formation changes a week or two's real coaching and a center half; and as most of the graduates from the RM coaching academy will (obviously) work for free I feel that by charging minimum wage that you might have priced yourself off the short list. Besides we need new management ideas - brogues?? So old fashioned.