Tactics for Sunday...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with using Hudson & Tav to stop them down the left! 

Really though, we need to go out there and hit someone early! For too long that wee rat brown has had the physical edge in the middle of the park & he's utter shite! Hit him early like Bartley did & he'll shite himself! 

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

Agree with using Hudson & Tav to stop them down the left! 

Really though, we need to go out there and hit someone early! For too long that wee rat brown has had the physical edge in the middle of the park & he's utter shite! Hit him early like Bartley did & he'll shite himself! 

The sad thing is who do we have in the middle capable of that? The biggest thing missing from our team is a physical presence throughout.

51 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

We need to double up on the right so we don't leave Tav exposed. Their left is where most of their attacks come from so Hodson with Tav in front is a must. I'd also play Haliday on the left of midfeild with Toral and Hyndman in the middle with McKay playing off Miller.

I actually said this exact team to someone but Waghorn to start and Miller to come at 50 mins. Use Waghorn to press and when he's tired and the game stretches bring Miller on. 

Hodson hill Keirnan Wallace 

tav hyndman Toral 

McKay 

Waghorn 

Not sure about left midfield. Halliday would be the obvious choice to play as a conventional left midfielder and give Wallace some cover but I just don't rate him. Not really any other options however. Could Dodoo or Forrester play there? I'm not so sure. 

3 hours ago, gsa said:

I actually said this exact team to someone but Waghorn to start and Miller to come at 50 mins. Use Waghorn to press and when he's tired and the game stretches bring Miller on. 

Hodson hill Keirnan Wallace 

tav hyndman Toral 

McKay 

Waghorn 

Not sure about left midfield. Halliday would be the obvious choice to play as a conventional left midfielder and give Wallace some cover but I just don't rate him. Not really any other options however. Could Dodoo or Forrester play there? I'm not so sure. 

Forrester would be the obvious choice but he likes to go forward too much and probably wouldn't track back as much as we want. Halliday would do the defensive job. Like your formation but not sure Baz would manage that role. What about Baz left mid with Waggy in the hole behind Dodoo?

5 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

We build it out of timber and it goes with us, I thought that wood have been obvious.

Honestly can't see anything other than a Barca type mauling .I'm going and I was there last time .Not confident we can even keep it low scoring 

We are probably worse off in terms of confidence and squad members 

could be one of the worst days being a bear 

Love to be wrong 

17 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Honestly can't see anything other than a Barca type mauling .I'm going and I was there last time .Not confident we can even keep it low scoring 

We are probably worse off in terms of confidence and squad members 

could be one of the worst days being a bear 

Love to be wrong 

I'd love you to be wrong too but at the moment I'm considering if we're worth a bet to even get one goal.