Tactics for Sunday...

On 05/03/2017 at 7:14 AM, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

MOH up front for pace.

5 to include Hyndman and Toral plus Mckay offering support to MOH.

Miller on bench, impact sub if needed.

Hit them on break and close down space for them to work in around our box.

MOH is rotten. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, cp9 said:

MOH is rotten. 

I agree to an extent, especially with the tactics we've used.

But for me we need to go 451 to flood the midfield. Our outlet needs to be pace up front into the spaces. MOH has speed by the bucketload. The only other possible candidate is Dodoo but I don't think he can be brought into such a big game from so far out the picture.

I'm effectively suggesting the tactics v the bheasts that others like St J deployed against us. Tactics that saw St J's MOH destroy us and led to us signing him.

10 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I agree to an extent, especially with the tactics we've used.

But for me we need to go 451 to flood the midfield. Our outlet needs to be pace up front into the spaces. MOH has speed by the bucketload. The only other possible candidate is Dodoo but I don't think he can be brought into such a big game from so far out the picture.

I'm effectively suggesting the tactics v the bheasts that others like St J deployed against us. Tactics that saw St J's MOH destroy us and led to us signing him.

I agree with you tbh. We lost the game at Ibrox in the second half because we had no midfield. I remember thinking 'since when did a goal kick become a disadvantage.'

Think we need to do them on the break etc.  But putting all our hopes on MOH trying to finish the (few) chances he's given gives me the fear. 

4 minutes ago, cp9 said:

I agree with you tbh. We lost the game at Ibrox in the second half because we had no midfield. I remember thinking 'since when did a goal kick become a disadvantage.'

Think we need to do them on the break etc.  But putting all our hopes on MOH trying to finish the (few) chances he's given gives me the fear. 

I think we'll play near enough a 451. But i think it'll be Miller up front who is selected. 

If it is, I won't doubt his commitment but I will expect the ball to just keep coming back at us as he has neither the pace, touch or physical strength to retain the ball til back up from the likes of Barrie arrives.

In honesty it's a case of finding ways to best stop them, which will be difficult, and I don't think there's a perfect obvious answer.

On 05/03/2017 at 7:14 AM, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

MOH up front for pace.

5 to include Hyndman and Toral plus Mckay offering support to MOH.

Miller on bench, impact sub if needed.

Hit them on break and close down space for them to work in around our box.

This plus

100% focus and concentration for the full game, be clinical from set plays and quick on the break. We need to unsettle their defence, rattle them as much as possible and win any free kicks high up the pitch and as many corners as we can. Make it hard for them to break us down. no gaps.  Attack is the best form of defence. Don't be afraid to get the battle fever on.

I believe in the power of words so i'd ask our choir to sing their best empowerment songs, to cheer the team on for the full 90 mins, no silence and Sir Walter to give them a few words about battle fever. Hopefully this will keep morale up and spur them  on to victory.

First tactic should be to drill into Tav & Wallace (if that's the fullbacks) to STAY in their positions at all times

Soon as one of them roams up the wing we'll give them a great chance to score, the back 4 sit in at all times, 2 defensive mids sit in also and let the 4 forward players try and do some damage

If we do what we do every other game and have Tav & Wallace bombing up the wings it'll be a cricket score 

10 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I think we'll play near enough a 451. But i think it'll be Miller up front who is selected. 

If it is, I won't doubt his commitment but I will expect the ball to just keep coming back at us as he has neither the pace, touch or physical strength to retain the ball til back up from the likes of Barrie arrives.

In honesty it's a case of finding ways to best stop them, which will be difficult, and I don't think there's a perfect obvious answer.

Tbh we're a defensive midfielder and two centre backs away from me having faith in us being able to stop them scoring at least one. 

Not totally against Miller. He's popped up at the back post plenty of times in old firms. But who knows, everything will need to go our way for us to get a positive result, regardless of any personal changes 

Copy St Midden....... Let Boyata hava the ball at the back his distribution is awful. They hit channels and had a lump up front who won every header.

Pressed hard, gave away fouls far up the pitch.. Broke the game up, scored from a set piece and we're Unlucky not to make it 2. 

My concern is, we need to be clinical and get the breaks.  Need to show no fear and go for it. Tackle hard and make sure dembele and sinclair have quiet games.

1 hour ago, TheCutch said:

Some of these early on.

Totally agree but something inside tells me that the jap will have told his men to show an early red if Rangers try one of them. It will of course not be reciprocal. Can you think of any Rangers player capable of a well-timed hard tackle like the above?

Struggling!

3 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

:kingbilly: 

:kingbilly:   :kingbilly:     :kingbilly:  :kingbilly:
:kingbilly:  :kingbilly:  :kingbilly:  :kingbilly:     :kingbilly:   
                                      :kingbilly:

:crabflute: the 12th man = :champagne:

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

First tactic should be to drill into Tav & Wallace (if that's the fullbacks) to STAY in their positions at all times

Soon as one of them roams up the wing we'll give them a great chance to score, the back 4 sit in at all times, 2 defensive mids sit in also and let the 4 forward players try and do some damage

If we do what we do every other game and have Tav & Wallace bombing up the wings it'll be a cricket score 

I agree with this. The fullbacks need to hold their position or they'll kill us in the space. Last thing we need is the centre backs dragged wide cos Tav is playing as a winger.

I'd be tempted to play Hodson with Tav ahead of him. 

4 minutes ago, DW1872 said:

I agree with this. The fullbacks need to hold their position or they'll kill us in the space. Last thing we need is the centre backs dragged wide cos Tav is playing as a winger.

I'd be tempted to play Hodson with Tav ahead of him. 

Problem we have is we have CB's who can't come wide, take Hill/Kiernan into a wide position and they'll get torn to shreds

Should be showing them down the wing constantly, let them put balls into the box and let Hill/Kiernan win them. In the game at new year we constantly let them wander inside and have shot after shot.

Really worried it could be embarrassing

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Problem we have is we have CB's who can't come wide, take Hill/Kiernan into a wide position and they'll get torn to shreds

Should be showing them down the wing constantly, let them put balls into the box and let Hill/Kiernan win them. In the game at new year we constantly let them wander inside and have shot after shot.

Really worried it could be embarrassing

Which is exactly why the fullbacks need to defend first and foremost. It fills me with dread the thought of the centre backs being pulled wide.

As tough as it is to admit, we can't go toe to toe with them and have to defend with the hope that we can actually concentrate for 90 mins without the usual lapses.

I'm worried as well, not exactly counting the minutes till kick off.

On 05/03/2017 at 7:37 AM, K.A.I said:

Same tactics as the cup semi a couple of months ago. 

Organised at the back, sensible disciplined man marking jobs on Sinclair and Dembele, stop cross balls coming into the box early and hope that McKay is going to have to the opposite of an off day (an on day I suppose) ... start Miller as his experience against Celtic pays off more often than not

i hate saying it because he's pish but Garner for a presence upfront too 

Agree with all you are saying but Garner is banned