McCoist says we need more money not a DoF

dan_ger

McCoist chose money over the club he says he so dearly loves.

IF

he hadn't accepted penny shares,

pretended he didn't know the terms of his contract,

left when he knew he wasn't the man to take us forward,

left without pay,

held his hands up and said sorry for my time I tried,

and voted for Res 11

then maybe he could have left with his head held high but even my dad despises him and McCoist gave him probably most of the 5 moments he had following Rangers

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The guy failed spectacularly as a manager and wasted a lot of money in the process but unfortunately that happens in football and I'm not going slate him for it. 

It's his behaviour since then that really bothers me. He was happy to hand in his notice, take the pay rise and sit at home earning the best part of £15,000 a week during a period where Ashley and his cronies were leeching everything they could from the club and then he showed no interest in cutting a deal until he had a gig lined up with BT, again during a period where we had very little money.

Oddly enough I actually agree with what he says RE: a DOF but for him say that during an interview where he's talking about how the club needs investment when he just admitted that he didn't vote for resolution 11 when his vote would have been enough to see it passed and allow more investment to come into the club is absolutely pathetic.

He can talk about how he has his reasons for not voting but most people think that they were self serving and for his own benefit and after his behaviour in the past couple of years it's easy to see why people have come to that conclusion.

You honestly couldn't give him a red neck with a blow torch.

Putting aside my personal feelings for McCoist for a minute he's 100% spot-on. 

No DOF will sort out the problems without investment on the playing side. Insane to think otherwise and that's what some people actually think.

I doubt if anyone would disagree we need to see a whole lot more investment into the club and into the transfer pot to get better title-winning players.  

So all McCoist has to do is use whatever influence he has, as a substantial shareholder and as a Supporter, to go and round up some wealthy folks and persuade them to invest in the Club.  Or maybe go a bit further and form a consortium to buy out King, buy the Club and generate enough surplus investment after buy out to pump into the transfer budget.  

He like all of us can point out the blindingly obvious - that a lot more investment is needed in order to obtain a far better quality of player which, when combined with an effective manager, creates the means by which a proper title-challenging Rangers side takes to the pitch and delivers the results needed to win 55.    Unlike the vast majority of us he is in a better position to use his contacts - Souness, Smith, Kennedy, and maybe others he knows - to forge a consortium to buy King out and do what he claims is needed which is provide more investment.   What's stopping him from practising what he preaches by going out and solving the investment problem.  

King and the Board don't look like they are either willing or capable of generating materially more investment.  They don't seem to me to be at all active in looking to raise big funding.  They seem to be treading water,  Happily at that and gambling that a new foreign manager is somehow going to transform the squad into a proper title-challenging side in the couple of seasons he will be here before he shifts on (or is shifted on).

Instead of commenting on the problem and observing what we all know anyway McCoist would better serve the Club he supports by getting off his pundit chair and getting out there to raise some investment money for the Club, or front up a consortium to buy King out.   He might regain a lot more respect if he acted to be part of a solution rather than continue to harp on about Res 11 voting actions and stating the blindingly obvious,

21 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Not defending BP9 but he would have come out and defended anyone who had played a part in our clubs history.

As for Ally just going to fuck off son your about as welcome as lennon at the dentists 

Craig Whyte played a part in our clubs history.

You going to defend him too?

As for the "son" patter I am older than McCoist and can remember every detail of his link to our club from refusing to come here, to hate figure, on to hero then to villain who ruined a chance to totally rebuild from the ground up due to his utter incompetence as a manager.

I don't tend to go for the real abusive shit about him but this refusal to go with some dignity while talking £000s a week from our club ruined any legacy he ever had

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I don't buy that - I believe he, more than most, cares about the club - and I for one can't wait till he speaks out about what was really happening and so far he has kept quiet. But my main point was do we really need two threads on the same quote to vent your frustration in - makes me laugh at those who hate somuch they posted their vitriolic in both threads!

Exactly how does he , more than most, care about the club?

I also care about the club.

Difference is I put money into the club

48 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Craig Whyte played a part in our clubs history.

You going to defend him too?

As for the "son" patter I am older than McCoist and can remember every detail of his link to our club from refusing to come here, to hate figure, on to hero then to villain who ruined a chance to totally rebuild from the ground up due to his utter incompetence as a manager.

I don't tend to go for the real abusive shit about him but this refusal to go with some dignity while talking £000s a week from our club ruined any legacy he ever had

I wasn't defending either Ally or whyte or indeed anyone else just making the point BP9 does defend anyone who has been with us in the past.

The son was aimed at Ally not you.

46 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Exactly how does he , more than most, care about the club?

I also care about the club.

Difference is I put money into the club

I'd like to know this too.

Keep hearing about him stepping upto the plate during administration and to be fair he did - but administration was the best thing that ever happened to Ally McCoist. Kept him in a job under abnormal circumstances. 

A part of me often thinks that if he didn't resign when he did he'd still be in a job just now. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I'd like to know this too.

Keep hearing about him stepping upto the plate during administration and to be fair he did - but administration was the best thing that ever happened to Ally McCoist. Kept him in a job under abnormal circumstances. 

A part of me often thinks that if he didn't resign when he did he'd still be in a job just now. 

I don't think he would still be in a job because we would most likely still be in the Championship.

I've argued the DOF position in the past and after reasearching and listening to a lot of people. I really don't think we need one. It's a good idea but as ally said. How the fuck is the DOF going to make  us better with no money. It will be a waste of money more than anything. 

5 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

One for every daft interview he conveniently does in the lead up to the Old Firm. 

Noticed you didn't actually address any of the points...

Addressed elsewhere! The 170 odd pager on new manager and dof for instance 

I read a full interview he gave in the sport section of The Gerald and, to be honest, I don't think he said anything most people have said on here: we need money before we can challenge. He went on about the fact that even when Walter comeback he spent millions and we don't have that now.

I actually thought he spoke a lot of sense but it seems like no matter what he says now he'll get slated for it.