• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

The piece lost all credibility when I read Ally McCoist

i gave up as soon as i saw "McC" cause im the staunchest

These days I separate Ally McCoist the player who gave so much from McCoist the Manager who took so much.Ā 

However I am of the opinion he makes a number of valid points.Ā 

The critical action is recruiting a Manager capable of challenging Celtic and funding that Manager appropriately. Serious Investment (not loans) is required. The current Board are very good at looking for Ā others to blame- Blame Cultures rarely deliver good performance. AbsenteeĀ Ā Leadership is unlikely to provide on the ground Direction. The Achilles Heel for us right now is our relationship between income and loans. If the season ticket income falters so will the loans become less tenable. Loans after all are exactly that- they require paid back- unless of course they are EBT's which were one of the reasons we are in this sorry mess.Ā 

14 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Ally McCoist brands claims director of football will solve Rangersā€™ problems as ā€œabsolute garbageā€ and ā€œnonsenseā€

McCoist - whose comments come after Ross Wilson rejected Ibrox offer - says Jock Stein, Sir Alex Ferguson and Walter Smith didn't need one...and insists investment is key

By Robert Collins

8th March 2017,Ā 3:52 pm

Updated: 8th March 2017,Ā 4:38 pm

FORMER Rangers boss Ally McCoist insists it is ā€œabsolute garbageā€ for anyone to believe that a director of football will solve the problems at Ibrox.

A new management structure is being put in place at the club following the departure of ex-manager Mark Warburton and his staff.

Ally is unconvinced a director of football will solve Gers problems

It has been reported director of scouting and recruitment atĀ Southampton, Ross Wilson, turned down the chance to become director of footballĀ with the Light Blues.

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals fromĀ Scottish footballĀ plus fixtures, results and live match commentary

While under-20s boss Graeme Murty is currently in charge of the first team, Rangers ā€“ led by chairman Dave King ā€“ are trying to finalise a deal to bring Portuguese coach Pedro Caixinha in as manager.

GersĀ trail rivalsĀ CelticĀ by 33 points ahead of their Ladbrokes Premiership meeting at Parkhead on Sunday.

McCoistĀ ā€“ the former striker and assistant manager who was also Rangers boss between 2011 and 2014 ā€“ believes ā€œmassive investmentā€ is the key to a change in fortunes.

He said: ā€œI am not against a director of football but it is absolute garbage if anyone thinks that a director of football is going to solve Rangersā€™ problems right now.

Ross Wilson has snubbed the chance to become Rangers' director of football

Pedro Caixinha will be Rangers boss once he gets nod from Al-Gharafa chairman to fly to Scotland

ā€œIt is nonsense. I have never heard so much nonsense in all my life.

ā€œDid Jock Stein have a director of football? Alex Ferguson, Walter Smith, Martin Oā€™Neill? No.

ā€œWhat they needed was a club run very well and financial backing and that is what is required at Rangers.

ā€œThe boy at Southampton, Ross Wilson. What is his budget at Southampton? I donā€™t know but I would bet it is millions. Is he going to come to Rangers and solve the problem with no budget?

ā€œThe answer is no.

Southampton recruitment chief said no to Gers

Chairman Dave King claims to have invested Ā£18 million in the club

ā€œRoss Wilson is clearly very good at what he does but my point is he is backed financially to do what he wants to do.

ā€œRangers need investment, that is exactly what is needed.

ā€œClearly you donā€™t want to put the club in any financial trouble again. That goes without saying.

Rangers hope to tie up deal for Portuguese coach Caixinha

ā€œBut for Rangers to improve on the park, massive investment is needed.

ā€œI couldnā€™t tell you where it is going to come from, I can only tell you what I think is going to solve the problem.

ā€œI know there has been a bit of money spent but I think we need serious investment.ā€

Meanwhile reports elsewhere claim Rangers have shelved their director-of-football plans for now.

Alison Conroy ā€“ a senior sports reporter for Radio Clyde ā€“ tweeted: ā€œRangers still confident of getting P Caixinha as manager.

ā€œNo Ross Wilson & they now see director of football as a longer term projectā€¦ā€

Thx for posting BR

After reading the article once I thought pot , kettle, black. I then took the time to read it again (putting feelings aside)Ā he makes some very valid points i.e investment is needed not loans. Ā He did well steering the ship through a rocky period, that can't be forgotten. Ā I wonder how it would have turned out for him, if he had accepted to work with a DoF.Ā Ā 

18 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

One ally bashing thread about one subject is just not enough on RM - we need more of these hate threads to feed the beast that sections of our support have become. It's fucking pathetic.Ā 

Some of his actions (mostly non-football related) are indefensible.Ā 

He can't do them, disappear for a while and then pop up on Old Firm week and tell the club what they should be doing without expecting a negative reaction.Ā 

Ally's number 1 priority is himself.Ā 

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

One ally bashing thread about one subject is just not enough on RM - we need more of these hate threads to feed the beast that sections of our support have become. It's fucking pathetic.Ā 

I understand your wish to defend McCoist but he really is bringing it on himself with mouthing off about rangersĀ in the newspapers.

He never earned the right to judge any manager because he was one of the worst ever.

His latest pish about not being any further forward than when he left simply shows he cannot even tell the difference between being 3rd in the championship and 3rd in the premier.

We may not be where we want at the momentĀ but I hope we never again plumb the depths of McCoist style failure against part timers and pub teams

He really just needs to shut the fuck up and go away

Ally when he hung up his boots should off just stuck to the golf courseĀ instead of tarnishing his reputation as masquerading as a manager seems Ā now he just as Ā fucking useless being a so called pundit.

I hate McCoist for being a grub and called it out a long time ago.

However he is correct in this case. I have absolutely no doubt we will be hounding this skint bunch of jokers running our club out early next season.

Unless King and co invite other consortiums with investment we won't be catching the taigs anytime soon. I'm talking years even a generation. I really believe things are that bad.

I mean wtf is this new manager all about ? What has he done to even be a target ? At least PLG has a pedigree this is a farce getting someone from Qatar.

On the bright side still think we will get something on Sunday.

Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Some of his actions (mostly non-football related) are indefensible.Ā 

He can't do them, disappear for a while and then pop up on Old Firm week and tell the club what they should be doing without expecting a negative reaction.Ā 

Ally's number 1 priority is himself.Ā 

.. and we needed two threads to vent ourĀ fury in?Ā 

1 hour ago, folkestoneger said:

I understand your wish to defend McCoist but he really is bringing it on himself with mouthing off about rangersĀ in the newspapers.

He never earned the right to judge any manager because he was one of the worst ever.

His latest pish about not being any further forward than when he left simply shows he cannot even tell the difference between being 3rd in the championship and 3rd in the premier.

We may not be where we want at the momentĀ but I hope we never again plumb the depths of McCoist style failure against part timers and pub teams

I don't buy that - I believe he, more than most, cares about the club - and I for one can't wait till he speaks out about what was really happening and so far he has kept quiet. But my main point was do we really need two threads on the same quote to vent your frustration in - makes me laugh at those who hate somuch they posted their vitriolic in both threads!

8 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

.. and we needed two threads to vent ourĀ fury in?Ā 

Tbf, this one was posted first. Also I never vented any anger in my OP.Ā 

McCoist is as open to criticism as anyone else, legend or otherwise. HeĀ has to take responsibility for his actions and decisionsĀ if he's going speak about the clubs situation.Ā 

1 hour ago, folkestoneger said:

Not defending BP9 but he would have come out and defended anyone who had played a part in our clubs history.

As for Ally just going to fuck off son your about as welcome as lennon at the dentistsĀ 

10 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I don't buy that - I believe he, more than most, cares about the club - and I for one can't wait till he speaks out about what was really happening and so far he has kept quiet. But my main point was do we really need two threads on the same quote to vent your frustration in - makes me laugh at those who hate somuch they posted their vitriolic in both threads!

Taking his time isn't he :lol:Ā 

You'll defend absolutely anything man,pathetic.

Maybe ye shouldn't have spent all the money on Sandaza and Faure.. Oh and Ā Ā£800k salary whilst sitting on your fat arse doing nothing

Not even remotely a Rangers legend these days. As bad as a fenian in my eyes. Doesn't deserve to have a say about Rangers and the shit we're in considering he's one of the main causes. Fuck his goals for us as well, he's ruined it himself, not my or any other fans fault McCoist is a two-faced, retard of a man.

Aye Ally's just waiting to tell us all what really happened... :lol:Ā 

Nearly 2 year since the balloon fleeced us and not a word from him bar the pish he's spouting about what we 'should' do and what we 'need'.Ā 

He's an absolute shambles of a man regardless of his playing ability/record with us. He like everyone else it seems was milking us like a cow trying to feed his greedy fat pockets.

Fuck Ally McCoist, his opinion is dug shite. Ā Ā 

30 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So when's he going to tell us how hellish his life was?Ā  In his book?

He earned and spent a fucking fortune taking on the 3rd and 2nd divisions, then left us in 3rd place in the CHAMPIONSHIP whilst still earning a fucking fortune doing his gardening.

He's a greedy prick and an even worse football manager, so he is in no fit state to tell us what we should be doing.