Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

4 hours ago, RDFM said:

Why does everyone think whoever it will be will some kind of monumental influence in tactics and approach?

Do you think Ian Durrant had a big say in how we lined up?

He'll be there to shout at cunts while also showing Pedro what Rangers is all about and what Glasgow is all about, all he'll do on the training pitch is take some basic coaching, get the bibs and balls out. Imagine him as our equivalent of John Kennedy at the tims.

Durrant was just happy to be there.

After McCoist, I would have thought we'd have learned our lesson to not want someone as a coach or manager just because they were a good player. Obviously not. 

Never mind, as long as a Rangers man gets back on the gravy train then all is well.

Guest Lloyd72
11 minutes ago, The Beast said:

After McCoist, I would have thought we'd have learned our lesson to not want someone as a coach or manager just because they were a good player. Obviously not. 

Never mind, as long as a Rangers man gets back on the gravy train then all is well.

Well tbf this role needs someone who knows the club so it was always gonna be an ex player

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Well tbf this role needs someone who knows the club so it was always gonna be an ex player

Here's a novel idea, how about a former player who has proven himself to be actually good at the job of coaching?

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, The Beast said:

Here's a novel idea, how about a former player who actually has proven himself to be actually good at the job of coaching?

Like?

Guest Lloyd72

There must be several. We should eliminate those who have proven to be shit at coaching, like Ferguson.

Yes there must, like who though?

21 minutes ago, The Beast said:

McCoist was part of a very successful spell as a coach. Plus not being a good manager doesn't necessarily mean you're not a good coach. Ferguson may or not be a good coach but there's a difference between being the manager and being the third option coach. 

Guest Lloyd72

If I could be bothered I'd go google and find a few for you but you can do that for yourself. 

So what you mean is you can't name any.

1 minute ago, Gandhi1872 said:

McCoist was part of a very successful spell as a coach. Plus not being a good manager doesn't necessarily mean you're not a good coach. Ferguson may or not be a good coach but there's a difference between being the manager and being the third option coach. 

McCoist proved to be useless at every aspect of the backroom. He couldn't pick a team or tactics and decent players became much worse under his regime. 

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Two of the best in the world, or are managers not being included?

Doubt a manager would take the job since it looks like a short term position with little say on the tactics

47 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Well considering Caixinha always wants a local guy that knows the club on his coaching staff it's hardly "Jobs for the boys".

8 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

I said I find it baffling I didn't say I didn't understand why people may hold a that opinion. There's perfectly valid reasons for having that opinion which have been mentioned.

I personally don't think there'll be much actual coaching to this role so therefore BF would be perfectly suitable for it.

If there is not a great deal of coaching involved then his role would be to articulate Pedro's ideas and ideals to the playing staff, he would also need to communicate to Pedro his knowledge of Scottish football.  If you think BF is capable of being articulate and a great communicator then sadly no one is going to change your mind.  BF has both a good football brain and a brain like a football not an ideal partner for a coach with a masters degree in psychology.  A psychiatrist, on the other hand, may enjoy working with BF.

52 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Here's a novel idea, how about a former player who has proven himself to be actually good at the job of coaching?

As an assistant manager McCoist won 3 league titles, 2 league cups, a Scottish cup and got to a European final then went on to be a terrible manager.

Just because Ferguson made a cunt of management doesn't necessarily mean he can't be a good appointment. He's also got far more coaching experience than any of the other names that have been mentioned. 

50 minutes ago, The Beast said:

McCoist proved to be useless at every aspect of the backroom. He couldn't pick a team or tactics and decent players became much worse under his regime. 

No I'm talking about when he was assistant to Walter. He was part of the coaching staff during a successful spell. So he obviously wasn't affecting things in a negative way during that time. 

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

If there is not a great deal of coaching involved then his role would be to articulate Pedro's ideas and ideals to the playing staff, he would also need to communicate to Pedro his knowledge of Scottish football.  If you think BF is capable of being articulate and a great communicator then sadly no one is going to change your mind.  BF has both a good football brain and a brain like a football not an ideal partner for a coach with a masters degree in psychology.  A psychiatrist, on the other hand, may enjoy working with BF.

If it is just someone to communicate ideas and explain things to PC then McCann on paper would be probably be better but if it's coaching then Ferguson has more experience. 

No one actually knows what this role will involve, myself included. 

However PC is going to speak to them all and  it's him that has to work with them so I'll trust his judgement. 

58 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Yep - ask Ian cathro 

2 hours ago, He's blue he's white said:

I'm as much in the know as the other 99% of fans who use this site, and it's certainly more than putting out cones; distributing bibs and getting the lads stretching. 

So how do you know hes not qualified and doesnt have experience then?

48 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

So how do you know hes not qualified and doesnt have experience then?

Managed clyde and failed there at a fourth teir team and set up = not qualified.

Managed clyde and failed there at a fourth teir team and set up = not experienced enough.