What's the script with Forrester?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

The more annoying thing is that people bring that up, but never how shite he was in the other 3, mainly 1-0 and 1-1.

If he hadn't have came off in the 1-1 game then we would have lost. The whole of the away support were screaming to get him off 

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I think anyone with a footballing brain can see McKay has a helluva lot more to offer than Harry Forrester :lol: 

Aw but McKay doesn't go in for tackles and Forrester goes in two-footed, just exactly what we need.

McKay has been fucking woeful for weeks, nothing to do with him no going in for tackles. Been a man down for about 2 months, thinks he's a superstar that doesn't need to try

I quite like Forrester, always seems to try his best but ends up overdoing it and trying to go alone, which might actually work better in the more direct set up under Pedro.

Certainly wouldn't be binning him yet but think he'd be warming the subs bench most games.

3 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Couldn't have put it better myself. 

A Forrester performance is normally him trying to skin the whole pitch, taking a god awful touch and following it up with an even worse attempt at a slide tackle. I'm afraid he's not very good and injury prone in to the bargain, the sooner he's off the wage bill the better

Seriously if this is the kinda player you's think will help us catch up with celtc then I despair. 

I'll never forgive him for not slipping Dodoo in against them at New Year. Got to be up there with the worst things i've ever witnessed on a football pitch. 

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

I'll never forgive him for not slipping Dodoo in against them at New Year. Got to be up there with the worst things i've ever witnessed on a football pitch. 

Couldn't agree more, but Waghorn still guilty of it every single game.

4 hours ago, Queen's_highway said:

He had a bit of form. I never once thought he was worth 6 million. He has shown he is a championship player.  22 isn't a young footballer now. If he hasn't learnt his trade by now when will he? He defo lacks attitude and if he doesn't get a grip he should go in the summer. 

Also. How can you say the same type of bruisers as durrants? Come on to fuck. There's a massive difference in era and types of players. What an awful comparison

I know we were talking today about some of the players we've had who would boot fck out of the wee pansies we get nowadays - including "hardman" Scott brown. Look at the likes of Souness, Butcher, John Grieg. Today's generation wouldn't stand a chance! 

4 hours ago, Queen's_highway said:

He had a bit of form. I never once thought he was worth 6 million. He has shown he is a championship player.  22 isn't a young footballer now. If he hasn't learnt his trade by now when will he? He defo lacks attitude and if he doesn't get a grip he should go in the summer. 

Also. How can you say the same type of bruisers as durrants? Come on to fuck. There's a massive difference in era and types of players. What an awful comparison

I'll give him 5-6 seasons maximum and Barrie McKay will have been to England, failed and be back in Scotland playing for a team in the bottom 6 of the Premiership or maybe even a Championship side.

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

That still pisses me off no end;  he should have put the team before himself in that situation. 

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

The MOH effect, a player is out of our team so long people start to think he's a good enough player. He's no better than players who are starting at the moment and one who needs shown the door in the summer. Not good enough. 

He was our best player at the start of the season though, usually off the bench tbf :lol: 

5 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Didn't see anyone complaining or calling his attitude into question when he was on good form, quite the opposite actually, everyone saying they wanted more then £6m for him. Easy scapegoat comes to mind, he's a young guy learning his trade, his ability is obvious and his attitude will get better as he matures. 

He's 22 and he's got his "fans" calling him a shitebag every week cause he doesn't want to go in to a tackle and get his career ruined by the SPL bruisers, the same type of bruisers who ruined Durrant's career. 

He doesn't want to press the ball or win it back either, unfortunately for him these are things Pedro wants our players to do. Last game he lost the ball on the wing and just stopped and watched the guy run towards our box with the ball, he was subbed not long after. This is early in his career when his motivation should be at his highest as he's trying to make his mark in the game but nine games out of ten he just doesn't look like he can be arsed. If McKay had the same attitude and commitment that Holt has he'd be the best player in the league by a country mile.