Kenny Miller finally offered a new deal

Just now, Ross-Gazza genius said:

You are comparing a 37 yr old veteran to guys in their prime!!!

If it wasn't for Miller we wouldn't even be close to 3rd, he's definitely worth a new contract but as back up. 

I'm comparing Kenny to other forwards in the SPFL.  If Kenny can't compete with those guys due to his age then we should find someone younger.

Also, I think signing players for the bench when our entire first-team needs rebuilt is utter stupidity.  

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We also haven't got any of our underperforming strikers off the wage bill. 

So as it stands it's the same strike force as this season ?

47 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

You trolling? It's April.

19 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I'll take that as a yes.

Its no such thing.

Our strike force is Miller, Garner, Waghorn, Dodoo imo.

Also imo they have all had poor seasons and underperformed. Goal stats support this.

None are off the wage bill or out of contract bar Miller.

If he stays then as it stands next season will be the same strike force as this season.

What's trolling?

Can't see why anyone is against this.

He is the best player on our team at the moment. 

And while I'd like a complete clear out and new players I know that's never going to happen, so if there's one player I'd keep its our best one Miller

So realistically if you want Miller gone then you're saying there's players you'd keep over Miller then name then because I can't think of one.

Garner doesn't score enough goals and Waghorn is shit and shouldn't play for us again imo

5 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Good, but we shouldn't be relying on a 37 year old as a regular striker.

Agreed but he's our best striker so I'd rather get rid of Waghorn or Garner and bring 2 new strikers than get rid of Miller and keep one of them

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

Can't see why anyone is against this.

He is the best player on our team at the moment. 

And while I'd like a complete clear out and new players I know that's never going to happen, so if there's one player I'd keep its our best one Miller

So realistically if you want Miller gone then you're saying there's players you'd keep over Miller then name then because I can't think of one.

Garner doesn't score enough goals and Waghorn is shit and shouldn't play for us again imo

I get that argument but he's the one out of contract. Ideally it would have been Waghorn.

We now have to hope some of those in contract can be offloaded at no cost.

3 minutes ago, Willis said:

Agreed but he's our best striker so I'd rather get rid of Waghorn or Garner and bring 2 new strikers than get rid of Miller and keep one of them

Yes, Kenny has earned his place ahead of those two and he has looked after himself well. If Pedro can't find replacements to pressure his place, something is wrong.

Anyway, Kenny should certainly start on Saturday.

1 hour ago, big blue Fin said:

Why not?

At least he tries, unlike some others in our team.

Because he's shit.

At least he tries :facepalm: The fact some people think he should stay due to trying and because he's less shit than others rather than because he's actually good sums it up.

Think he's done well enough compared to our other strikers, but is that good enough for Rangers? No IMO. 

He's good as a spearhead for the attack, but is wasted out wide and behind the striker(s).

He's a goalscorer, not a creator - simply doesn't have the football brain or ability. 

Speaks volumes about the level of mediocrity in our squad that he's our best bet. 

32 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Its no such thing.

Our strike force is Miller, Garner, Waghorn, Dodoo imo.

Also imo they have all had poor seasons and underperformed. Goal stats support this.

None are off the wage bill or out of contract bar Miller.

If he stays then as it stands next season will be the same strike force as this season.

What's trolling?

You're trolling. None are off the wage bill because it's fucking April. :lol:

You have heard of the transfer window? 

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

You're trolling. None are off the wage bill because it's fucking April. :lol:

You have heard of the transfer window? 

So I'm correct in "as it stands".

In the knowledge that none are out of contract in the summer.

As in I'm correct.

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So I'm correct in "as it stands".

In the knowledge that none are out of contract in the summer.

As in I'm correct.

Thanks.

Nobody said you weren't correct. I said you were trolling.

I'll put it in simple terms. You're complaining that the strike force will be the same for next season months before it even has a chance to change.

As in you're trolling. 

You're welcome.

13 minutes ago, livibear101 said:

I'm glad, he deserves it. Time and time again this season he has shown more heart and willingness to play for the jersey than the rest of our team 

No one denies that he gives his all - its just his all is probably 10 goals in the league which is simply not good enough. 

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm comparing Kenny to other forwards in the SPFL.  If Kenny can't compete with those guys due to his age then we should find someone younger.

Also, I think signing players for the bench when our entire first-team needs rebuilt is utter stupidity.  

I think it's important to have a squad and Kenny would be more valuable to that squad than the likes of waghorn, garner or o'halloran.

You're right our first-team does need rebuilt but it won't be rebuilt in 1 transfer window.