Kenny Miller finally offered a new deal

14 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Should be done before Saturday according to the sun, well earned aswell, magic.

Have to agree - for me, he has been one of the top players this season and he will be a good, stable root for bedding in whatever new players come in for PC after the culling of MW players. Need SOME stability during the transition - to be honest, there aren't many in the current squad that I want to keep and I bet Pedro feels the same way

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

He only deserves it depending what role he will play next season. There are some posters here who think he is the best striker we have, I hope that isn't going to be case next season. This could be an indication that what we intend to spend in the summer won't be a lot, and that is concerning. 

fair point. He is the best striker we have & he had better not be next season. He and dodoo are the only finishers and waghorn and garner create mayhem that leads to goals but don't really create them (e.g. With a killer pass or cross). I think/hope we sign a striker that can create and score goals. It's been my impression that tav & miller have an understand & that's where millers goals come from.

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

Nobody said you weren't correct. I said you were trolling.

I'll put it in simple terms. You're complaining that the strike force will be the same for next season months before it even has a chance to change.

As in you're trolling. 

You're welcome.

No.

The option to change it was to not renew Miller's contract. Thats where OUR control of the situation and flexibility existed.  Similar situation to Hill. At least defensively we know the senderos wage will be freed up. 

We will likely have 4 forwards next season. Unless we sell or transfer or pay off one/more of the other 3 then as it stands it'll be the same 4.

We're now dependent on others, ie a club looking to sign one of our under performers, and that individual happy with the package to go. All of which is more complicated that letting an out of contract player go.

It's not a huge issue except to you, but regardless of what folk think of Miller, if we resign him it makes it likelier we'll have the same strike force than if we didn't resign him. As you acknowledge.

Explained, correct, not trolling, no issue to anyone other than you.

You're also welcome.

Not sure how to take this. One face value yeah its great he has been one of our top performers (doesnt say alot) he is however probably our highest earner too and i wonder if this is money that couldnt be better served on younger players rather than a player at the very end of their career.

Im actually worried about the potential lack of investment following this news. We need real money spent on a whole new spine of our team including two new cbs two new central mids and two new strikers. Shifting waghorn and gardner will not be easy imo. 

51 minutes ago, writingranger said:

fair point. He is the best striker we have & he had better not be next season. He and dodoo are the only finishers and waghorn and garner create mayhem that leads to goals but don't really create them (e.g. With a killer pass or cross). I think/hope we sign a striker that can create and score goals. It's been my impression that tav & miller have an understand & that's where millers goals come from.

That, and a goal scoring midfielder are a must. We don't threaten from midfield enough, simply because we don't have the quality there. It's even hard to judge how good or bad our strikers are because of our midfield. Good points.

39 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

No.

The option to change it was to not renew Miller's contract. Thats where OUR control of the situation and flexibility existed.  Similar situation to Hill. At least defensively we know the senderos wage will be freed up. 

We will likely have 4 forwards next season. Unless we sell or transfer or pay off one/more of the other 3 then as it stands it'll be the same 4.

We're now dependent on others, ie a club looking to sign one of our under performers, and that individual happy with the package to go. All of which is more complicated that letting an out of contract player go.

It's not a huge issue except to you, but regardless of what folk think of Miller, if we resign him it makes it likelier we'll have the same strike force than if we didn't resign him. As you acknowledge.

Explained, correct, not trolling, no issue to anyone other than you.

You're also welcome.

There's a lot I disagree with there but that's a different argument to the fact your complaining about a strike force for next season which you haven't given a chance tobchange since it's still only April. Your use of the phrase "as it stands" means you acknowledge it could change. If so then why complain about next season so early?

As a side issue I believe the forward line WILL be different but that's not the reason I quoted you in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

There's a lot I disagree with there but that's a different argument to the fact your complaining about a strike force for next season which you haven't given a chance tobchange since it's still only April. Your use of the phrase "as it stands" means you acknowledge it could change. If so then why complain about next season so early?

As a side issue I believe the forward line WILL be different but that's not the reason I quoted you in the first place.

Fuck knows what you agree with when it's factual rather than opinion, but whatever.

I don't know how many times or ways to say there has been a chance to change it -but the report is Miller has been offered a new contract so we haven't taken that opportunity.

Of course it could change. It must. But it's no longer changing on our terms but on the interaction and agreement of others. More difficult, potentially at a cost, can't be guaranteed.

I'm aware of no pre-contract in or out with forwards, so it seems like PC has his work cut out in the summer to bring in freshness.

And you've been on here long enough to know that I'm hardly complaining here, I'm acknowledging a point re it now more difficult to bring in new attackers than it would be if Miller left (salary and a space being available).

That's all.

Miller deserves it, just like Hill he has a wealth of knowledge to pass on to the younger guys. His work ethic and professionalism is second to none and he's one of the few guys that understands what you have to be and what you have to do in order to be a Rangers player.

It would be ridiculous if he wasn't given a new deal - he's our top goal scorer as well!

35 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Fuck knows what you agree with when it's factual rather than opinion, but whatever.

I don't know how many times or ways to say there has been a chance to change it -but the report is Miller has been offered a new contract so we haven't taken that opportunity.

Of course it could change. It must. But it's no longer changing on our terms but on the interaction and agreement of others. More difficult, potentially at a cost, can't be guaranteed.

I'm aware of no pre-contract in or out with forwards, so it seems like PC has his work cut out in the summer to bring in freshness.

And you've been on here long enough to know that I'm hardly complaining here, I'm acknowledging a point re it now more difficult to bring in new attackers than it would be if Miller left (salary and a space being available).

That's all.

Doing your best to avoid the initial point that it's still only April and the transfer window hasn't even opened yet.

Carry on and deflect away.

I don't rate Miller in any position other than CF. 

He's  played in midfield, the wing and the wondering aimlessly shouting at people position.

He also rarely gets subbed, even when obviously fucked, but gets moved around the team replacing player who are playing in their natural position.

Guest Lloyd72
7 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I see no evidence of an "influence" as the team is absolutely fucking dire and he's partly responsible for that.  If he has such a profound influence why is he not using it right now?

I would be quick to get rid of him because his goal return is so poor and he's nowhere near the standard required to challenge Celtic for the title:

2.PNG.5411199a8eb111efc0355de77ecdf1a7.PNG

1.thumb.PNG.2ebf08c3c9778df4a536dadf46a84523.PNG

6 of those 9 have been winning goals tbf so he is having an influence

32 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Doing your best to avoid the initial point that it's still only April and the transfer window hasn't even opened yet.

Carry on and deflect away.

Ah I'm deflecting not trolling now.

OK so re your post above...

Have we had a chance to act now to change our 4 key forwards complement of Miller Waghorn Garner and Dodoo for next season? Y of N?

Is it April? Y or N?

If you answer Y to both you're being honest, but you'll likely say I'm trolling again. As my point is proven.

If you answer N to either your lying, stupid or a stupid liar 

My bet is that you'll just stop replying.

At no point have I had an issue with the fact it's April and the transfer window hasn't opened.

The only issue between our posts is that you seem to take umbrage to me saying" as it stands" even though you subsequently stated I was correct ??.

I've already said we MUST change our forward options. That will now have to take place in the summer transfer window. (Happy?). I think it will happen. Or at least I think we'll bring new forward(s)in.

But transfers out rely now as I've stated on other clubs wanting our players and the player satisfied with what's on offer. Not a given by any means. I actually wouldn't be surprised if our budget is impacted by players not wanting to leave and us paying for the existing 4 plus new signings.

But that's another discussion, don't want to deflect from this one.....

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

6 of those 9 have been winning goals tbf so he is having an influence

Which, given his age, is what we need him for. I don't think anyone who wants Miller around thinks he should be leading the line. His stats are hardly bad for a squad player in his late 30s, especially given that he's scored winning goals for us. The issue with his stats as they're pants for your leading striker - and that's down to Waghorn and Garner not being good enough.

I'd be giving Dodoo starts from here on out, and I wouldn't be giving Waghorn or Garner playing time at all. I've been a defender of Waghorn, but he's had chances in big games against Celtic and Aberdeen, and he goes missing in those games. 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Ah I'm deflecting not trolling now.

OK so re your post above...

Have we had a chance to act now to change our 4 key forwards complement of Miller Waghorn Garner and Dodoo for next season? Y of N?

Is it April? Y or N?

If you answer Y to both you're being honest, but you'll likely say I'm trolling again. As my point is proven.

If you answer N to either your lying, stupid or a stupid liar 

My bet is that you'll just stop replying.

At no point have I had an issue with the fact it's April and the transfer window hasn't opened.

The only issue between our posts is that you seem to take umbrage to me saying" as it stands" even though you subsequently stated I was correct ??.

I've already said we MUST change our forward options. That will now have to take place in the summer transfer window. (Happy?). I think it will happen. Or at least I think we'll bring new forward(s)in.

But transfers out rely now as I've stated on other clubs wanting our players and the player satisfied with what's on offer. Not a given by any means. I actually wouldn't be surprised if our budget is impacted by players not wanting to leave and us paying for the existing 4 plus new signings.

But that's another discussion, don't want to deflect from this one.....

I'm positive you're reading what you want to read as you consistently go off at a tangent. Almost nothing you have contributed to this exchange of messages has had any relation to why I quoted you in the first place.

You've proven to me that I was correct in stating you were trolling however you've done nothing but deflect every time I repeat the point. The fact you're deflecting doesn't now mean you weren't trolling. You be done both.

You were wrong that I wouldn't reply however if I hadn't it wouldn't be because I think you're in the right. It would be because I was tired of your inane bullshit.

There's little merit in continuing this discussion any further though. Not only are we not even on the same page here, I'm not even convinced we're on the same book.

Good day sir

2 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

I'm positive you're reading what you want to read as you consistently go off at a tangent. Almost nothing you have contributed to this exchange of messages has had any relation to why I quoted you in the first place.

You've proven to me that I was correct in stating you were trolling however you've done nothing but deflect every time I repeat the point. The fact you're deflecting doesn't now mean you weren't trolling. You be done both.

You were wrong that I wouldn't reply however if I hadn't it wouldn't be because I think you're in the right. It would be because I was tired of your inane bullshit.

There's little merit in continuing this discussion any further though. Not only are we not even on the same page here, I'm not even convinced we're on the same book.

Good day sir

???

Think the only argument you're making and winning is in your own heid but fair dos.

Trolling ffs ???

21 hours ago, MasterD said:

Because he's shit.

At least he tries :facepalm: The fact some people think he should stay due to trying and because he's less shit than others rather than because he's actually good sums it up.

You're welcome to your opinion, you're wrong, but you're welcome to it all the same.

18 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Miller deserves it, just like Hill he has a wealth of knowledge to pass on to the younger guys. His work ethic and professionalism is second to none and he's one of the few guys that understands what you have to be and what you have to do in order to be a Rangers player.

It would be ridiculous if he wasn't given a new deal - he's our top goal scorer as well!

th_thgoodpost.gif