Kenny Miller finally offered a new deal

The guy is nearly 40, scored less than 10 goals this season, and has always been a very average footballer.  Granted, he tries hard but surely to fuck we should be after a goal-scorer for next season.  

I doubt we'll be able to get rid of Dodoo, Waghorn, and Garner this summer.  Are we going to go with the same forwards for next season?  Brutal.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Delighted to hear this news but is a bit sad we have a 37 year old that is our best striker atm. Still delighted for kenny and well happy he chose to stay especially given his previous habits of moving clubs after a short spell. Would hope there is some sort of future coaching role written in the contract offer as he could still prob make a few quid from a move abroad with the silly money leagues.

Happy to have him for one more year but should be a squad player rather than the first team player he's been this season, see how he gets on in his involvement with the u20s and if he has enough of an impact with them then maybe consider offering some sort of role with them after next season  (only if he has an impact though and not just as a result of being an ex player) 

Very average player. Watching him take 30 seconds to get the ball out of his feet before smashing it off the keepers legs has depressed me for years now. 

And he's still the most competent forward we have. How depressing is that?

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The guy is nearly 40, scored less than 10 goals this season, and has always been a very average footballer.  Granted, he tries hard but surely to fuck we should be after a goal-scorer for next season.  

I doubt we'll be able to get rid of Dodoo, Waghorn, and Garner this summer.  Are we going to go with the same forwards for next season?  Brutal.

Sounds like you're thinking that because we're keeping Miller we're not going for a striker. Strange reasoning.

1 minute ago, The Tavernator said:

Sounds like you're thinking that because we're keeping Miller we're not going for a striker. Strange reasoning.

Not really as we have 4 striker's so are we really going to add to the wage bill by getting a fifth?  Rumour is that the other option for Miller was hibs so he would have been on less money if he moved....so we probably would not have to offer lots. I like Miller he runs a lot but he seems to be popping up all over the pitch which then pulls other people out of position. At the end of the day we have resigned a 37 year old who scored 9 goals in the league. To me that reeks of small club nonsense. Would much rather sign someone on his wages you would improve and give a better return.

3 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Not really as we have 4 striker's so are we really going to add to the wage bill by getting a fifth?  Rumour is that the other option for Miller was hibs so he would have been on less money if he moved....so we probably would not have to offer lots. I like Miller he runs a lot but he seems to be popping up all over the pitch which then pulls other people out of position. At the end of the day we have resigned a 37 year old who scored 9 goals in the league. To me that reeks of small club nonsense. Would much rather sign someone on his wages you would improve and give a better return.

I was assuming we're chucking Wagmiss and Garmiss, so would be after new strikers. 

Happy for the guy on a personal level, could tell he wanted a contract and would only have moved on if forced..

For us though, if Miller is starting games next season at the rate he is just now then we've had an unsuccessful transfer window. 

Impact sub aye, help with the u20s aye but not starting every week.

Personally think that if we could spend a couple of mill on a decent quality striker that isnt fucking joey garner, miller would be a good foil for them. 

What i would give for a jelavic (while he was here anyway) type alongside him now. A younger version of him alongside miller would be cracking. 

No problem with this one at all, it's well deserved, he's performed well, scored a decent amount of goals, scored in big games, late winners etc... I know people will look at this as an indication that we'll have a low budget and I wouldn't disagree with that either but if Pedro Caixinha has a low budget then for me that's even more reason to keep Miller

we still need four or five players who'll walk straight into the first team, if Miller left then that would be an extra player we could add to that list, he is more than good enough to be our #1 striker at the moment and I don't see why that should change anytime in the immediate future.

He scores important goals at important times, of the 12 goals he's scored this Season, 7 of those were first goals of the game, 2 of those were equalisers and the other two were late winners (89mins+) and the other one was a game clincher (his 2nd vs Aberdeen)

If Warburton and Caixinha played Miller through the middle most of the time he'd be on 20 by now IMO

Also, another reason why I want to keep him, we need to learn to walk before we can run and that's by putting the sheep in their box next Season, not just in individual matches but we need to show the level of consistency they've shown and if we let Miller I've got no doubt McInnes would get him up there for a year and he'd give them that on field leadership that might take them to the next level, he'd certainly improve a team who are already better than us over the course of the Season, our rivals shouldn't be strengthening their squad off the back of us weakening ours.

6 hours ago, Amac9 said:

Give me a 37 year old Kenny Miller over duds like Waghorn and Garner every day of the week!

This 100%, he has plenty fire in his belly but its a shame he is surrounded by team mates who buckle under the famous jersey,

He wouldn't be the first I'd let go but given he is the only one out of contract I've got to hope one of the others is moving on at no cost to us. Preferably not Dodoo.

Otherwise our meagre budget will mean that whilst also paying Miller's wages we either we spend some of the budget to pay off one of the others, we pay to have the current 4 plus whoever else, or there's no one else coming in.

I'd hoped to see at least 2 new strikers which I just don't see happening with the existing 4 still here.

6 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

I'm not sure what to make of this. If he stayed the same player next season as he has been this one then I'm for it, and I hope that is going to be the case. It could also be a very strong indication that the manger will be operating with a very low budget. If Kenny is going to be playing some main role next season then I have my concerns; an impact player, yes, but nothing beyond that.

I know why folk think it but his signing isn't an indication of no budget but of his contribution to the team. If anything it means there's more money to spend elsewhere without the possibility of signing a dud or a misfit. I'm glad he's getting a new contract, he deserves it.