Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck. 

I hope he is a success, disappointing that we are not keeping our best young players but When Chelsea are giving his parents a house then we can't compete with that. 

It's a shame as Pedro seems to be giving youth a chance to get into the First team. 

37 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

No it isn't? He's going to one of the best academies in the world. Even if he doesn't go on to play for Chelsea's first team, he's been educated at a top academy so may well go on to be successful at Chelsea or elsewhere. 

Of course, and everything that I and many other posters on here have said concur with that.

Unfortunately long gone are the days where players were more interested in their careers, Money now takes the biggest preference over career choices.

He won't ever get near Chelsea's first team, English players even at Gilmours young age tend to be more fitter and stronger and bigger and he may struggle with that just like he struggled in the youth cup final against bigger opponents.

Wrong move for him and think he's well overhyped, I remember all the same about Fleck being touted as the new Rooney and was a far better player than Gilmour.

Good luck to the young lad, But a silly move.

Billy who ? 

Stupid move but as long as you have a few quid in yer pocket eh wee man..........Celtic fan anyway, giid riddance and the club gets half a mill for a guy who has already failed.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

disappointed we didnt get to see him feature for the first team at least for a few seasons. Money talks. 

Where do you go now when your brightest are getting signed at 15 and really, your left with the ones nobody wants that much?

That's the way it's always been. Wealthy teams buy what they see as the best. We even did it ourselves in the past.

If we're making decent money then there's no problem, but to then label those that are still at the club as those that nobody wants that much is poor.

Maybe those  still here want to play for Rangers. Maybe some are still to develop into good players. From what I hear there are several good young prospects. Hopefully some become stars with us 

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Of course, and everything that I and many other posters on here have said concur with that.

So if no one knows how his career will pan out why is staying here better than going there? 

We're not the greatest at bringing through our young players while Chelsea have numerous ex youth players playing in the premiership and championship. 

7 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Unfortunately long gone are the days where players were more interested in their careers, Money now takes the biggest preference over career choices.

He won't ever get near Chelsea's first team, English players even at Gilmours young age tend to be more fitter and stronger and bigger and he may struggle with that just like he struggled in the youth cup final against bigger opponents.

Wrong move for him and think he's well overhyped, I remember all the same about Fleck being touted as the new Rooney and was a far better player than Gilmour.

Good luck to the young lad, But a silly move.

Fleck was nowhere near as good imo. 

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

So if no one knows how his career will pan out why is staying here better than going there? 

We're not the greatest at bringing through our young players while Chelsea have numerous ex youth players playing in the premiership and championship. 

Based on experience of watching other try the same career path. It is not without a huge risk; possibly that is why he appears to have taken a great deal of time and thought before making his decision. When we were in the top league last time we had not a bad record of bringing on young players and giving them a chance; arguably it was better than Chelsea's. Now that things have been stabilised this season, maybe we will continue in that way.

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Based on experience of watching other try the same career path. It is not without a huge risk; possibly that is why he appears to have taken a great deal of time and thought before making his decision. When we were in the top league last time we had not a bad record of bringing on young players and giving them a chance; arguably it was better than Chelsea's. Now that things have been stabilised this season, maybe we will continue in that way.

It's a risk staying here. This is going to be a massive season for us so can Pedro really afford to be playing a 16 year old who's going through this first season in professional football? If he stayed he'd be playing in the under 20s like he has been with perhaps the odd first team appearance here and there. He's a decent young player but he's not going to be playing regular first team football for us for at least a few years IMO, you just need to look at his physique to know that.

Perhaps he feels he'll get a better education down there with more opportunities to go on loan to clubs in better leagues. 

He'll be punted here, there and everywhere on loan as is the Chelsea way and probably end up in the English lower leagues.

It's a shame because he could have had proper first team experience with us whilst not exactly being badly paid. I think I agree with previous posts that say he's been badly advised.

13 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

It's a risk staying here. This is going to be a massive season for us so can Pedro really afford to be playing a 16 year old who's going through this first season in professional football? If he stayed he'd be playing in the under 20s like he has been with perhaps the odd first team appearance here and there. He's a decent young player but he's not going to be playing regular first team football for us for at least a few years IMO, you just need to look at his physique to know that.

Perhaps he feels he'll get a better education down there with more opportunities to go on loan to clubs in better leagues. 

I agree with all of that, and I don't think you and I, or you and many other posters on here are that far apart in these points. My basic point though is that I think he stands a better chance if he remained at Rangers. Even if it wasn't Chelsea whatever is going on in his career so far is obviously working for him: he has people who believe in him, and he is working with people he has known for a long time;  I think those are sound reasons for staying, on their own merits. I took the case in point of Dele Alli: he played for MK Dons, was a regular in their first team, and once he established himself made his big move. I hope it works out for Gilmour, but I have my doubts, and I can only base that on the experience I have seen with other players such as him; that's all. On another level, I would assume that it is harder to break into Chelsea's first team than ours. All these factors, I would suggest, make it a more sensible decision to remain at Rangers; I hope he proves me wrong though.

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

No it isn't? He's going to one of the best academies in the world. Even if he doesn't go on to play for Chelsea's first team, he's been educated at a top academy so may well go on to be successful at Chelsea or elsewhere. 

One of the best academies in the world?The fundamental objective of an academy is to provide players for your first team, Chelsea do not do that and have not done that since John Terry became a regular the best part of two decades ago. Since then, nobody.

Don't get all this good luck Billy stuff. Could he not have hung around a few years and have something back to Rangers. What's the fuckin point in training these guys if the best ones just fuck off without playing for us?

5 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

One of the best academies in the world?The fundamental objective of an academy is to provide players for your first team, Chelsea do not do that and have not done that since John Terry became a regular the best part of two decades ago. Since then, nobody.

The fundamental objective of our academy is to get players into the first team, that doesn't necessarily mean it's the fundimetnal objective of every academy. 

Do you honestly believe Chelsea have 38 players out on loan with a view to gettin them all into the first team? 

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

The fundamental objective of our academy is to get players into the first team, that doesn't necessarily mean it's the fundimetnal objective of every academy. 

Do you honestly believe Chelsea have 38 players out on loan with a view to gettin them all into the first team? 

So you're telling me that Chelsea pump millions of pounds into their academy every year just so they can make players for other clubs?! 

The very fact that Chelsea have 38 players out on loan make it a bad decision. 

13 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

That's not true.