The band that played at Ibrox

1 hour ago, Tom0411 said:

Showing my age here I thought it was about the Govan Salvation Army Band.

It was the Govan Burgh Band. Played pre match and at half time. It used to be a "joke" - who played at Ibrox for 40 years and never kicked a ball? The Govan Burgh Band. Now they were worth listening to. No need for drums or a singing section in these days. 80K belting out our traditional songs was magic.

Had family members that had ST near them and they used to complain about them all the time :lol: 

I hate the English one when I'm watching their games. Well except when they started playing "Fuck the IRA" at Parkhead :UK:

3 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Had family members that had ST near them ano then they used to complain about them all the time :lol: 

I hate the English one when I'm watching their games. Well except when they started playing "Fuck the IRA" at Parkhead :UK:

Used to be worse whe Paul Ince played as they would howf a big bell INto where they were and ring that thing.

8 hours ago, blueredandwhite said:

It may well be, but i also beleive there isnt the desire to start many songs becasue they are doing it in the corner constantly. Take that away and you get more impromtue outburts of song from around the staudium. They have their own agenda to be like European Ultras, this doesnt really suit Glasgow in my opinion. If they sang more of our traditional songs i'd be right up for it, but they seem to lead there own agenda, which doesnt seem to be in line with the other 40-something-thousand in the stadium who dont join in.

Was thinking about this the other day how none of the ultra type chants have really caught on across the whole fan base but have done with the goon brigade over at the piggery.

No been to many games last few years with being down South. Some of the chants/songs are pretty shite but would think a couple would have caught on.

Heard the 1 Atletico Madrid fans sing from the bears at Firhill last week. Right catchy number, hopefully that 1 sticks.

They would probably have caught on more if the fans had more to sing about to be fair.

22 hours ago, blueredandwhite said:

I was watching highlights on Rangers TV last night of European fixtures from the past, when i was reminded of the old band that used to play during games at Ibrox. Would be great to get this back. Anyone have any ideas why this stopped? Extremely glad that the band stopped playing. They made a racket and horrendous din.

band.PNG

I changed my season ticket seat to get away from the band