The band that played at Ibrox

I was watching highlights on Rangers TV last night of European fixtures from the past, when i was reminded of the old band that used to play during games at Ibrox. Would be great to get this back. Anyone have any ideas why this stopped? Extremely glad that the band stopped playing. They made a racket and horrendous din.

band.PNG

5 minutes ago, blueredandwhite said:

I was watching highlights on Rangers TV last night of European fixtures from the past, when i was reminded of the old band that used to play during games at Ibrox. Would be great to get this back. Anyone have any ideas why this stopped?

band.PNG

They were disbanded mate. 

It was to get the crowd going because Ibrox was like a morgue most of the time.

Don't see the point in them if we have a singing section. Singing section does a better job of livening the place.

Apart from that, they didn't bother me, but I'm not sure I'd have felt the same if I'd sat close to them.

6 minutes ago, blueredandwhite said:

I was watching highlights on Rangers TV last night of European fixtures from the past, when i was reminded of the old band that used to play during games at Ibrox. Would be great to get this back. Anyone have any ideas why this stopped?

band.PNG

My nephew played with them sometimes, I think he broke the drum.    5305.gif

18 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

The trombone was annoying.

Much prefer the singing sections the way they are now.

I cant help but think the atmoshpehere could be livened up without them, as they sing a load of cringeworthy stuff that no-one joins in with.

7 minutes ago, blueredandwhite said:

I cant help but think the atmoshpehere could be livened up without them, as they sing a load of cringeworthy stuff that no-one joins in with.

I disagree tbh.

I'm not a fan of some of their songs either but at least they try to create an atmosphere.  Would be like a morgue without them.

3 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I disagree tbh.

I'm not a fan of some of their songs either but at least they try to create an atmosphere.  Would be like a morgue without them.

It may well be, but i also beleive there isnt the desire to start many songs becasue they are doing it in the corner constantly. Take that away and you get more impromtue outburts of song from around the staudium. They have their own agenda to be like European Ultras, this doesnt really suit Glasgow in my opinion. If they sang more of our traditional songs i'd be right up for it, but they seem to lead there own agenda, which doesnt seem to be in line with the other 40-something-thousand in the stadium who dont join in.

33 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

The trombone was annoying.

Much prefer the singing sections the way they are now.

Minus the drum fucking our songs up and the wee ultra screaming at guys to get there fucking scarfs up singing pishy ultra songs.

9 minutes ago, blueredandwhite said:

It may well be, but i also beleive there isnt the desire to start many songs becasue they are doing it in the corner constantly. Take that away and you get more impromtue outburts of song from around the staudium. They have their own agenda to be like European Ultras, this doesnt really suit Glasgow in my opinion. If they sang more of our traditional songs i'd be right up for it, but they seem to lead there own agenda, which doesnt seem to be in line with the other 40-something-thousand in the stadium who dont join in.

They have asked in the past to expand across the centre of the Broomloan but have been refused.  The corner seems to be where the club wants them to stay.

I don't really get this "they don't sing traditional songs" thing either.  They evidently do.  As I said, the ole ole ole repetitive pish can get annoying, but the likes of Fathers Advice and The Sash are sang every home game.

I'm not trying to sound like a UB fan boy here.  I'm just going by what I hear at games.