50 today.

Virtuoso

46 minutes ago, Detroit Lion said:

As an added bonus, he's looking really well these days as well.

Been a few videos and pics of him doing the rounds and he's talking well and looking healthy.

Really glad to hear that, I have not read or seen much about him recently and that is usually a good sign. :thumbup:

You wonder, when you remember how good a player Gazza was, in spite of being a piss head, a bit mental, not really known for living the athletes life, and several major injuries (at a time when an injury such as a broken leg was a fair bit more serious than it is today) - how good he could have been had he approached things totally professional, like Laudrup. 

Regardless, he is one of the most naturally talented players ever to grace the British game, and it was a privilege to see him perform in our colours. 

24 minutes ago, Badger said:

You wonder, when you remember how good a player Gazza was, in spite of being a piss head, a bit mental, not really known for living the athletes life, and several major injuries (at a time when an injury such as a broken leg was a fair bit more serious than it is today) - how good he could have been had he approached things totally professional, like Laudrup. 

Regardless, he is one of the most naturally talented players ever to grace the British game, and it was a privilege to see him perform in our colours. 

Could say the same about George Best,tbh if he'd been a model professional then we'd never have seen him at Ibrox

1 hour ago, Badger said:

An unparalleled genius.

The best I've seen pull on our shirt and possibly one of the best players (if not the best) to play in Scotland.

A subjective / contentious point, but...

A genius on the park who lit up the 9IAR years . Sure he had his flaws away from the pitch but it doesn't take away IMO from what he gave us during his time here . 

Possibly we took for granted having both him and Brian in the same side at that time , but what memories he has given the Bears who were fortunate enough to be around at that time .

I hope he enjoys his 50th and gets to celebrate many more birthdays in the future . I look forward to the day that a healthy Paul Gascoigne returns to Ibrox .

The most naturally gifted footballer I've ever seen, a true genius with a football who could do things years before his time. A born entertainer who was worth the ticket money alone. World Class. 

Still to this day I can easily visualise him drivin' through a midfield with a ball for 50yards. The older I get the more I appreciate getting to watch him for the 2 1/2 years he was here. It saddens me that I'll probably never feel the same about any other player, I can only hope one day we'll sign someone else who'll have every wee boy in the stadium on the edge of their seats, goin up the road to ask their Ma's if they can get their hair dyed peroxide blonde.

Happy Birthday Gazza. 

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Think so, was it not the Ibrox tournament that we used to hold. Should bring that competition back.

No mate, it was the night we got fucked out the champions league 

Always loved the footage of the breakaway goal he scored at the piggery in one of his first games when he runs over to the Bears in the corner and you see all the mutants who had already left outside as there was no stand behind the goal, Happy birthday Gazza