FIFA 18

DeanMK

58 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Last year the AI did literally everything for you defensively.

The game isn't great by any means but it is a lot better than last years which had worse flaws in the competitive scene.

About to start my first Weekend League of the year now wish me luck.

Did it hell. As a defender, you had track runs off the ball. That way the opponent couldn’t do anything obvious and had to think to get through.

Having won every Cup, league and never being relegated from division 1, I know a bit about playing competitively... you are either kidding yourself on or are one of the shite players from last year who can run there way past people with ease this year.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Marky. said:

Did it hell. As a defender, you had track runs off the ball. That way the opponent couldn’t do anything obvious and had to think to get through.

Having won every Cup, league and never being relegated from division 1, I know a bit about playing competitively... you are either kidding yourself on or are one of the shite players from last year who can run there way past people with ease this year.

Look at the difference in game play this year compared to last most people are moaning at the defending as you can't just select a CDM now and run him all over the pitch and let the AI defend for you.

I was an Elite Fut Champs player last year in the last few months so no I'm not shite and @Dan Deacon and @born a blue nose will tell you that I was really good at 17.

I am struggling a bit now but to say AI defending wasnt a thing is simply untrue last year 

6 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Last year the AI did literally everything for you defensively.

The game isn't great by any means but it is a lot better than last years which had worse flaws in the competitive scene.

About to start my first Weekend League of the year now wish me luck.

It never.

This game is more luck than anything, tackling does fuck all, rebounds are worse than ever as well. 

That Weekend league can fuck off as well, full of fucking sweaty wee mongos that rely on their keeper and kick offs.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It never.

This game is more luck than anything, tackling does fuck all, rebounds are worse than ever as well. 

That Weekend league can fuck off as well, full of fucking sweaty wee mongos that rely on their keeper and kick offs.

It did though thats not just my opinion that is why EA brought the totally manual defending in this year.

I would agree it is a fairly poor game for skill gap and giving undeserving people wins.

I'm assuming you would play WL again.

1 minute ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

It did though thats not just my opinion that is why EA brought the totally manual defending in this year.

I would agree it is a fairly poor game for skill gap and giving undeserving people wins.

I'm assuming you would play WL again.

I very rarely used the AI to defend and was actually half decent.

Was 2-0, disconnected before the kicked off, then got beat 5-4 off somebody who was pish, and the switching of my defending was shambolic, then 6-2 or something because I was a spastic, when it came to finishing and forgot you had to wait for the game to stop for a pause to work.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I very rarely used the AI to defend and was actually half decent.

Was 2-0, disconnected before the kicked off, then got beat 5-4 off somebody who was pish, and the switching of my defending was shambolic, then 6-2 or something because I was a spastic, when it came to finishing and forgot you had to wait for the game to stop for a pause to work.

I didn't rely on the AI last year either to defend for me but I'm a shambles this year defensively.

The scorelines are ridiculous this year I had a game I lost 8-7 earlier too a guy with 10 men having had his full back ordered off.

Is that this weekend you've had that start. I went 0 wins in 3 and am now 4 in 8.

15 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I didn't rely on the AI last year either to defend for me but I'm a shambles this year defensively.

The scorelines are ridiculous this year I had a game I lost 8-7 earlier too a guy with 10 men having had his full back ordered off.

Is that this weekend you've had that start. I went 0 wins in 3 and am now 4 in 8.

Aye mate.

It's a pain in the arse.

4 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Its solid as fuck this year each mistake gets punished brutally.

Every single mistake is when the AI takes a step out or starts running randomly.

Gaps are created that would never in a million years be created in last years edition.

45 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Every single mistake is when the AI takes a step out or starts running randomly.

Gaps are created that would never in a million years be created in last years edition.

Everyone makes mistakes in the game be it a switching error a pass read error or simply a good passage that he had that you couldn't defend. It's not the case that every mistake is a player moving unnaturally.

Because there isn't much AI assistance this year.

Your teams AI is set at roughly professional difficulty on squad battles look at the sliders for that mode and thats all people need to get past to beat you.

Then in FUT Champs ELO kicks in and you win games to balance out your record.

8 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

You still in division 7 dan?

got relegated to 8 then won back up to 7 and first 2 games in that league I’ve been hammered again 

Aye mate just plodding along in 7 ?

I really need to get on squad battles the day but I'm too hungover

38 minutes ago, Marky. said:

It’s ridiculous that scores like that are such a regularity.

I don`t mind pace so much as last year I didn`t like that sometimes you`d be through on goal then a 60 pace defender would catch you. What I don`t like is that when someone`s running at you it never switches to the right player and when you do its too late and he`s through, that always seems to happen to me even when its situations where I should be easily able to contain them.

4 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I don`t mind pace so much as last year I didn`t like that sometimes you`d be through on goal then a 60 pace defender would catch you. What I don`t like is that when someone`s running at you it never switches to the right player and when you do its too late and he`s through, that always seems to happen to me even when its situations where I should be easily able to contain them.

Same man it’s frustating as fuck and makes ma blood boil 

18 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Turn the auto switching off and learn to use manual it makes a huge difference.

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I had two games earlier one 8-7 and then a 7-5 game that shouldn't happen.

I loved last year when I’d go 1-0 up and defend it... try defend a 3 goal lead in this and you’re asking for trouble.

I`m going to wait and see how much IF Icardi and Immobile will cost but once my loan of Higuain ends (haven`t really liked him), I need a back up to Belotti. Also want to bring in Manolas, Cuadrado and Costa but probably don`t have enough for everything yet. 

So far a midfield partnership of Strootman and Bonaventura has been working really well for me.

Archived