Goodbye Garner

Guest Lloyd72

Will always say we signed the guy but never played to his strengths.

He wanted the ball from wide & wanted it early, MW had us playing 30 passes & playing the ball in when the opposition had their defence set. 

Actually think that he might have flourished under Caxhina style of play

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although he fell short for a lot of perfectionists, well perfectionists as far as everywhere else is concerned except the boardroom, I felt as though he was coming onto a game, but maybe too little too late, ah well bring on the bheggars!

image.gif.73580ab7fb17153498afd612b846be31.gif

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Amazing how most are happy to get rid yet a few are wanking  over Kranjcar for setting up a couple of goals against some jobbers from Ireland.

At end of season when 90 percent of our squad had chucked it, Joey Garner was trying his best.

Couldn't agree more. 

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Amazing how most are happy to get rid yet a few are wanking  over Kranjcar for setting up a couple of goals against some jobbers from Ireland.

At end of season when 90 percent of our squad had chucked it, Joey Garner was trying his best.

Can't fault the guy for trying his best etc but when you look at the money we paid for him it's a piss poor return. 

Kranjcar can gtfo as well. 

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Aye coz theyre the same calibre of player ?

13 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can't fault the guy for trying his best etc but when you look at the money we paid for him it's a piss poor return. 

Kranjcar can gtfo as well. 

I'm not denying that but he was absolutely nowhere near the worst.

Ironically we'll probably start next season with players who were worse but unfortunately no-one would buy them.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kranjcar in a Rangers top was nowhere near as effective as Garner.

Cmon mate that's circumstantial. Kranjcar joined us and was miles off the level of fitness required, and then was badly injured. 

I take your point, and for what its worth I like Garner and hope he does well, but in terms of ability he couldn't lace Kranjcar's boots. As i said earlier today, if he can get fit he's a match winner, he's miles above almost everything in this league.

1 minute ago, WWTC said:

Cmon mate that's circumstantial. Kranjcar joined us and was miles off the level of fitness required, and then was badly injured. 

I take your point, and for what its worth I like Garner and hope he does well, but in terms of ability he couldn't lace Kranjcar's boots. As i said earlier today, if he can get fit he's a match winner, he's miles above almost everything in this league.

He had months to get fit.

22 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Agree with your post to an extent, but could it be that he was trying to earn move away?

Fair play to him for digging in and getting a club interested, can't see many clubs interested in the other diddies who chucked it.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Not very nice....

Neither was watching that shite he thought was football every week, a limited player is a compliment to the useless bag of shite, he liked a wee heeder though and a barny. His finishing along with Waghorns, depressing. There's more of the same calibre of shite needs to leave the club soon too.