St. Johnstone Friendly.

No.12

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have to say, we played quite well at times. Definitely the best of the three games. Waghorn should have had a few goals. Candeiras looked good when he came on and I want to see Morelos start next week. Midfield has improved a lot but we are still lacking in the final third, mostly due to Waghorn. A lot of attacks break down because of him.

2 hours ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Well that was brutal.

Reading Waghorns misses is defo worse than seeing them!  Boy shpuld be no where near that team never mind starting all these game.

Hopefully Jacks injury is just superficial, he  has looked decent.

Still not 100% sold on Morelos , hopefully he settles in quickly amd starts putting them away.

Give the lad a chance....he has played about 35mins in 2 closed door friendlies, I never take these games serious, they are no more than a run about to work on shapes and set pieces and to get the fitness levels up.

7 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Have to say, we played quite well at times. Definitely the best of the three games. Waghorn should have had a few goals. Candeiras looked good when he came on and I want to see Morelos start next week. Midfield has improved a lot but we are still lacking in the final third, mostly due to Waghorn. A lot of attacks break down because of him.

should of won by 2-3 goals you can see what we are trying to do tho.. We look well organised and if we can keep the pressing up am starting to feel positive about what we could achieve this year

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Give the lad a chance....he has played about 35mins in 2 closed door friendlies, I never take these games serious, they are no more than a run about to work on shapes and set pieces and to get the fitness levels up.

He had a chance in the 2nd half on pure instinct alone keeper pulled off a cracking save waggy wouldn't of got near it

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He had a chance in the 2nd half on pure instinct alone keeper pulled off a cracking save waggy wouldn't of got near it

I think he will do fine, if he gets 20-25 in his 1st season then that is a major upgrade on last season, hopefully his goals can be the difference to all the games we drew last season

Liked the look of Candeias, very direct, pacey, won a few tackles and must of whipped 4/5/6 balls in to the box in the short time he was on.

Jack strolled it yet again, and Rossiter when he came one. 

Morelos decent too, I think he'll take a bit of time to settle but early signs are good. Very instictive and was unlucky not to score. Again very physical and flattened their big centre half when they went for a header :lol: 

6 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I was just taking the piss mate.

Knee Jerk reactions are usually folk saying that sort of crap.

:cheers:

I was actually impressed with Morelos. A cracking save denied him a goal, and he looks like he can come deep, get involved with play, he also put himself about to. Some tasty challenges and they just bounced off him. Needs a goal and a run

Nikonwas the best player on the park opening 10, then Jack the rest of the game for me. Looks a decent player. 

Dalcio worked hard and had some moments of brilliance. 

Candieas looks great when he came on to. Quick, direct and some great balls into the box 

Just watched it on RTV.  Practice game so can't read too much into it.  Waghorn is not the answer up front but to be fair to him, he puts in a shift and on this showing was by no means the worst.  Candeias looked decent the short time he was on and liked the look of Morelos, linked up well and showed he's not going to be pushed around.  Jack was probably the pick of our players, steady rather than spectacular though.

Our final ball is still atrocious.  On this evidence, if we are going to depend on Krancjar, Miller and Dalcio to provide the creation in our team, it's going to be a long hard season.

5 hours ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

I was just taking the piss mate.

Knee Jerk reactions are usually folk saying that sort of crap.

:cheers:

TBH I can get why people would have reservations about the lad.....the tims signed some dross from the Scandinavian leagues so let's hope our alfie bucks the trend:cheers:

Some line up though, hope we start every game like this, got a nice foreign feel to it..

"Рейнджерс": Фодерингем (Олнуик' 75), Тавернье (Ходсон' 84), Бейтс (Маккрори' 61), Кардосо (Э.Уилсон' 76), Уоллес (Бирман' 76), Джек (Томпсон' 84), Холт (Росситер' 70), Кранчар (Уиндасс' 61), Далсио (Доду' 80), Вогхорн (Морелос' 70), Миллер (Кандеяш' 70)