St. Johnstone Friendly.

No.12

All 3 games have started with similar line ups so I'd imagine this is the preferred one. Whilst it's a training game we still want to hear good things. A clean sheet is a positive but we need to be clinical. Miller can't pull us out of holes forever, Herrera is untested, Hardie whilst his record is great for the understand other places he's been he needs a chance to prove himself and Waghorn well... I'll say no more. 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A little worrying, yes, but at the same time, this team just now is full of players that have just arrived, or mince players that are soon to leave.

It's quite likely to all be a bit false at the moment. Would hope for/expect us to get stronger as the season goes on.

This is also why winning the league this season is a huge ask. It's the definition of a transition period. You can't expect these kinds of changes to bed in straight away under these circumstances.

29 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Poor result but honestly these games are no more the. Training games.

the players will have trained this morning then played.

It's all about fitness. Real work starts on Thursday.

Need a good performance and win then kick on 

Folk should remember linfield last season, pumped them 7-0 but didn't make us any better throughout the season 

Meh, nothing more than a training exercise for both teams so no need to panic. Just a chance for our new players to get to know their team mates and vice versa, and also to blow away the pre-season cobwebs. Anyway, even if the reports are true, and Waghorn is resorting to type, we will still have more than enough in our locker to get through the first round...with a bit to spare! And once Morelos and Herrera get up to speed, (which they will), Waghorn won't be anywhere near the first team starting 11. Guaranteed cert!

I'm really praying that Herrera hits the ground running in training this week. Surely to fuck he can do enough to convince PC that he deserves to start over Waghorn. Fuck the sports science. 

My buzz will take a significant hit if our first game back in Europe begins with Waghorn on the park. 

Might actually not even bother wearing my full kit, shinnies and captains armband if that's going to be the case. 

Just read it waghorn again and Miller on the wing and Foster flying past Wallace like he's not there, Predictable.

Hopefully, we will see big changes soon and the new players replace the players who keep letting us down.

Waghorn again getting into the right places but finishing is woeful, hopefully this Herrera will provide some much needed heading ability as that is needing addressed and quickly. No panic and wouldn't be surprised if Waghorn scores on Thursday just to show me right up :whistle:

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Hopefully Morelos starts on Thursday.

He's got to be match fit he's played over 15 games for Helsinki already. 

Be gutted to see Waghorn start in all honesty

He looks quite a chubby fat arsed wee guy but that worked for McDonald up here.

Just now, Smile said:

He looks quite a chubby fat arsed wee guy but that worked for McDonald up here.

Thought that too, but he is a pro footballer. One of our best strikers in recent times was always hounded about his weight, look how that turned out. A similar path for Morelos and were laughing. 

Guest Lloyd72

Why can we not just start Miller upfront on thursday, If he's gonna play anywhere then it has to be there not fucked out onto the right or deep in midfield.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

Why can we not just start Miller upfront on thursday, If he's gonna play anywhere then it has to be there not fucked out onto the right or deep in midfield.

Completely agree. He's useless anywhere but CF quite frankly. 

No excuses for it now that we have more substantial options in other areas of the park. 

Just 

play 

Miller 

as 

a

fucking 

striker.

Honestly, he's still the best proven, instinctive finisher in the squad (until Morelos or Herrera prove otherwise.) Tell him he's not the captain, nor the manager and make it clear in no uncertain terms he's on the park to score goals, so stay on the shoulder and use his movement and he'll score barrel loads against these teams and the majority of spl teams. 

I just can't watch that prick Waghorn anymore.

Just now, Vanoli said:

Just 

play 

Miller 

as 

a

fucking 

striker.

Honestly, he's still the best proven, instinctive finisher in the squad (until Morelos or Herrera prove otherwise.) Tell him he's not the captain, nor the manager and make it clear in no uncertain terms he's on the park to score goals, so stay on the shoulder and use his movement and he'll score barrel loads against these teams and the majority of spl teams. 

I just can't watch that prick Waghorn anymore.

The new guys are the way forward.

Bring him on as a sub if we need to.