New signings

Folk are being a bit harsh on dalcio from what i saw at the match he looks an upgrade on mckay. He was clattered a few times but unlike mckay he kept running at his man. He did fade in the second half but so did the majority of the team.

Thought Jack and Niko were excellent.

Waghorn, wallace (painful to say) and holt need out that first 11.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack-Brilliant, if he can put in performances like that he'll be important in the bigger games with his ball retention

Cardoso- Hard to tell, wasnt tested at all, looks calm on the ball

Dalcio- Wow

Candeais- Eager. Direct which I like

Morelos- Tank

Far too early to make a real judgement, we will have a better idea by October with a good few games under our belt . I did feel we never really got in behind them in the wide areas. We also struggled to get people in the box and I could not remember once a midfielder going beyond the forwards. We need to address that or we will give teams too easy a game . 

1 minute ago, onefootwillie said:

Far too early to make a real judgement, we will have a better idea by October with a good few games under our belt . I did feel we never really got in behind them in the wide areas. We also struggled to get people in the box and I could not remember once a midfielder going beyond the forwards. We need to address that or we will give teams too easy a game . 

Ageee, a few decent balls into the box in the first half in particular, no runner from midfield. 

10 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Ryan jack as an very average player who will sit in the middle and play it 5 yards to the side all season I've had a guttfull of these players playing in our midfield , we need more , wee need pace power creativity somebody who can beat a man chip in with a goal , not basically contribute fuck all week in week out which yer jacks rossiter  holts will do , Pena better be good or that midfields in as much trouble this season as it was last 

Are you that kind of guy that only gets hard for goals scored and created?

Jack will never be a strong attacking player but if he gives us cover we'll far fewer stupid goals. Rossiter also looks class. Steady defending is the key to league consistency. 

We definitely need some more attacking flair but that's what Niko, Peña and Dozzaldinho are for (fingers crossed on that last one). 

Dalcio looked average after a good twenty minutes(early days), Cardoso looked very good. Candyass I think will be a good strong player and loves a tackle Morelos should have been on the first half when Kranjcar was threading through balls as after he went off no one had the ability to do this.

Jack looked good and there is no way him and Rossiter can play together very similar players but Jack looks much better so far.

I thought the overall structure of the team was as poor as I've seen with a lot of the same problems we had last year the new players when fit hopefully change that.

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

We still have to consider that we could soon see a team that includes Alves, Pena, Herrerra, Dorrans, Walker, Nani, Weiss and maybe even Naismith that dirty wee rotten judas scrotum cunt if he gets his move back.

Plenty to come from this team. :rangers:

Mate you spelled his name wrong. It's OK though I fixed it.

1 hour ago, RupertDeBoer said:

Jack will never be a strong attacking player but if he gives us cover we'll far fewer stupid goals. Rossiter also looks class. Steady defending is the key to league consistency. 

We definitely need some more attacking flair but that's what Niko, Peña and Dozzaldinho are for (fingers crossed on that last one). 

Canny mind the last time I seen a rangers midfielder go beyond the strikers or play it into the strikers feet then go beyond they'r midfield to get it back , everything is always square and negative , and wee go sign another square baller for 90 mins in Ryan Jack 

1 hour ago, RupertDeBoer said:

Scum

Thought they were overall not bad. Dalcio had a few good touches in the first half then died away in the second. Cardoso looked composed at the back, especially beside Bates who isn't the greatest there is room for improvement and I'd imagine once alves arrives he will improve greatly. Jack was my pick of the lot, he had a good game beside Holt. He was quieter once Rossiter came on so I'm not sure if they can play together. Candeias had a small cameo but he looked direct and isn't a flashy winger. Morelos had no service no nothing to comment but hopefully they all come good.

Dalcio - Looked direct and keen to go at defenders, had the right ideas but his execution wasn't the best. Didn't really beat his first man on several attempts.

Jack - Impressed by his performance, didn't really put a foot wrong. Won't be the most exciting of players to watch but just does his job and does it effectively.

Cardoso - Looked comfortable on the ball and good in the air. Early signs look like we've picked up a good player to shore up the frailties at the back.

Candeias - Really quick and full of energy. Happy to close down defenders as well as go direct against them. Didn't get on the ball as much as I would have liked but still too early to really form an opinion on him.

Morelos - Didn't really have enough time to show much of what he can do, he does look very strong though when holding off defenders.

First real game of the season and already the experts are writing off players. Give them a chance to get used to each other.

Imho I thought the team played well for the first 60 mins, Niko was a class above, I thought Jack was solid, don't know what game some on here were watching, but I saw him pass quite a few forward.

Cardoso was solid at the back always in position, nearly had his first goal. Dalcio had some nice touches linked up well with Wallace, yeah ok tired in the second half. Morelos got no service so hard to tell, Candeias showed some good flashes.

But the old men showed they are still switched on with the goal, Quick free and clinical finish by Kenny.

MOM had to be Niko.