New signings

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Hope I'm proved wrong but I'm fed up of tidy  , wee ended that game with 3 central midfielders that won't create a single chance all season 

Rossiter had a positive impact when he came on. He got two of their players booked, one of which should have been sent off.

Miller shouldn't have been shifted to midfield, but I thought Jack played his role very well. He's not going to be a spectacular stand out, but he will do the dirty work.

Cardoso - my MOTM, given he lasted the pace and was steady throughout, even managing to look dangerous in their box. Niko was our most dangerous and creative but his fitness is a problem especially when you consider how our game dropped off when he was subbed, we will need more from him in terms of mins on the park if he's to be our most influential player.

Jack - solid and dependable. Improvement on last year's offerings certainly.

Dalcio - some nice touches in first 25 mins but nothing much produced from them, then he was very quiet.

Candeias - good turn of speed, looked eager but in need of games to get his touch, good crossed.

Morelos - never saw enough of him to form an opinion. Seems to want to play on the defender's shoulder and may have the pace to do so.

Rossiter - not new but feels like it. Solid performance, good to see him standing up to tackles and getting tore in. Could provide some authority in the middle alongside Jack.

1 minute ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Rossiter had a positive impact when he came on. He got two of their players booked, one of which should have been sent off.

Miller shouldn't have been shifted to midfield, but I thought Jack played his role very well. He's not going to be a spectacular stand out, but he will do the dirty work.

I'd rossiter played 2 thru balls mate but never Gonny happen 

Ryan jack reminds me of kevin thomson. I like that he gets stuck in, tidy passer, always looking to take the ball off the defence and start attacks with simple passes.

Cardoso already looks a class above last years centre backs and looks like a top buy

Dalcio well I'm not writing him off yet, but he created nothing. 

Candeias didn't do much either but showed he's a worker. 

Morelos, had no service which I've mentioned is the biggest minus for me. 

Star man was niko, with the ball head and shoulders above everyone. Still not sure he should start every game as the legs are gone, but his passing and technique are head and shoulders over everyone. 

On this showing wouldn't have dalcio or candeias over mckay, who may have anonymous games but is equally capable of winning games on his own. 

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Thought Candeias played a bit like Novo, good pressing and quick too, had a few decent crosses.

I remember one? Was it ortiz or sionko that worked hard, wasnt great at getting past his opponent or quite good enough with the final ball/finish? Or both? He reminded me more of whichever one of them im thinking of. 

Hopefully im wrong and we see more when he's fully fit. More hope for him than dalcio. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, stewaj3 said:

I remember one? Was it ortiz or sionko that worked hard, wasnt great at getting past his opponent or quite good enough with the final ball/finish? Or both? He reminded me more of whichever one of them im thinking of. 

Hopefully im wrong and we see more when he's fully fit. More hope for him than dalcio. 

Dalcio will be a decent utility player imo

Jack had a great game.

Cardoso looked solid enough and comfortable on the ball other than a couple of wobbly moments.

Dalcio started well but faded badly in the 2nd half. Needs to be a bit more direct.

Candeias looked like he has a bit of pace and can produce a half decent cross. Never really showed anything else though and seemed to be trying too hard.

Morelas didn't get a chance to show anything.

Dalcio was getting some stick in the stands constant shitebag getting yelled out thought he looked lively early on but heard a few people write him off think it's far to early for that other than him I felt the others had solid debuts jack impressed too candeias looks decent very direct and can whip in some nice crosses still feel we're lacking out wide though nothing Nani wouldn't sort though....

1 hour ago, JograBear said:

He put in 2 really good crosses. 

Yeah , he did . I may be being a bit harsh on him because I thought we disappointed in the 2nd half , creating  little , other than the flurry at the end . Of course that's not just down to him , and if the topic hadn't just been about the new signings I could have mentioned a few others for not creating enough too .

Like I say , we need to give them time before judging any of them too harshly . 

Can't believe some of the comments on here about various players - most people watching the game tonight could have played most of the so called tidy passes tonight- fuckin tidy passes don't win games an take big Niko out of the game it would have been utter dross - not having a go at Ryan Jack more the people who said he had a great game, he was man of the match and he did the dirty work - dirty work against a pub team - please 

37 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Portugese Barrie Mckay on the left tonight. Got clattered once and wasn't in the game for the rest of it. 

Liked the look of Candeias tbh, thought Jack was our best player

Once candeias settles he'll be one of the first names on the team sheet, seen him playing for Granada against Espanyol. He was their number 7 for the second half of the season and he really stood out. Quick, aggressive and good passer of the ball. Not a fancy player but very direct. Should work out well imo 

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

I agree mate I hate players who can Tackle their players and pass the ball to our own players. We should bring Back Halliday :cheers:

no idea when centre midfielders who haven't created a chance ,had a shot at goal or passed the ball forward are classed as having a good game , ye can break up play yeah but then go do something don't play it square to the full back all game , bearing in mind we were playing nobody 

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Dalcio played well first half and faded in the second like the rest of the team. People are righting him off already ffs :confused: 

Think Cardosa looks really composed and like he could play on a 2 or a 3.

Jack was excellent and did his job looking comfortable all night. 

People aren't righting him off, people are saying he was pish, which he was.  That "cross" was an embarrassment. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

no idea when centre midfielders who haven't created a chance ,had a shot at goal or passed the ball forward are classed as having a good game , ye can break up play yeah but then go do something don't play it square to the full back all game , bearing in mind we were playing nobody 

Neither of our CMs played a forward pass all game? I think you're talking pish.

4 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Ryan jack as an very average player who will sit in the middle and play it 5 yards to the side all season I've had a guttfull of these players playing in our midfield , we need more , wee need pace power creativity somebody who can beat a man chip in with a goal , not basically contribute fuck all week in week out which yer jacks rossiter  holts will do , Pena better be good or that midfields in as much trouble this season as it was last 

It's okay, I remember my first pint as well.  :mutley:

4 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

It's okay, I remember my first pint as well.  :mutley:

In a worse state than I thought if wee think our centre midfielder had a good game after not a single telling pass against a team fi Luxembourg ?? ?

We played too predictable like under warburton all sideward passes or long balls over the top, only good thing is it's very early in the year nvm the season so we have time to improve if we can.

Felt jack strolled it but played far to safe not one pass forward.

Cardoso should do well with Alves but his passing was woeful hopefully just a bad game on that note.

Really hope Pena , Herrera and Morelos will get plenty of game time the next few games.

From what I could see Dalcio didn't offer anything more than McKay does.

Cardoso - looks very good, could be a great buy. Solid and good passing. Should be really comfortable playing next to Alves

Dalcio - Looked lively in opening 20 minutes but first stiff tackle and hardly seen the rest of the game. No better than McKay

Candeias - looked quite decent when he came on. Good pace and can fire in crosses. Should get better the more game time he gets.

Jack - Strolled it. Sometimes the easy pass is the best one. should do fine and will be a good addition

Morelos - Never got a touch when he came on. I've got high hopes as he comes with an impressive scoring record. He's got to be better than Waghorn.

Still a bit disappointed with the result as it makes return leg bit more tricky. Hopefully the new guys gel quickly and we crack on from here.