Pedro Caxinha: Stay or go?

Virtuoso

Stay or go  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro

5 minutes ago, Jimbob11 said:

Bit harsh don't you think?

I think it's a slap on the face to us that we've woke up this morning and he hasn't resigned

Getting spoken about as the worst result in the history of Europe for a British club over 2 legs

Again we're a laughing stock, any confidence built up since the season ended is now gone, Pedro is on the thinnest of ice, he'll get absolutely no breathing space now, friendlies will get picked apart until the season starts and if we don't win our first 4/5 games, he's going to have a backlash from the fans..

So no, not a bit harsh

Just now, the goal machine said:

No, we all watched the same game. How could he have watched that and still thought he was the man for the job? 

Don't get me wrong the second half last week and pretty much all last night was as bad as the bread man but considering the amount of players Pedro has brought in don't you think we should give him a chance? At least until January?

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

I think it's a slap on the face to us that we've woke up this morning and he hasn't resigned

Getting spoken about as the worst result in the history of Europe for a British club over 2 legs

Again we're a laughing stock, any confidence built up since the season ended is now gone, Pedro is on the thinnest of ice, he'll get absolutely no breathing space now, friendlies will get picked apart until the season starts and if we don't win our first 4/5 games, he's going to have a backlash from the fans.

If you had seen me last night you would have known how angry I was/am. I am just trying to give Pedro the benefit of the doubt as after the amount of money we have gave him it would be madness(in my opinion) to let him walk now.

1 minute ago, Jimbob11 said:

Don't get me wrong the second half last week and pretty much all last night was as bad as the bread man but considering the amount of players Pedro has brought in don't you think we should give him a chance? At least until January?

Last night was far worse than anything under Warburton. He will be given a chance because I'm sure the board won't sack him and he won't resign but I'd be embarrassed to carry on. 

2 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Last night was far worse than anything under Warburton. He will be given a chance because I'm sure the board won't sack him and he won't resign but I'd be embarrassed to carry on. 

I have to admit even after what we have been through the last five years last night was the first time in a long time I have been embarrassed to be a bear.. well for about 2 secs at least until I realised I would rather be.....?

2 minutes ago, Jimbob11 said:

If you had seen me last night you would have known how angry I was/am. I am just trying to give Pedro the benefit of the doubt as after the amount of money we have gave him it would be madness(in my opinion) to let him walk now.

We've went backwards with this clown, the results haven't gotten any better, Infact we've had 3 of the most embarrassing results in 30/40 years under him and that's in 3 months!

Giving him any longer and you'll not be talking about 10 in a row, it'll be 15/20 before we get anywhere near them 

He's clueless, no tactical knowledge whatsoever, he got out thought by a part time manager....that's ridiculous

There's no coming back from a result like that, something has to happen and it should be the manager going 

Just now, Smile said:

I cannot see a way back from this for him he's lost the support already.

As angry as I was last night and slightly today don't you think sacking him now is a bit premature? Cool heads and all that lol

As angry as I was last night and slightly today don't you think sacking him now is a bit premature? Cool heads and all that lol

What can you see in him that makes you think we will not get more of the same under him?

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

What can you see in him that makes you think we will not get more of the same under him?

Honestly?..nothing I guess I am just clinging on to the hope that he takes us forward from here. after the last five years Surely we are due a win.

I would personally get rid but as others have mentioned, the board have backed him with a number is signings and spent decent sums of money, so I think they will feel they have to wait and see how things develop. 

I just don't see how he can come back from this. It's not just the result but the performance over both legs! 

And to the people querying what manager we would get at this stage of the season, there will be hundreds of managers looking for the chance to turn our fortunes round, regardless of when in the season it is  

I dont think he will either go or be sacked - not after the board have sanctioned that summer spending & he has brought in his own players.  I do think he will be summoned to the boardroom however for a little chat.

Given the horrendous performance in the last OF game coupled with that dire display last night I suspect Pedro is now on the 2nd of his 3 strikes and then youre out.

1 minute ago, Del said:

I would personally get rid but as others have mentioned, the board have backed him with a number is signings and spent decent sums of money, so I think they will feel they have to wait and see how things develop. 

I just don't see how he can come back from this. It's not just the result but the performance over both legs! 

And to the people querying what manager we would get at this stage of the season, there will be hundreds of managers looking for the chance to turn our fortunes round, regardless of when in the season it is  

I keep changing my mind. One sec I want him gone but the next I want to give him a chance lol

1 minute ago, D'Artagnan said:

I dont think he will either go or be sacked - not after the board have sanctioned that summer spending & he has brought in his own players.  I do think he will be summoned to the boardroom however for a little chat.

Given the horrendous performance in the last OF game coupled with that dire display last night I suspect Pedro is now on the 2nd of his 3 strikes and then youre out.

Totally agree, regardless of performance to this point there is no chance they will sack him after committing so many funds to his transfer kitty.

1 minute ago, OhW said:
On 29/04/2017 at 2:35 PM, OhW said:

If Pedro says he takes responsibility then he should resign. 

He was always going to take responsibility. No chance of him resigning.

1 minute ago, OhW said:

I would love a reporter to ask him "what exactly does 'taking full responsibility' entail Pedro?"

I was trying to think of a smart ass reply but seriously what does taking full responsibility for last nights shambles mean? 

It's just a matter of time now impossible to come back from results like that, The Board will look weak if they don't act Decisively as they brought him in when most had never even heard of him. 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

It's just a matter of time now impossible to come back from results like that, The Board will look weak if they don't act Decisively as they brought him in when most had never even heard of him. 

Maybe they will look weak but I really can't see him being sacked. Maybe a few months down the line if we are trailing that mob badly.

Maybe they will look weak but I really can't see him being sacked. Maybe a few months down the line if we are trailing that mob badly.

I can't see how they will be able to justify him staying. I would also sack the Director who thought he was the Answer as he seemed an appointment that came from nowhere.

I think we should get rid or put the pressure on him to resign.  I thought it was too big a gamble for us when we appointed him and we regressed under him towards the end of the season with same shite players that Warburton had. 

His motivational speech to get the players raring to go was.....treat this like a cup final!!!!! Holy fuck if that was a cup final performance I'd hate to see a 1st round performance. Our formation is out of sorts, our tactics are non existent, there is no tempo, no leadership and worryingly no creativity. We were playing against part time players and play a defensive 4-3-3.!!!

I don't need time to know how this is going to end, I would rather someone had the balls to pull the trigger now than to hide and hope that somehow this will all get better quickly. 

Oh and if I was dorrans or Alves I'd run a fucking mile.

Just now, Smile said:

I can't see how they will be able to justify him staying. I would also sack the Director who thought he was the Answer as he seemed an appointment that came from nowhere.

That's true now that you mention it, the usual suspects were being mentioned (mcleish, mcinnes etc) but Pedro seemed to appear from nowhere. Whoever signed/scouted him must be shaking in their boots.