Pedro Caxinha: Stay or go?

Virtuoso

Stay or go  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro

2 minutes ago, Lothianbear said:

The problem i have with Pedro is since he arrived iv'e seen nothing to suggest he knows what he's doing. He rambles on about transitions and second balls etc and im not sure the players get what he's on about , certainly dosen't look like it. 

He dosen't seem to like creative players as he's chopped Mackay, O'Hallaron and Forrester, ok theyre no great but im sure they could only improve that shambles tonight. We create very little and that needs to change. 

Tbh with this squad we were never reaching the group stages anyway but we have potentially lost a fair bit of revenue with this early exit, every time we think were turning a corner we hit another wall. 

We need a manager who knows  how to set up a team that can ultimatly close in on Septic , Pedro aint that guy im afraid.

Who is?

Stay. Teams that have 7 managers in 7 years are the same teams that get relegated from the Prem to League 1. Stability is important and a key tenant of Ranger's success over our entire history.

We had only a handful of mangers over the first 140 years and we were the most successful club in the world.

He may not feel like the right man, right now, but stability is essential.

This thread is a shambles.

Basically 4 new signings, 2 players tjat have been oit for nearly a full season which leaves 5 shite from last season.

As tragic  as this is, the club is going through a third transition in as many years. 

Time, stability, support, a pre season and a run of games is whats needed. 

I have no doubts the team will get off to a flier this season

I struggle to see how anybody can have any kind of hope whatsover from what we have seen from him so far. He was useless in the latter stages of the league, his only saving grace was that he was going to be able to bring his own players in. He has now brought them in and has lost to a team that finished FOURTH in LUXEMBOURG and had never won a game in europe. Now presumably given the situation with the merchandise deal, and how much we have spent already, we can afford to get him to fuck. Assuming the idiots that employed in the first place didn't give him stupid wages, which surely he could not possibly be on given he is a nobody signing. 6 years for that pish. fucking livid.

I'd be interested to know what kind of structure the new DOF wants to apply, and how much influence, if any, he's had so far since he arrived.

He will surely have a big say in Pedro's future if things don't work out this season. Then you come to our future appointments under Allan and how successful they are.

Just now, Bellshill_Bear said:

Basically 4 new signings, 2 players tjat have been oit for nearly a full season which leaves 5 shite from last season.

As tragic  as this is, the club is going through a third transition in as many years. 

1, Last season's squad should have beat them.

2, The season's already started, no flier.

13 minutes ago, Lothianbear said:

The problem i have with Pedro is since he arrived iv'e seen nothing to suggest he knows what he's doing. He rambles on about transitions and second balls etc and im not sure the players get what he's on about , certainly dosen't look like it. 

He dosen't seem to like creative players as he's chopped Mackay, O'Hallaron and Forrester, ok theyre no great but im sure they could only improve that shambles tonight. We create very little and that needs to change. 

Tbh with this squad we were never reaching the group stages anyway but we have potentially lost a fair bit of revenue with this early exit, every time we think were turning a corner we hit another wall. 

We need a manager who knows  how to set up a team that can ultimatly close in on Septic , Pedro aint that guy im afraid.

The players you mentioned that are all better are shite bags and hide in games like these

4 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

If anything is a result of this it lets the Board know that we need to be bringing in some quality players. Massive questions regarding the Manager after tonight but he is still going with the majority of Warburtons failures even Miller was terrible tonight, The players he brought in have only been here a week. 

We finished 3rd in Scotland last year 30 points behind the filth. That isn't Pedro's fault that is on MW & DW.

Pedro is just trying to fix the monumental fuck up he was left. 

Only 3 of his signings started tonight 4 if you include Bates who is a Pedro pick. 

We need to write off Europe and just accept  that we are still in a rebuilding process. 

2 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

He's done.  All talk and not backed up by an ability to get results. 

He has European experience, he knows what was required, he was backed to get his first choice players. he got the players early.   No excuses.

His credibility is shredded beyond recovery.    So is the credibility of the players he has signed who have played for him.   

I very much doubt he will be anywhere near tough enough and capable enough to handle the pressure he is about to experience after a defeat like this.    He won't be able to handle the criticism without it becoming personal for him.    He'll walk if come Christmas he has not got a side in close contention for the top of the league.   

Spot on!! Only guy who I think could handle the pressure is big Eck

47 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

The players you mentioned that are all better are shite bags and hide in games like these

ye i agree but theyre also all capabile of doing something special to win games, i don't see that with this squad. Aye get rid of them if you don't rate them but bring in players that are better in those positions to create chances , tonight he was playing two devensive mids limiting our chances.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

DK did not employ him mate

Mibee not man I don't know the ins & outs but at the end of the day, he's the one in charge. He's the one who's backing him with our hard earned cash. DK has contributed nothing but the season ticket money. A fraud, same as the past few "owners" 

cunt doesn't even go to the games but still has time to embarrass himself in front of the media. We're becoming a joke. 

59 minutes ago, Lothianbear said:

ye i agree but theyre also all capabile of doing something special to win games, i don't see that with this squad. Aye get rid of them if you don't rate them but bring in players that are better in those positions to create chances , tonight he was playing two devensive mids limiting our chances.

Mckay is capable of running to the fullback cutting in and fucking up the pass or psssing to the midfield.

Forrester i womt even go into but MOH i will give you, there is s slight chsnce hr can produce sometbing

5 hours ago, King Jela said:

Surely a joke? He should have been sacked after the 5-1 drubbing at home against the scum. There was absolutely no coming back from that, never mind this. Horrendous manager.

Agreed. However the 5-1 game could at least be explained a little by the "not his players" excuse or the ludicrous "go down fighting" pish King was peddling last week. I feel any manager should not oversee a pumping like that in a derby match regardless of the playing staff. If you cant win, then dont lose, if you cant prevent defeat then limit the damage. Fucking terrible but this is where we are at ATM.

Tonight is unforgivable. Pedro was shown up and found wanting. He will never recover from this as Rangers manager.

IF he was to be sacked, which will never happen unless the fans group together and make a effort to get rid of him... where does that leave us? Seeking another manager, another transfer window, another clear out? Its getting worse that the tims during the 90s FFS. He might as well be left in place to see how the league season goes as there is no money to make further wholesale changes. AFTER 3 months look at it again and hopefully if it ain't working he will walk!

However, if that is the case and Pedro's team is a domestic shambles then the problem is also with Stewart Robertson and whoever else thought appointing him was a good idea, boardroom changes required.

Not upmfor debate, and whomever appointed him should go also as no one but no one who attends Ibrox week in week out would have let him anywhere near Ibrox as apart from his first game we have been brutal. The tarriers last season in the 2-0 semi then the 5-1 against the mhanky mob should have been enough and should have went then.

But again people at the top being clueless losing the club a good run and much needed finances but our board took the cheap option..

Are we all glad Warbs left now?  At least we playerd football under him, the end product was shite but the only player he spent on really at Ibrox was an alleged £1.5 million but the club have never really stated what they spent on him as the are again this season with transfers undisclosed.  

Can anyone tell me how much we have spent on new transfers since we came up?  As I reckon it's under £10 million, in fact it's nowhere near £10 million in 2 seasons and we just threw away another £1m home gate with a possiblilty of 4 more cash paying sellouts. 

DISGUSTED AND WANTED HIM GONE AFTER THE 5-1 HUMILATION, and was told then it was too soon ? No it was too late as he should never have been here and King himself should step in and show him the door 

4 hours ago, Amac9 said:

Should never have been brought in in the first place. A complete nobody who is signing unknown and unproven foreign players. 

Hopefully I'm wrong but he's another PLG but this time we've no one to bail us out.

Don't insult PLG, he had a proven track record in France and was hit property at the time,  we all new who he was. And you are not wrong as we must cut our losses now. 

2 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

Said it before and got slated. 

The man is WAY out of his depth and tried to win support from fans to compensate. 

He was given a chance and the full backing from 99% of bears. 

He had his chance and blew it. 

I was raging just as much as you after the game but don't you think you are jumping the gun?