Is that the Transfer Budget Torched ?

3 hours ago, WWTC said:

Starting at 200kodd, rising with each round, plus 2.5M bonus for qualifying, and 350k for each win. So not gettin to the group stage has cost us the best part of 4M minimum, not including gate receipts, TV money, and any additional money for points at group stage.

2.5m for qual? no way near that u get 3m for CL playoff more like 500k if that

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Torontoblue76 said:

Hope none of the remaining targets get put off by that display. And while I'm here I think it would be a disaster to bin Pedro now. Whatever his failings, he needs to be given until Xmas at least to give the club stability and some of these players a chance to bed in. FWIW I think Alves, Dorrans and Herrera plus a fit-again Niko can change the picture dramatically. Alves would never have let the Progres guy pin him back for their first goal...

What you're describing is a repeat of last season. So we get to Christmas and Pedro has not turned it around, what then?

If you've got a bad tooth, you're better to have it pulled out now. It's only going to get worse.

10 hours ago, writingranger said:

No, King said the budget was allocated without a run in Europe. other than Dorrans and maybe Walker, we don't need any more players yet. What we need is the manager to start forming them into a team. There is talent there but no functioning midfield unit.

King also said that the budget had been allocated without / before the retail deal situation / before fans pumped thousands into buying new strips etc... 

So, I guess, there is maybe that money too to consider - albeit I don't know how much that is. 

25 minutes ago, The Beast said:

What you're describing is a repeat of last season. So we get to Christmas and Pedro has not turned it around, what then?

If you've got a bad tooth, you're better to have it pulled out now. It's only going to get worse.

Comparing Pedro to a bad tooth is probably going to lead to shitty teeth puns...

Because I thought we were going to put up a plaque in his honour... 

It was a huge risk spending the transfer budget the way we have and I think Pedro will have left the building before any of them reach double figures in competitive appearences.

When he has gone, it wouldn't be a surprise if some of the new players drift and I'd be making sure that those who can't speak English, are given intense lessons over the summer.

13 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We'd still be a wide player and 2 fullbacks short,our fullbacks are shite as are Dalcio and Candieas

What's Oduwa up to these days at least he could beat a man and have us on the edge of our seats.

3 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Some Rangers expert (i.e. one of them) on talksport last night claiming our budget/dealings are all based on us getting into the group stages, so it must be true and we are fecked!

Not a chance we've budgeted for that,group stages was always a long shot 

13 hours ago, writingranger said:

No, King said the budget was allocated without a run in Europe. other than Dorrans and maybe Walker, we don't need any more players yet. What we need is the manager to start forming them into a team. There is talent there but no functioning midfield unit.

For me we absolutely need some real (relative) quality on the wings, be that as a winger or a full back. Preferably two.

Should it be a FB, it might be a novel concept and handy if they could actually defend.

3 hours ago, Zulu said:

Just as well its not my money i wouldnt give this fukin clown another penny to spend

Shut the fuck up, grudging the club money like that. 

If you're unhappy about the current signings is to give the club money to fund other fundings or what the fuck ever you're unhappy cunt is wanting. 

I reckon  Dorrans will  sign but after that the priority  must be too reduce the wage bill  if Forrester    m.o.h    Doodo etc can't be moved on than I'm sure that will have   a bearing on more signings  

The budget was planned without Europe or Kit deal factored as far as I was aware. The result affects our reputation and standing more than our signing plans I think. The Europa league doesn't earn clubs much unless they go deep into the tournament. 

58 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

King promised to spend all the season book money on new players. I reckon we must still have around 3 or 4 million to spend. 

He then clarified to say that loans had paid for the transfers so as we don't know how much everyone cost or how much was loaned its a guessing game.

I would think after Dorrans the board will not make anymore until they see what the team plays like as we still have to the 1st September to make any more moves.

Full points and they might sanction some more for quality....just my guess

5 hours ago, Ibrox_Nights said:

For me we absolutely need some real (relative) quality on the wings, be that as a winger or a full back. Preferably two.

Should it be a FB, it might be a novel concept and handy if they could actually defend.

yeah, that would be a novelty. We need to be able to switch play - use the wings, go through the middle &"go over the top.

21 hours ago, WWTC said:

Starting at 200kodd, rising with each round, plus 2.5M bonus for qualifying, and 350k for each win. So not gettin to the group stage has cost us the best part of 4M minimum, not including gate receipts, TV money, and any additional money for points at group stage.

We were most likely not getting to the group's stages anyway. That would have been a bit of a miracle.

I was basing my comment on getting to the 3rs round of qualifying.

6 minutes ago, BluenoseCanuck said:

We were most likely not getting to the group's stages anyway. That would have been a bit of a miracle.

I was basing my comment on getting to the 3rs round of qualifying.

Which is about 700k, and my post was about the cost of not reaching the group stages.

3 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Which is about 700k, and my post was about the cost of not reaching the group stages.

I get ya but we were never going to reach the group stages so if we have taken a hit to the planned transfer budget it might only be to the tune of 700k instead of 4 million as the club (although saying they expected the group stages) probably more realistically say the 3rd round.

Obviously I am guessing but when seeing the teams in the deep in qualifying we'd have to face it's not realistic to set financial goals to beat those type of teams.

16 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

Comparing Pedro to a bad tooth is probably going to lead to shitty teeth puns...

Because I thought we were going to put up a plaque in his honour... 

It's hard to see how we can stop the decay but I'm happy to Listerine to your views on him.