Why Do We Continue To Extend The Hand of Friendship?

JCS

Since rejoining the SPL (I refuse to call it the SPFL because there is nothing professional about it) our club has, very publicly, sought to mend the many relationships that were so badly fractured during the debacle that was our period in administration and our journey through the lower leagues.

I need not reiterate the many petty and vindictive actions of the SFA and the SPFL, nor those of the SPFL club's that sought our demise, gloried in the many scantions imposed upon us and derided and berated our club and support with a hatred that was almost manic in it's expression.

Nor will I describe the utter malice with which the SPL club's - and particularly their supporters groups - sought to consign our club to the oblivion of the lowest tier of Scottish football and impose upon us penalties the like of which no other club in the UK has suffered.

In spite of this, and immediately upon our return to the SPFL, our Chairman and Board of Directors offered an 'olive branch to the SFA, SPFL and the many (senior and junior) club's that had so enthusiastically 'put the boot in', when we were at our lowest ebb, hoping that bridges could be mended and broken relationships repaired.

Many of us thought that to be naive and dangerous, and the events of the past week have proven our reservations to be well founded. The 'usual suspects' reacted with self righteous indignation to the Supreme Court EBT judgement, with attack after vitriolic attack, all consciously designed to heap irresistable pressure on Regan and Doncaster to initiate the process of trophy stripping. The attacks have been non-stop throughout the week, and show no sign of abating.

Whilst I welcome the statement released by Club 1872 and, particularly, the threat of legal action and boycott, we must acknowledge the reality of the situation and accept that friendship with these people is impossible. Surely now our Board, Directors and supporters must realise that we are operating, effectively, in a state of war. These clubs and organisations are beligerents, not friends. We cannot have friendly relations with them because - quite simply - they are, and always have been - our enemies. There is no longer any vestige of trust and confidence between us, and our differences are now utterly irreconcilable.

Let's now openly recognise this and stop this phoney 'let's all be good friends together' approach. The events of this past week have proven unequivocally that these people will never rest until Rangers Football Club has been destroyed. We have no friends in Scottish football and we need to 'get real about our position and take the fight to them. No more dignified silences and no more 'bending the knee'. The only hand we extend from now on must be a clenched fist!

I don't think very many fans want to 'build bridges,' nor do those running the club. I dare say that the Club 1872 statement is a stealth message from our board to those that are trying to have our honours stripped based on hysteria alone. 

It's very obvious that there are those who would rather let Gary Glitter babysit their kids than build bridges with us. So fuck them, and lets leave the bridges on flames. Rangers are the only team that matters and everyone nows it. 

23 minutes ago, JCS said:

Since rejoining the SPL (I refuse to call it the SPFL because there is nothing professional about it) our club has, very publicly, sought to mend the many relationships that were so badly fractured during the debacle that was our period in administration and our journey through the lower leagues.

I need not reiterate the many petty and vindictive actions of the SFA and the SPFL, nor those of the SPFL club's that sought our demise, gloried in the many scantions imposed upon us and derided and berated our club and support with a hatred that was almost manic in it's expression.

Nor will I describe the utter malice with which the SPL club's - and particularly their supporters groups - sought to consign our club to the oblivion of the lowest tier of Scottish football and impose upon us penalties the like of which no other club in the UK has suffered.

In spite of this, and immediately upon our return to the SPFL, our Chairman and Board of Directors offered an 'olive branch to the SFA, SPFL and the many (senior and junior) club's that had so enthusiastically 'put the boot in', when we were at our lowest ebb, hoping that bridges could be mended and broken relationships repaired.

Many of us thought that to be naive and dangerous, and the events of the past week have proven our reservations to be well founded. The 'usual suspects' reacted with self righteous indignation to the Supreme Court EBT judgement, with attack after vitriolic attack, all consciously designed to heap irresistable pressure on Regan and Doncaster to initiate the process of trophy stripping. The attacks have been non-stop throughout the week, and show no sign of abating.

Whilst I welcome the statement released by Club 1872 and, particularly, the threat of legal action and boycott, we must acknowledge the reality of the situation and accept that friendship with these people is impossible. Surely now our Board, Directors and supporters must realise that we are operating, effectively, in a state of war. These clubs and organisations are beligerents, not friends. We cannot have friendly relations with them because - quite simply - they are, and always have been - our enemies. There is no longer any vestige of trust and confidence between us, and our differences are now utterly irreconcilable.

Let's now openly recognise this and stop this phoney 'let's all be good friends together' approach. The events of this past week have proven unequivocally that these people will never rest until Rangers Football Club has been destroyed. We have no friends in Scottish football and we need to 'get real about our position and take the fight to them. No more dignified silences and no more 'bending the knee'. The only hand we extend from now on must be a clenched fist!

I totally get where you are coming from, but I say play them all at their own game.

Yes, give it the hand of friendship speeches, making us to be seen as the good guys, but make it a double edged sword, to be followed up with the smart innuendo, much like I said on another thread, in coming out with statements that the game needs cleaned up in safeguarding children, condemning people at large who support terrorism, people who dishonour our war dead and our troops in general, the tax avoidance schemes that are widely used. Condemn the lot of without naming names as everyone on the planet will know exactly who they are. What do they do, all break cover. No, which gives us more opportunity to follow through, repeating the dogma of the righteous and making every other hating cunt look bad. If any break cover, then we can just very openly shred them from a position of strength, instead of being the bad guy crying wolf. 

19 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Would be good if Donald Finley could of used his skills to defend the club against all these attacks rather than getting shyte off

Unfortunately, that's his job and he is fucking good at it!

Blame the cunt that filmed him when he was our our V P.

We could be doing with our Donald back in the ranks.

????????????????

In spite of this, and immediately upon our return to the SPFL, our Chairman and Board of Directors offered an 'olive branch to the SFA, SPFL and the many (senior and junior) club's that had so enthusiastically 'put the boot in', when we were at our lowest ebb, hoping that bridges could be mended and broken relationships repaired.

Apart from maybe paying lip service to some general pish like trying to improve the Scottish game I don't remember seeing any of this.

15 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

In spite of this, and immediately upon our return to the SPFL, our Chairman and Board of Directors offered an 'olive branch to the SFA, SPFL and the many (senior and junior) club's that had so enthusiastically 'put the boot in', when we were at our lowest ebb, hoping that bridges could be mended and broken relationships repaired.

Apart from maybe paying lip service to some general pish like trying to improve the Scottish game I don't remember seeing any of this.

Me neither. In fact I think we have been admirably unfriendly.

1 hour ago, will2203 said:

Unfortunately, that's his job and he is fucking good at it!

Blame the cunt that filmed him when he was our our V P.

We could be doing with our Donald back in the ranks.

????????????????

Why, what did he do when he was here before?

2 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

The hand seems to becoming 2 fingers at Scottish football's continual harassment of our club and a fist in Liewells coupon. I don't see us going out our way to be friends with our enemies any more.

Good??????

2 hours ago, JCS said:

We have some friends but we shouldn't need them 

If we grow some balls .They will all be quivering under the covers sooner than later