St Johnstone again?

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The goal.

Poor from the keeper but who the fuck was that who couldn't control his water?

Kind of goal that's been heading our way for 2 years now.

Let's just hope they confine it to friendlies.

Just now, To Be A Ranger said:

Did we play most of the game with 10 men or were we allowed to replace Nico who was 'asked to leave the pitch'

@Inigo was there on behalf of the Ticket Office. He stepped in as it was more of a replace him now thing than a red card.

@Inigo says played overall well but Miller, Wallace and Bates were horrific. To the extent he thought they were doing a Fergie/ PLG on Pedro.

Shocking if true but Inigo speaks no lies...

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

@Inigo was there on behalf of the Ticket Office. He stepped in as it was more of a replace him now thing than a red card.

@Inigo says played overall well but Miller, Wallace and Bates were horrific. To the extent he thought they were doing a Fergie/ PLG on Pedro.

Bring in Eck & Souness to sort that behaviour out. The dream team. 

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Oh Fuck sake. Here we go again

15 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

3142zr4.jpg Lts'e eb ecalr

It went just how I thought. dominated possession but never took our chances. I was happy with the performance overall the basics of our plan is there its now about finishing off the chances we make. I still think that will come with time.

They way some reacted it was like we were rotten and that couldn't be further from the truth.

Never normally get why folk worry about pre-season scores... The results are meaningless and its about building fitness...

That being said having witnessed our car-crash European matches... I understand that for this one the management and players are under scrutiny.

You'd also think the spineless bastards would have shown some reaction on the pitch, but it doesn't look like it at all.

I watched the game as well.

Thought we played well in spells. Dorrans has a good range of passing. Tav had a good game finding people with his crossing and making good tackles.  Pena looks a player good touches and good under pressure. Herrera looked decent as well.

I thought the defense played well too only thing is the can have the occasional lapse in concentration.

Only negatives are our wide men dont run too the byline especially wallace he runs so far turns back and passes too the midfield who pass it wide who pass it back. Any time we got the ball forward they had 4 in the box and the midfield pressing constantly we struggled to find a way through. 

We very rarely got in behind their defence as a result.

If we do that we will start scoring more goals which i think will happen. A walker type player would help and would be the last piece of the jig saw for now.

The thing that doesnt help is every summer for the last 3 years the team has under went a full reshuffle. The team and manager need tine to gel and get some cohesion.

If we stick with this core team and add maybe 2 quality players in january and another 2 with our entire summer budget i see us challanging next season.

This season we will finish second. Next we shouldnbe aiming fornfirst realistically

23 hours ago, KingKirk said:

It went just how I thought. dominated possession but never took our chances. I was happy with the performance overall the basics of our plan is there its now about finishing off the chances we make. I still think that will come with time.

They way some reacted it was like we were rotten and that couldn't be further from the truth.

Just watched it in full, waited for the website to get sorted today, and I have to say I share your opinion, it's not as bad as many are making out. We created enough chances to win 4/5 nil and at least we made the keeper work for a good few of those.

I think Pedro has to stop making so many changes as we lost all momentum and shape in the last 20 mins.

Interesting to see we went more like narrow 4-3-3 with wing backs that occasionally looked like 4-4-2 diamond with wing backs. I reckon we need a solid number 10 and a new left back so we can stop relying on Miller who was poor and Wallace who couldn't hit a target with any of his crosses.

We definitely need to up the tempo when countering we don't have anyone willing to take the ball and run with it but I think that some of the switching from the flanks was quite good at making use of the space again just need players that can cross properly.