Barry Ferguson bankrupt.

K.A.I

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, fisher42uk said:

He's 100% not broke, this is just a way to avoid paying debt. 

a bit like Craigy Whyte and look how skint he seems to be after being declared bankrupt! Many bankruptees still shoot around living the high life. He is most likely being proactive based on the EBT and the film company tax incentives that he benefited from.

5 hours ago, Juniorsparkie said:

My mate always said that John Terry would the first of the funny money Brigade to go tits up.

Is this pre-emptive about EBT's hiding the dosh ?

Wealthy guy who lived in same town as me growing up went bankrupt more than once, still kept the somewhat large house and drove the Range Rover and that was early 70s.  Barry's money will be well hidden by now and his multiple properties will all be in family members names.  

Still he can always earn another 20pcs of silver bad mouthing the Rangers.

2 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

"Ferguson, who lives in a gated mansion near Larkhall, Lanarkshire, has declared that he has only £3,000 worth of assets available to help pay off his creditors."

At it.

He owned/still does?a property just at the Garrion bridge , probably worth 3/4 of a mill easy.

People with more wealth than Barry Ferguson have went bankrupt. 

Probably a business deal went tits up. Its hard for us normal people collecting a modest wage to imagine a multi-millionaire ex footballer going bankrupt, but believe me, it happens.

6 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Probably a business deal went tits up. Its hard for us normal people collecting a modest wage to imagine a multi-millionaire ex footballer going bankrupt, but believe me, it happens.

Ok we do.

59 minutes ago, BEE said:

He personally has went bankrupt, not a company like many are suggesting.

Basically 'disposed' of all his assets and stuck two fingers up to his creditors.

:tu:

I stand corrected then mate ..... I thought it was a company he was involved with ..... although as you say he has "disposed" of all his assets ... therefore the principal is the same .... and no need to shed any tears for "poor" Barry ..... :lol:

:UK:

18 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Thanks for the insight, interesting stuff

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

How can someone who made good money in his prime like he did over a studded career end up going bankrupt? he went bankrupt owing 1.4 million according to The Sun article,

I get footballers become accustomed to a certain standard of living at their peak and they find it difficult to adapt when the money dries up, but I just don't get how someone can go from earning millions per year to going bankrupt like that.

Don't really like the guy but wouldn't wish that on him, obviously.

It's easy done. I know!!!! 

Also happened to Boris Becker. 

55 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Yep - ask Boris Becker! 

1 hour ago, murzo said:

He owned/still does?a property just at the Garrion bridge , probably worth 3/4 of a mill easy.

It'll be a tactical bankruptcy.

He's been hit with a tax bill and rather than paying it, he's taken an escape route. Its the morally wrong route, so to be speak, but it's his choice and I'd do the same.

Coincidently, The Secret Footballer writes about ex-footballers being hit with a huge, crippling tax bill, himself included. I can't remember the exact cause (Image rights complications comes to mind in his case) and Ferguson's case sounds similar.

He was the only rangers player involved in those dodgy film companies. Did he not stay next door to lemon so maybe  was lemon who got him involved.

Bet Bazza knows whether the scum were behind all their players being involved in the tax dodge.

9 minutes ago, soulboy said:

He was the only rangers player involved in those dodgy film companies. Did he not stay next door to lemon so maybe  was lemon who got him involved.

Bet Bazza knows whether the scum were behind all their players being involved in the tax dodge.

Can that assumption work in reverse. Can those smelly, fenian cunt not take out ebt's.

5 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Your mates a tit then. Terry was earning over 100k a week for over 10 years and the last 5 of those was closer to 200k. He also has several investment firms set up.

You say that like the mega rich never make bad investments and lose their money.