The old songbook

10 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Walking down copland rd swinging ma chain 

Along came a fenian who asked ma name 

A kicked him in the baws and a kicked him in the head 

NOW THAT FENIAN IS DEAD!!!

It's smelly wee arseholes like you that give the media all the ammo they need to write negative stories about us. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Plastering these videos all over social media and bringing more attention to it is silly. 

Its too easy to say "but they do it and nothing happens". I think we all know we'll be treated differently by the media and the governing bodies. 

If the club gets into trouble over this then "but Celtic fans sing it" won't stop us from being punished. 

Agree and disagree.

You've got a point in that people with smartphones and social media posting dubious stuff up get's us heat - especially when cunts do it for likes and attention.

But strict liability means in Scotland at least we won't get punished. It's a myth that we'll get punished for singing domestically. Not saying that gives us carte blache to do what we wan't but the threat of punishment for singing isn't realistic. Never has been and never will be.

I love the old song book (and some new ones like Tiffany and Ryan Jack is a fucking Protestant) :crabflute:

10 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

It's fine But we need to be disciplined and clever enough to cut it out when we're playing in Europe. 

Still get's on my tits though how after 2 offences we got a fan ban yet the tarriers 13 fan-related charges since 2012 or something and it's small fine after small fine. I agree that saying Celtic did it is no defence (if charged by UEFA) but it sticks in my fucking craw big time.

10 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Long overdue we sing what we want, if they rancid republican tarrier scumbags can do what they want then so can we.. 

long may this continue.

You no learn your lesson the last time ya horrible wee bigot? Vile behaviour in this day and age. Yer no a martyr!!!

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Would like to see a decent lawyer defend someone for getting arrested for shouting  Fuck the Pope. 

Better give Donald Findlay a miss he was stuck in by "1 of our own" in the WRC singing that really offensive 

"the Billy Boys" if you are offended don't listen?

On 07/08/2017 at 7:27 AM, Bluepeter9 said:

Spoken as someone who cares more about singing songs of hate than the trouble the club might get in. A true supporter? My arse. 

You think "fuck the Pope and the IRA" is a song of hate? What a sheltered life you must live.

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

It is pretty certain that legislation will be introduced to hold the clubs responsible for fan behaviour.  We have many in our support who put particular songs / words before the interests of Rangers.  

So don't sing songs because of something that might be introduced in the future?

2 hours ago, Frank Harrison said:

So don't sing songs because of something that might be introduced in the future?

So you think in 2017 it is fine for us to sing f++k the pope?  The Billy Boys gets us into bother as well.  All bad publicity but you see nothing wrong with it?   It is already against the law to sing or shout F the pope and one of our fans was given 4 months for singing TBB.    I despair at those fans who consider their song sheet more important than Rangers.

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

So you think in 2017 it is fine for us to sing f++k the pope?  The Billy Boys gets us into bother as well.  All bad publicity but you see nothing wrong with it?   It is already against the law to sing or shout F the pope and one of our fans was given 4 months for singing TBB.    I despair at those fans who consider their song sheet more important than Rangers.

Yeah I do.

When does the billy boys get us into bother? It's been sung at every game at Hampden, every derby and a few times against Hibs in the last few years and not once has it got us in bother. Not bothered about publicity we get it no matter what.

11 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Yeah I do.

When does the billy boys get us into bother? It's been sung at every game at Hampden, every derby and a few times against Hibs in the last few years and not once has it got us in bother. Not bothered about publicity we get it no matter what.

People like you sum up what is wrong with a section of our fans.  Songbook before Club.