*****The Official Rangers vs Dunfermline Thread*****

13 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Alnwick

Tav Wilson Bates Hodson

Candeias Pena Holt Windass 

Morelos Herrera 

Keep the confidence players (Candeias/Windass) playing, start Morelos/Pena for fitness/experience.

Should be comfortable.

Look at the state of that defence! ?

Guest Lloyd72

Wes    

Tavernier   Cardoso    Alves   Beerman

Candeias   Pena    Rossiter  Windass

Morelos   Herrera

4-0 Rangers Herrera Hattrick 

16 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Alnwick

Tav Wilson Bates Hodson

Candeias Pena Holt Windass 

Morelos Herrera 

Keep the confidence players (Candeias/Windass) playing, start Morelos/Pena for fitness/experience.

Should be comfortable.

Would genuinely be worried about getting beat with that team.

Just now, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Look at the state of that defence! ?

All players who are going to be in and around the squad this season, they're going to have to play at some point, 2nd round of the league cup is a good a time as any. 

Wallace can't play every match, Hodson/Beerman are his replacements at the moment

Would also rather have Bruno/Cardoso both rested and ready to go against hibs on Saturday.

If that team can't beat Dunfermline at home then we've got problems

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Would genuinely be worried about getting beat with that team.

Going forward, it should be similar to the last few games and if that back 4 can't keep Dunfermline quiet then they should get to fuck out the club.

Can't be Tav/Cardoso/Alves/Wallace for 45/50 games this season

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Going forward, it should be similar to the last few games and if that back 4 can't keep Dunfermline quiet then they should get to fuck out the club.

Can't be Tav/Cardoso/Alves/Wallace for 45/50 games this season

No but Pedro knows he'll be under huge pressure if we lose.

Yet you propose having only one of the back 5 who has been a regular during pre season and the last few games. And he's been nursing an injury.

Along with a central midfielder who we've been told is unfit and a front pairing that haven't played together yet to any degree.

No one is saying 45 / 50 games.

But the pre season has been disjointed and problematic enough to think now is not a good time to completely change the starting 11.

When the first 11 are fully in the groove then yeah, but until then I'd hope for no more than one or two changes ie the front 2 you've mentioned or maybe Niko or Rossiter for a midfielder.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

No but Pedro knows he'll be under huge pressure if we lose.

Yet you propose having only one of the back 5 who has been a regular during pre season and the last few games. And he's been nursing an injury.

Along with a central midfielder who we've been told is unfit and a front pairing that haven't played together yet to any degree.

No one is saying 45 / 50 games.

But the pre season has been disjointed and problematic enough to think now is not a good time to completely change the starting 11.

When the first 11 are fully in the groove then yeah, but until then I'd hope for no more than one or two changes ie the front 2 you've mentioned or maybe Niko or Rossiter for a midfielder.

I'm more thinking of the league tbh, aye we want to go on a cup good run but not at the risk of injuries to key players....take Cardoso/Alves out the team for Saturday due to injuries and i'm going in worried. If the option is to take a risk and play a weakened team in the 2nd round of the cup and ensure our players get a rest, then i'm all for it.

Pedro would get absolute pelters from our fan base if we start Alves tomorrow, he breaks a leg and is out till after new year....

We have been told Pena is unfit, the only way he's going to get match fit is by playing in games now, he's missed the friendlies (most of them) and u20s doesn't really cut it these days. Give him 45/60 minutes in front of a decent Ibrox crowd, we're playing against Dunfermline, shouldn't have to be our strongest 11 to beat them!

Those players i've named are all in and around the first team, some have been playing recently, others have had cameo appearances, it's not a bunch of young boys

14 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

All players who are going to be in and around the squad this season, they're going to have to play at some point, 2nd round of the league cup is a good a time as any. 

Wallace can't play every match, Hodson/Beerman are his replacements at the moment

Would also rather have Bruno/Cardoso both rested and ready to go against hibs on Saturday.

If that team can't beat Dunfermline at home then we've got problems

I would think your team would struggle against Dunfermline. The 1st team has played just a couple of games together and is still gelling. Your team is completely untried and is just asking for trouble. Why would we want to put even more undue pressure on ourselves?

hoping for a good convincing win a 4-0 or something would do. Be good to get Herrera and morelos on the score sheet would like them both to start as miller at his age shouldn't be starting after the weekend and probably against Hibs. maybe give Pena a run out if possible to see what hes about and get him some match time - might even score a goal who knows!

Buzzing that the footy's back 3 games in a week is like heaven!

48 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

No idea why anybody would want Alves to start, he was away in the summer at the confederations cup and has next to no break this summer. If he plays on Wed and Sat that's 6 games in 14 days for him. Will be fucked at the end of the season if we don't rest him at times throughout the season, Wednesday night is perfect example of a game he should be on the bench.

I agree Wilson & Cardoso should have no bother dealing with Nicky Clark. 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I think Wilson, Pena and Morelos need to get good game time in this one. Start them with Miller, Dorrans and Alves dropping out.

I agree they need game time, but starting the three of them would probably disrupt our play somewhat. I would start Pena and Morelos and bring Wilson on later on in the game.

1 hour ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

I would think your team would struggle against Dunfermline. The 1st team has played just a couple of games together and is still gelling. Your team is completely untried and is just asking for trouble. Why would we want to put even more undue pressure on ourselves?

I'm looking at it from the perspective that the team i've lined up is full of experienced players, some international, who should be beating Dunfermline fairly