Would you want to see a priority system in cup games?

RFCRobertson

It doesn't bother me personally as much as what it might others. I'm happy to see Rangers play whenever I can. Just a small note, at time of writing I believe there's only 30,000 something going to the game tomorrow night (which I find really good considering it's a midweek game and late kick off) however people say that if it were the taigs and not Dunfermline we were playing it'd be sold out before now. 

Some people get angry about going through all the rounds of either the League or Scottish cup (mainly going to see Rangers play against lower league opposition like tomorrow night) but come bigger opposition games, namely the old firm, the semi and/or final and fail to get a ticket for it despite being there for every round meanwhile someone who only shows up for big games gets a ticket ahead of them.

So question is, would you want to see a priority system that sees people who go through all rounds of a cup competition get a ticket guaranteed? 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

It doesn't bother me personally as much as what it might others. I'm happy to see Rangers play whenever I can. Just a small note, at time of writing I believe there's only 30,000 something going to the game tomorrow night (which I find really good considering it's a midweek game and late kick off) however people say that if it were the taigs and not Dunfermline we were playing it'd be sold out before now. 

Some people get angry about going through all the rounds of either the League or Scottish cup (mainly going to see Rangers play against lower league opposition like tomorrow night) but come bigger opposition games, namely the old firm, the semi and/or final and fail to get a ticket for it despite being there for every round meanwhile someone who only shows up for big games gets a ticket ahead of them.

So question is, would you want to see a priority system that sees people who go through all rounds of a cup competition get a ticket guaranteed? 

How would it work though. I've activated my smart card but as it stands I'm.not going. So technically I've bought a ticket but not been 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

How would it work though. I've activated my smart card but as it stands I'm.not going. So technically I've bought a ticket but not been 

Seen someone suggest a point system and it was essentially 

By going to a cup game you get a point. (So 3 games = 3 points)

Come a semi or final, if you've got x amount of points you get priority for tickets. If you don't have any points or x points, you get put in a ballot instead. 

Just now, StirlingBear72 said:

I nevee got a ticket for the semi against the taigs in the Scottish Cup but got a ticket for the final against Hibs. 

It was shite missing out on the semi but it seemed to even itself out. 

No idea how you can put something like you're suggesting in to practice

Don't shoot the messenger, i'm not actually that fussed about it because that's how that scottish cup turned out for me too. 

It is annoying people who barely go to any games getting tickets for semi-finals, finals and taig games. But at the same time it's not really fair to punish people who genuinely can't make midweek cup games due to work etc. 

Don't think there will ever be a system in place that will everybody will like. I think the cup cccs and ballot system that they use just now is probably the fairest way they could do it. What I would say though is that people who missed out on previous ballots should have priority for the next one. 

4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Seen someone suggest a point system and it was essentially 

But how can that work? 

If you buy a ticket and don't go due to family emergency etc then who decides you can or can't get a point?

Guest Lloyd72

I think it's fine how it is tbh, am missing tomorrow but still buying my ticket so if it does come to a ballot later on down the line I should be in, that's how it should work imo.

13 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

But how can that work? 

If you buy a ticket and don't go due to family emergency etc then who decides you can or can't get a point?

If you buy a ticket then whether you show up or not is irrelevant. 

90% of us will miss a league game this season at one time. 

On the flip side of a points system if they start from scratch then you will have around 25k of fans all on the same points, they will always get a ticket for the semi / final so there is no incentive for any new fans to sign up. 

Unless you cap the amount of points you can reach, then eventually you are back to square 1 when everyone has the same amount of points. 

There is no perfect solution

The current method is the fairest

ST holders who ticked the box get priority which is fair

Then I believe it goes to RSCs and then ST holders who didn't tick the box?

Then a ballot.

Seems fair enough to me, regardless of what method they use there will be folk who miss out

Every year there's loads of threads with sob stories about how folk couldn't get a ST bit went to every game but couldn't get an OF ticket. I sympathise but at the end of the day business is business and ST holders are the most valued customers who have made a commitment to the club, same with RSCs 

The current method is the fairest one

24 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Don't shoot the messenger, i'm not actually that fussed about it because that's how that scottish cup turned out for me too. 

He didn't shoot the messenger 

You're fussed enough to make a thread and you'll probably spit the dummy before the end of it if It weren't for the fact you only started this thread to get likes from folk who missed the ballot last year

Shame

25 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

It is annoying people who barely go to any games getting tickets for semi-finals, finals and taig games. But at the same time it's not really fair to punish people who genuinely can't make midweek cup games due to work etc. 

Don't think there will ever be a system in place that will everybody will like. I think the cup cccs and ballot system that they use just now is probably the fairest way they could do it. What I would say though is that people who missed out on previous ballots should have priority for the next one. 

That's the worst thing to do.

To me it makes absolutely no difference whether someone on the CCCS who pay for a ticket attends or not. If you buy a ticket to every round, you should have priority.

How many people will pay for a ticket and purposely not go? Not many I would wager.

There have been times I've paid for a ticket and simply haven't been able to attend- that's the price I need pay for the big games and it's worth it.

30 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

What do you mean by activating your smart card?

Surely the only time your card will be activated is when it,s presented to the reader at the turnstile showing that you've actually attended the game 

6 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Yes, priority should be given to those who attended the early rounds. 

Before RSCs and ST holders who have made a minimum year long commitment to the Club?

They could maybe do a package like they do for CL games but the fact is most of the folk who moan about this only care when we're playing celtic or get to a final

3 minutes ago, allcinaye said:

What do you mean by activating your smart card?

Surely the only time your card will be activated is when it,s presented to the reader at the turnstile showing that you've actually attended the game 

eh when you pay for the dunfermlone game your smart card becomes active for said game......

6 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Yes, priority should be given to those who attended the early rounds. 

Before RSCs and ST holders who have made a minimum year long commitment to the Club?

They could maybe do a package like they do for CL games but the fact is most of the folk who moan about this only care when we're playing celtic or get to a final

Can see you're point, I go to every Rangers game I possibly can , right now I'm working away and the way my rotation works means the game against that mob in September will be my first of the season , once this contract ends I'll be back down the road ( probably October) and back to going every week again including away games where I've got a ticket, I'd be a  bit pissed off if I had no chance of a ticket for a semi final or final because I need to provide for my family. 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

eh no when you pay for the dunfermlone game your smart card becomes active for said game......

When you are on CCCS the money is taken off automatically but that doesn,t mean that you've actually went to the game

1 minute ago, allcinaye said:

When you are on CCCS the money is taken off automatically but that doesn,t mean that you've actually went to the game

I know that. I'm on cccs and all non ST home games.....

I'm no getting what your point is here.

If I don't pay the ticket then my smartcard wouldn't be "enabled" for tomorrow 

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Can see you're point, I go to every Rangers game I possibly can , right now I'm working away and the way my rotation works means the game against that mob in September will be my first of the season , once this contract ends I'll be back down the road ( probably October) and back to going every week again including away games where I've got a ticket, I'd be a  bit pissed off if I had no chance of a ticket for a semi final or final because I need to provide for my family. 

Why would you be "pissed off" instead of just accepting that the way it is and, no offense, not everyone works away and there's thousands of ST holders and folk who attend every week and deserve priority? And even many of them miss out too

We play in a quarter final at Ibrox, There is 50,000 in attendance, semis and finals we only get 20,000, it's mathematically impossible to ensure everyone gets a ticket

This all comes down to folk going in a huff cuz they missed out, I've missed loads of games even with an ST but it's just the way the cookie crumbles