*****Official Ross County vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Guest Lloyd72

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Not read the thread since the game started - how are all the 'we can't win this game', and the 'we can't win this game if niko and Kenny start' chaps cope? 

I was one of those chaps who thought that we shouldn't start Kenny and Niko but I'm delighted we won.

Delighted with the win, wasn't the best performance but results like today inspire confidence. Thought the majority of the team played well apart from Miller and Krancjar who should be dropped for the next game, imo both are finished and past their best. I have a good feeling about Pena obviously not seen much of him but likes to get in the box and could be goals in him but you can't tell he's nowhere match fit. 

20 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Not read the thread since the game started - how are all the 'we can't win this game', and the 'we can't win this game if niko and Kenny start' chaps cope? 

I'm one of those fans who thought that neither Kranjcar nor Miller should have started today.  Just before we got the third goal, Ross County looked more likely to equalise than for us to score.  Obviously happy with the win but the second half was particularly sloppy and I didn't think either NK or KM produced anything for us today. Pedro should have subbed Niko earlier.

7 minutes ago, dogtanian said:

I have a good feeling about Pena obviously not seen much of him but likes to get in the box and could be goals in him but you can't tell he's nowhere match fit. 

I am expecting good things from Pena.   His fitness didn't look bad in the time he was on the park.

36 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I don't know whether it's Pedro or the players but we just don't have the spark to make a real impression on this league.

We could still be gelling but we can't wait forever, we will lose a fair few games this season.

A lot of our performance today was a shambles.

It's maybe over simple to say it but for me we haven't found a tempo in the league with our passing and general play to hurt teams and make it easier to get wins.

We also have to believe in ourselves a bit more when in front and take it to the opposition rather than just dropping off them and let them dictate the play and hold on to what we've got.

Good win and a couple of good goals. Krancjar out wide gives us hee haw, and even when in middle, tell him not to get involved defensively. Let Dorrans and Jack sort that out. Why he started today, not a clue I have!!!

Main thing today, 3 points. But I worry about us. How many times did we needlessly give the ball away. Far too many. 

Glad Herrera got a goal. Hopefully that will give him a wee bit of confidence. 

Herrera looks strong in the air. Would like to see him and Moreles up front together. Give us a direct option with Moreles running off him. 

Get these stupid errors sorted out and we will be a much better team. 

9 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I am expecting good things from Pena.   His fitness didn't look bad in the time he was on the park.

Looks like he is missing match sharpness I think he is fit enough. Got in some good positions around the box and looks like he could chip in with a few goals.

32 minutes ago, dogtanian said:

Looks like he is missing match sharpness I think he is fit enough. Got in some good positions around the box and looks like he could chip in with a few goals.

I honestly think he will be a great player for us when he gets his match sharpness up to full speed.

Canny really understand the haters on here having a go at him considering he's hardly played any significant game time for us tbh.

Hope he proves me right.

Just now, TopCat said:

I honestly think he will be a great player for us when he gets his match sharpness up to full speed.

Canny really understand the haters on here having a go at him considering he's hardly played any significant game time for us tbh.

Hope he proves me right.

Don't get it myself he lost his marker a few times to get some space, exactly what good players do. He fluffed his shot today but he's not had much game time it was bound to happen, imo he will come good just needs games now.

Was out all day yesterday and caught the BBC 5 minute highlights there, Tav done superbly for our first goal and it was a quality header by Morelos, same guy was sharp as a tack for the 2nd, 3rd was a neat finish.

Nico strutting about got robbed of the ball which led to their goal ( nice header goalie no chance) which put us under pressure, the County guy should have walked for the elbow/forearm smash into Miller.

I will take a 3-1 away from home all day long.

Re- the goalies fuck up, big McCloy done something similar against a German team away in Europe.

I've been heavily critical of Caixinha and this team and I remain extremely doubtful that he'll be here beyond October/November, but that was an excellent result.

We weren't great; far from it, but we ground-out a result in a fixture that has massive potential to be a banana skin.

Great result. As others have said NK and KM need to be on the bench. That Sutton/PC exchange was a disgrace. AM/TB both looking at their shoe laces while Sutton acting like a roaster with provocative badgering of our manager also a disgrace. Rangers Legends :(

Sutton must be ones of the thickest commentators in the universe. I will love it if we handle Suttons old team at the end of this month and see the cunts face.