When your son/daughter marries a Celtic fan .............

5 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Being a dad of three girls this was a worry for me, not now, quite confident my lassies won't entertain any of those cunts , even my wife has told them to stick to their own and she doesn't give a fuck about all that stuff, when you're 13 year old is singing in her room about 50p flutes and her 16 year sister has Armagh Brigade playing on her phone, the chest swells. 

Scotty when your kids marry the McGuires, and are ordered to throw their flutes on the fire, listen out for the toodaloo and baggsy first dibs on indoctrination of the grand kids 

:lol:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My daughter was going out with a typical wee nyaffy tarrier, he was a good football player and played with 2 or 3  teams, used to occasionally wear his rag even when he visited us, you know the type---tried to kid on it didn't bother me due to wanting to be seen as a fair minded non bigot etc etc----but I had to draw the line when I came home from work one day and saw a shitload of bloody Celtic jerseys on the washing line--she hsd volunteered to take her turn with the washing of the strips--no fucking way--its bad enough having a daughter kicking about with one of them, but to flaunt it to the world was a no no---ended up no more strips getting ung out and I was called a bigot by my brainwashed daughter------------she soon ditched the Tarrier and is noe married to a Rangers/ ex St Mirren fan-good proddy and all turned out blue in the end.

My step sons wives are tims and my step daughter married one. My husband is devastated because he raised them right - taking them to the walks, the only music played in our house is the tunes. On the plus side all the grandweans are bluenoses with 2 of them ST holders and one coming to Ibrox when she can.

My own sons girlfriend doesn't really like football but she's a sheep :megaanguish:. I really don't know where I've went wrong. My daughter is my only hope. I've improved her chances by moving to Larkhall though!

My Biological Dads a Celtic fan, I married a Celtic fan, Me and my 4 children are all Rangers Fans, Had to sort out my 3rd born with a few trips to Ibrox, He was going in the wrong direction due to his school mates, "Not a Catholic School"  Seems like his School is 75% Celtic. We have deffo lost a Generation.

I married a Catholic who doesn't give a fuck about religion and our 2 kids, daughter 20 and son 16 were never christened or baptised (Well no fuckan way the latter was happening anyway).

We were married in the Church of Scotland and my son is a season ticket holder at Ibrox however my daughter has no real interest in football she has been to a few sash bashes and loved it.

Problem is now she is dating a tim for about 8 months and we still haven't met him( think she is scared to introduce us).

Dont really like it but from what i hear he is good to her, i do however ridicule her and take the piss and im just kinda hoping they get bored and it fizzles out.

11 minutes ago, teddybears1872 said:

My Biological Dads a Celtic fan, I married a Celtic fan, Me and my 4 children are all Rangers Fans, Had to sort out my 3rd born with a few trips to Ibrox, He was going in the wrong direction due to his school mates, "Not a Catholic School"  Seems like his School is 75% Celtic. We have deffo lost a Generation.

Disgusting.

When I was dating my first girlfriend, told mum and dad I had met a girl, told them what she was like,gorgeous girl,really nice,lives local. 

"What's her name son?" Asked mum. I told her. She said "thats nice son, what's her surname?" 

Now me being young and a bit naive tells mum "aw its Doyle. Nice family". Well let's just say mum hit the roof, said something about gypsies,and bead rattlers. Dad made a father ted joke and offers me some tea. Was such an awkward relationship and we lasted 6 months

When I went to school there were literally no sellic fans that I knew about. It was mostly Rangers with a smattering of wee club supporters and the odd sheep.

I take it this is no longer the case in non-denom schools?

5 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Being a dad of three girls this was a worry for me, not now, quite confident my lassies won't entertain any of those cunts , even my wife has told them to stick to their own and she doesn't give a fuck about all that stuff, when you're 13 year old is singing in her room about 50p flutes and her 16 year sister has Armagh Brigade playing on her phone, the chest swells. 

some boy hahaha

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I take it this is no longer the case in non-denom schools

Unfortunately not.

My boy has just went into high school from a non-dem school, whilst most in his class supported Rangers there were quite a few fans of the beggars aswell.

Not sure what it's like in his high school because it's too early to ask, he has only been there for a week.

As i drive up to the games in the car with him, i always encourage him to see if any of his mates want to come along if we can get tickets for them, the more we have catching the bug the better.

It's getting harder now with so many season tickets sold for where we sit in the club deck.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Unfortunately not.

My boy has just went into high school from a non-dem school, whilst most in his class supported Rangers there were quite a few fans of the beggars aswell.

Not sure what it's like in his high school because it's too early to ask, he has only been there for a week.

As i drive up to the games in the car with him, i always encourage him to see if any of his mates want to come along if we can get tickets for them, the more we have catching the bug the better.

It's getting harder now with so many season tickets sold for where we sit in the club deck.

As I suspected.

Although, on the flipside, I know there are some Rangers supporting kids in Catholic shools as well.

Never had a Celtic top worn in the house in the 30 odd years living here. Had maybe 4 Celtic fans in total through the threshold. Have a "4 foreigner" like rule taken from the old European Cup where I'll have no more than 4 on Facebook.  If your a good parent you'll have taught your kids better. Too many passive live and let live types in our support these days. 

36 minutes ago, Inigo said:

As I suspected.

Although, on the flipside, I know there are some Rangers supporting kids in Catholic shools as well.

Yes, i know quite a few who have been in catholic schools but support us.

Got told a story a few weeks back about this very scenario, the boy was a red hot Rangers fan and used to wear his Rangers Shorts to PE and when challenged by teachers he pointed to other boys wearing celtic shorts, anyway you would think this would cause hassle for the boy? Nope, he was a Scottish youth boxing champion and was the 'best fighter' in the school:lol:

6 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Goosebumps reading that.  How it should be. ??

Ex wife's new hubby takes youngest daughter to septic game. Gives oldest daughter septic top. He gets the reaction he was looking for  (well maybe a tad more). Unfortunately for me it has put my daughters off football altogether but the message has been delivered and my girls know exactly where I stand on this. New daughter on the way with new wife.her family have all been told in no uncertain terms what school, which team she's following.  

14 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yes, i know quite a few who have been in catholic schools but support us.

Got told a story a few weeks back about this very scenario, the boy was a red hot Rangers fan and used to wear his Rangers Shorts to PE and when challenged by teachers he pointed to other boys wearing celtic shorts, anyway you would think this would cause hassle for the boy? Nope, he was a Scottish youth boxing champion and was the 'best fighter' in the school:lol:

I know one myself. Unfortunately being bullied a bit because of it, but seems to be made of stern stuff and isn't letting it affect him.

I suppose it lets him work out pretty quickly which wee bastards aren't worth knowing. Sorts the wheat from the chaff. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

When I went to school there were literally no sellic fans that I knew about. It was mostly Rangers with a smattering of wee club supporters and the odd sheep.

I take it this is no longer the case in non-denom schools?

nope. My son attended a non dom. Plenty of cellics fans in there - though defo not overrun

When I was at high school there was one cellic supporter in the whole school, and i think he just done it to be different.

16 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I know one myself. Unfortunately being bullied a bit because of it, but seems to be made of stern stuff and isn't letting it affect him.

I suppose it lets him work out pretty quickly which wee bastards aren't worth knowing. Sorts the wheat from the chaff. 

Bullying is horrible, hope the boy gets through it.

Will only make him a better Bear when he gets older, lets him see the bastards for what they are.

2 hours ago, B1872 said:

This is going to sound weird as fuck but most of my mates that are Protestant have girls as kids and most of my mates kids that are tarriers have boys. Not sure how the fuck that works out but the only time my Protestant mates have got wee boys it's been like the 3/4 time of asking.

I'm sure this is a great disappointment to them

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

nope. My son attended a non dom. Plenty of cellics fans in there - though defo not overrun

When I was at high school there was one cellic supporter in the whole school, and i think he just done it to be different.

I honestly didn't know any, and it was a big school. I knew two sheep and several St Mirren fans, but pretty much everyone else either supported Rangers or didn't like football. 

Now that I think back, it was quite nice not having to deal with any mhankies day to day. It was good to have the pro-Rangers feel running through the school. I really hope it hasn't changed too much.