When your son/daughter marries a Celtic fan .............

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

the father in law was a mad blue nose. When his daughter married me he was delighted. His other daughter got pregnant by a taig and then married him. He was none too impressed, so I was always the favorite. 

Yet my mother in law was a catholic. She was probably the nicest woman I have ever met. And god, could she cook.

My girlfriends dad is a Rangers man but doesn't take much interest in the football these days, her mum is a church of Scotland elder.

Her dad was brought up a catholic in Castlemilk in the 60/70s so supporting Rangers caused him no end of hassle in school, think that is why he took up martial arts and is now teaching it, but as @Inigoand I point out, it helped him see them for what they are.

He's a sparky and i'm a plumber so we chat shit about jobs and get on well, he has no time for the taxi driving beggar her sister is married too though:lol:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Inigo said:

When I went to school there were literally no sellic fans that I knew about. It was mostly Rangers with a smattering of wee club supporters and the odd sheep.

I take it this is no longer the case in non-denom schools?

I have kids in primary and high school, Schools that I went too that were considered non-denom Schools, Think there was aboit 4 celtic fans there in all my years, Yet my kids are outnumbered by them now.Seems that Celtic is there team of choice these days. 

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

My girlfriends dad is a Rangers man but doesn't take much interest in the football these days, her mum is a church of Scotland elder.

Her dad was brought up a catholic in Castlemilk in the 60/70s so supporting Rangers caused him no end of hassle in school, think that is why he took up martial arts and is now teaching it, but as @Inigoand I point out, it helped him see them for what they are.

He's a sparky and i'm a plumber so we chat shit about jobs and get on well, he has no time for the taxi driving beggar her sister is married too though:lol:

No very many of them....

3 minutes ago, teddybears1872 said:

I have kids in primary and high school, Schools that I went too that were considered non-denom Schools, Think there was aboit 4 celtic fans there in all my years, Yet my kids are outnumbered by them now.Seems that Celtic is there team of choice these days. 

I don't think kids choose, I think they're brought up supporting who the family does, or as one half of the family does if there's a conflict.

If kids are tending towards sellic these days, it's because Rangers supporting parents aren't doing enough IMO. They aren't being as insistent as sellic supporting ones and are allowing themselves to be outfought by the sllic side.

That said, I don't think it's as bad a situation as made out. I think things like not buying strips in recent years has made sellic wains more apparent than Rangers ones.

3 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

My son married a taig.  However she isn't as bad as she sounds because she likes the Gers and has no prob with my grandson going to a proper school. She also makes a mean pot of broth. 

you disgusting old man you, imagine what your son would say ffs - disgusting 

my bro in law married one went fine until time to go to school ,even tho they had agreed on the nearest one would do,which was albert dr ,the other side kicked up and one nighjt he came in from work she was gone....leaving a mountainn of debt he new nowt about .  bitch.

As much as I wouldn't want my daughter to be with a fan of them at any point in her life there's no way I'd ever risk my relationship with her over it.

To me it's about priorities and I love her more than I could hate anything.

I would however ensure that I was the best grandad ever so that her kids would follow the Gers with me!

Hopefully never happen though and as she's only 10 I've plenty time to have an influence!

I come from a mixed family, My Dad and Mum are from proddy stock, Dad grew up in Possil and my mum in Royston, my Granda on my mum's side died a few years ago, before his funeral we stood outside his house in the taig tricolour ridden shitehole waiting until his coffin pulled up draped in the Union Jack which was one of the saddest and proudest moments of my life.

On my dad's side my Aunt married a taig and my two cousins are tarriers although as far as I know they're not "rabid", I have another cousin who supports them too

But most of my family that I'm close to are Rangers fans, my Dad is one of the biggest and most knowledgeable Bears ive met and has travelled the globe following the Club. I was too young to remember my first game at Ibrox but one of my earliest ever memories is being in the main stand (I think) at a night time game vs the vermin and everyone singing "Mcstay missed a penalty"

I didn't really have any celtic supporting pals growing up in Houston although I don't think that's a staunchly Rangers area, but I know a good few taigs now and have a couple who are mates although none of them are rabid and usually avoid debates with me on anything to do with the OF as they know their club harboured paedophiles and that trumps anything that they could say about us.

I've never been with a taig burd. If it was a lassie who supported them just cause her family did id maybe consider it but if it was some die hard celtic fan or republican then her and I just simply would not compute so there would be no point in even contemplating a relationship. Especially  since they've all been soiled by their dad's or uncles or most likely both 

I'm proud of my culture, my team, and my heritage. I hate celtic football club with all my heart but I don't hate all celtic fans, I know some who are great guys but I don't partake in all this "banter" pish and I don't watch Rangers matches with them or any of that shite. I tolerate them in general and Im pal with a few of them but I  love my team and my culture more than i hate theirs, but i also believe it's better to trust and stick with your own.