Concentration levels need to improve

Gaz52

We've seen it in most games this season, we come out flying and play some really nice stuff, get a goal or two but then we drop off and allow the opposition to dictate the play. 

In the second half yesterday for about 15 minutes we were amateurish, no-one wanted to hang on to the ball, every pass seemed to be misplaced. And this of course allowed County to get back in to the game and make it nervy for us. If we look at the Hibs game, we looked like we could have buried them the first 10 minutes, but we started to drop off and concentration levels slipped, allowing them to get back into the game, the rest is history after that as the ref ruined the game.

I think if we can work on this then we will be a really good team that'll be hard to stop, we need to keep the tempo going for 90 minutes and not be so wasteful in good areas - Pena and Herrera passing the ball between each other and not shooting was bizarre, but this to me screams both are lacking confidence big time, hopefully Herrera's goal helps him push on, Pena could be doing with grabbing himself a goal as there are signs there he's got something about him, he makes good runs and looks tidy with the ball.

The likes of Miller and Kranjcar shouldn't be starting games, the sooner we can get two fitter players in there the better - IMO Kranjcar is to blame for their goal, we were on the attack and he lost the ball cheaply and our defence didn't have time to recover

I said before the game I'd take 3 points even if it was a last minute O.G by Ross County, so I'm delighted with the 3-1 win and first half performance, we just need to keep it going for longer periods and we'll kill teams off earlier.

The jury is of course still out on Pedro but we are all behind him, we look a lot better than this point last season and that's improvement so hopefully we keep moving forward :UK:

You make a solid point but I also think this will come with time and experience.

I think Pedro has to recognise that he has better options than Miller and Kranjcar. I personally hope Kranjcar will leave before the window closes, he has technical ability but he's a man down.

Can't argue with that m8 and imo 442 is the problem. 442 will work against shite but decent team's will have 3v2 in midfield and play through us. Dorrans is being asked to do to much covering and for example if we play 442 against tims we'll lose. Pedro needs a different system rather than one which allows for Kenny Miller. The much maligned 433 system would be my choice because it offers flexibility and doesn't leave you as vunerable as 442 does when we take a breather. 

The games against the sheep, and the taigs, will show if we've improved or not.

There are times during a game when I'm thinking that we're not that for off. Yet there are more times, during the same game, I'm thinking that we're no further forward from last season. At least we're not consistently bad all the time, a bit better finishing, and cooler heads defending, and we'd be in a better position.

Agreed, said as much in the match thread. Our game management is one of our top sticking points, we still have the Warburton 10 minute meltdown at least in every game. In the top division it has and will continue to cost us points until we start scoring more goals.

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Need quality fullbacks to play that system. 

We don't have any. 

Tavs defending for their goal was absolute school boy stuff. Had the defender infront of him running into the box and decided to leave him and peel off to defend a guy who wasnt a threat at that point.

19 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We still panic when the other team score.

whether that's a lack of leadership or confidence, we need to improve our game management.

Lack of leadership, although we have tidy midfielders like jack and dorrans there's still no one to take the game by the scruff of the neck, alves is probably the closest we have to a leader but we need a player that demands high standards from his team mates. 

A character like gough in the side and the hibs performance wouldn't have happened.    The question is where can we find such a player in this day and age?

On 28/08/2017 at 1:28 PM, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I'm not getting carried away, we got a jammy goal to go 2 up we were the better team but the second half performance was woefull, we can have moments of class, better teams will punish us though.

Disagree it was a jammy goal - of course their keeper made a mistake but firstly we placed him under pressure and secondly the anticipation and reaction of Morelos gave us that goal. We've seen similar goals in leagues around the world and yes, the keeper looks silly but in those occasions the media will praise the forward for reactions and anticipation - because it is a Rangers player nobody seems to be doing that. I'm delighted we have a forward showing that hunger and anticipation.