Benfica v Rangers In Canada..

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the game is officially confirmed I shall be booking a flight. Hamilton is only about 2 hours away for me and plenty of direct flights.

I take this fixture will be down to Pedro. Benfica will have quite a few away on International duty but a game like this is much better for us than another blank weekend.

Its for Eusebio Cup. It was schechuled t be in July in our stadium with Chapecoense but they couldnt come and just warned Benfica 1 week before the game date.

Ajax, Inter, São Paulo, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Tottenham, Torino, Monterrey are the team's that already participated in Eusebio Cup that started in 2008. All games were in Benfica stadium, except Monterrey it was in Mexico.

44 minutes ago, BenficaFan said:

Its for Eusebio Cup. It was schechuled t be in July in our stadium with Chapecoense but they couldnt come and just warned Benfica 1 week before the game date.

Ajax, Inter, São Paulo, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Tottenham, Torino, Monterrey are the team's that already participated in Eusebio Cup that started in 2008. All games were in Benfica stadium, except Monterrey it was in Mexico.

Why do you have an ex Lisbon player as your picture?

On 9/4/2017 at 2:55 PM, East Enclosure Row N said:

Return flight Fri to Wed £406 with Air Transat to Toronto

not worth the agony, fork out a bit extra and fly with a decent airline.  

OK just spoke to the lady at the Ti-Cat office, the game is definitely on and tickets go on sale next Wednesday at 11:00am 

39 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

not worth the agony, fork out a bit extra and fly with a decent airline.  

OK just spoke to the lady at the Ti-Cat office, the game is definitely on and tickets go on sale next Wednesday at 11:00am 

have used Air Transat from Glasgow for years and all without problems

A nice quote from the Tim Horton field press release..."Challenging S.L. Benfica is Scotland’s most decorated club, Rangers F.C. The Rangers have won more league titles and trebles than any other soccer club in the world, winning the league title 54 times, the Scottish Cup 33 times and the Scottish League Cup 27 times." Sounds like one hell of a team!

4 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

have used Air Transat from Glasgow for years and all without problems

Fair enough, not my cuppa tea and that was before two of their pilots were caught drunk 

BTW Thanksgiving in Canada is not like the US, fairly small but that 6 - 9th Oct is Thanksgiving weekend. 

I have family in Canada, have been over many times. If you have the chance to go to this game, then take it. You will enjoy yourself an you will be made most welcome. Many thousands of expat Scots, other Brits, and their families brought up in the Rangers tradition, coupled with the NARSA Bears from all over the Continent, it will be like a home game.