Saturday, the manager and the season ahead

RFC55

Just now, Gustav said:

IT IS  NOT EARLY. HE HAS BEEN HERE SINCE MARCH. WE ARE IN SEPTEMBER. YOU CANNOT JUST TAKE THE GAMES FROM THIS SEASON AND JUDGE HIM ON THAT ALONE.

FUCK SAKE!

I'll do a deal with you. We can agree to give him 15 games this season, and your three game sequence can be more significant, alongside other stats.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I'll do a deal with you. We can agree to give him 15 games this season, and your three game sequence can be more significant, alongside other stats.

If he is still here after 15 games we will be in serious bother.

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Played 6 games, lost 1, drawn 2, and won 3; and the season only started last month.  Can anyone say in any of those matches we were not the better side? Even in the game we lost, with 10 men, we were the better side.

Motherwell for a half, Hibs for twenty, we were rotten against Hearts, Ross County and Dundee yes, Partick, I missed the first 25/30 mins but again, we were shite.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Motherwell for a half, Hibs for twenty, we were rotten against Hearts, Ross County and Dundee yes, Partick, I missed the first 25/30 mins but again, we were shite.

Every one of those matches we could have and should have won. I agree it's not good enough, but the three game thing means nothing to me, only that within the start of this season our results have not been good enough. This three games sequence proves nothing in particular. I agree with your point though.

The last game was the worst of the lot, this season, because we were in the ascendancy, and should never be up a goal and then have a team like that taking a lead in a very short period of the match, when we are a goal up. That match was there to be won in the first half, and taken on its own merits was as bad as it gets for us. Hopefully behind the scenes the manager made it clear that as performances go, the one in that game was unacceptable.

I listen to Pedro's interviews several times and I still cannot fully understand some of thd things he says. I can only imagine what it's like in a changing room at half time when he wants to get a point across.

I think he was hired as he had knowledge and contacts to some different players.

I hate that we are even discussing Pedro's job but we are because he's making a bit of a mess of it and there are a lot of managers out there who in my opinion would do a better job .

I'm thinking half the managers In the scottish premiership..

Forgetting all personality and putting all bias aside.

I think the following are better managers than Pedro and it fills me with gloom to even admit it to myself.

Brenda. Derek macinnes, popcorn teeth. Craig Levein, Tommy Wright,

19 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Every one of those matches we could have and should have won. I agree it's not good enough, but the three game thing means nothing to me, only that within the start of this season our results have not been good enough. This three games sequence proves nothing in particular. I agree with your point though.

...but we didn't. Therein lies the problem.

If your aunty had baws....

If it doesnt go well and you have a look at the available managers its a half decent list some of them may not be out of our reach:

Paulo Sousa

Thomas Tuchel

Alan Pardew

Sam Allardyce

Walter Mazzarri

Aitor Karanka

Claude Puel

Bernd Schuster

Laurent Blanc

Frank De Boer

And then there are the usual suspects like McInnes, Tommy Wright and the Northern Ireland manager whos name escapes me this early in the morning. All would do a better job than the current manager i believe. 

41 minutes ago, wilkie1984 said:

If it doesnt go well and you have a look at the available managers its a half decent list some of them may not be out of our reach:

Paulo Sousa

Thomas Tuchel

Alan Pardew

Sam Allardyce

Walter Mazzarri

Aitor Karanka

Claude Puel

Bernd Schuster

Laurent Blanc

Frank De Boer

And then there are the usual suspects like McInnes, Tommy Wright and the Northern Ireland manager whos name escapes me this early in the morning. All would do a better job than the current manager i believe. 

The name escapes me for what i think you are.

Pedros not up to the job. They made a big mistake giving it to him last season. 

Maybe if he came in fresh at the start of the season, he'd have had a chance. But, under scrutiny, look through all the stupid comments about caravans and dogs, results have not been good enough. I dont think hes managed two straight victories at home yet.

46 minutes ago, wilkie1984 said:

Paulo Sousa

Thomas Tuchel

Alan Pardew

Sam Allardyce

Walter Mazzarri

Aitor Karanka

Claude Puel

Bernd Schuster

Laurent Blanc

Frank De Boer

IMG_2594.GIF

Just now, KWBear said:

Would it fuck 

theyll do nothing even if it was 10-0 this board wouldn't get shot of him 

they couldn't give a fuck 

Nah don't agree, if the crowds start to dwindle they won't have a choice but to act.

On 17/09/2017 at 17:18, Rfc52 said:

Saturday is now only game number 7 into the season and we have the real possibility of going 8 points behind. I know Tuesday's league cup game comes first but in the grand scheme of things our season (minus the Scottish cup) boils down to Saturday. 

So if its worst case scenario is Saturday the last straw? By worst case I basically mean any defeat. When you add in that Pedro hasn't won us 3 games in a row and we suffered one of our most humiliating European defeats ever then it isn't looking good for him.

Igenuinely think in the three games we haven't won we've been a bit unlucky. But we shouldn't be needing 3 goals to beat thistle and 4 to beat hibs. But the lulls during games are unforgivable. The taigs at this level can win 26 out of 27 etc so even beating them will still make it difficult to over throw them as we will need to be ultra consistent and deliver on a level we haven't done since SFL2.

So what's now a successful season for us? Do the board persevere with Pedro or do we go for manager number 3 and rebuild number 3 if we lose on Saturday? He was backed IMO with an amount that should've had the taigs and us pretty much neck and neck till at least the next window. I think his remit was to keep the gap if we weren't to win the league to single digits. We now sit 5 behind after 6 games and if things continue that way till the seasons end we are looking at a 25/30 point gap at seasons end. It really isn't good enough for a club like us.

If it does go wrong on Saturday then its basically an embarrassing "fight for second" and hoping for the Scottish cup.

We've improved, we can all see it but we can't seem to dominate for the majority of the game.

Don't really see how we pull a biggy out the bag on Saturday if I'm brutally honest and that hurts to say. I'll never ever fear the cunts but looking at the two sides I don't see us beating them. I hope to fuck I'm wrong but come monday next week we might be looking for a new manager 

dave king has to increase the clubs transfer budget drastically

trying to overcome the scum on a shoestring budget has been tried and tested and it does'nt fucking work

how many more  times does the chairman need to try this experiment before he realizes this

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He will be under serious pressure but I dont think he will be punted based on saturday tho. best way to put it get beat he is a dead man walking.

Anything other than a win I will be on here demanding he is gone and go and get mcinnes

I'm begging you, please start thinking before you post things.