• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You're right, it was hilarious. 

You seem awfy keen to defend St. Brendan of Bangkok.

I'm not, but when the counter arguments are so poor.. for example you've mentioned the red imps game, not mentioning that they turned the tie around and it was his first game in charge. Fact is that's their only 'shock' result, whereas Pedro makes it a regularity.

I think the reality is that our frustrations are heightened what Rodgers has done.

The tarriers took a risk and it has paid-off, big time. He's managed to attract players who probably wouldn't have entertained Scottish football before him - Sinclair & Dembele, for example - and compared to their forum under Deila, players like Armstrong & Rogic have excelled. As a result, they're 50-odd games unbeaten, domestically.

Meanwhile, we continue to struggle and those who left us - Waghorn, Garner, McKay & O'Halloran - are in-form and scoring goals.

Pedro's public treatment of O'Halloran, while I actually agree with him, was unprofessional beyond belief. That can only be detrimental to the rest of the squad.

Even McKay; banished to the under-20s and sold for peanuts. I don't agree with that.

1 minute ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I think the reality is that our frustrations are heightened what Rodgers has done.

The tarriers took a risk and it has paid-off, big time. He's managed to attract players who probably wouldn't have entertained Scottish football before him - Sinclair & Dembele, for example - and compared to their forum under Deila, players like Armstrong & Rogic have excelled. As a result, they're 50-odd games unbeaten, domestically.

Meanwhile, we continue to struggle and those who left us - Waghorn, Garner, McKay & O'Halloran - are in-form and scoring goals.

Pedro's public treatment of O'Halloran, while I actually agree with him, was unprofessional beyond belief. That can only be detrimental to the rest of the squad.

Even McKay; banished to the under-20s and sold for peanuts. I don't agree with that.

You spend most of your time bigging they clatty fenian cunts up on here, why would that be?

9 minutes ago, JellyBearss said:

I'm not, but when the counter arguments are so poor.. for example you've mentioned the red imps game, not mentioning that they turned the tie around and it was his first game in charge. Fact is that's their only 'shock' result, whereas Pedro makes it a regularity.

Get this paedo fuck to fuck admin 

4 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Yeah, I think this sums it up pretty well.

As the potential for 10 in a row edges closer, it's only natural people are going to get more frustrated/desperate. I remember we beat Partick 2-1 AET with two wonder strikes from Boyd and Mendes when Walter was in charge.

These things happen in isolation, the problem is you can gloss over them if the wider context is that the team is competing for/winning trophies. I'm not convinced, and we're yet to see if this team will be able to compete with Aberdeen - never mind celtic this season. The success of Rodgers only makes that more frustrating.

8 minutes ago, JellyBearss said:

What 'shock results' other than Progres have we had under Pedro? There's definitely been some poor ones...but shock? 

I haven't claimed any of their results were 'shocks' other than Lincoln Red Imps. 

What I have said is some of the results under Rodgers are undeniably the worst in celtic's history.

Record European defeat.

Record away defeat.

Record home defeat.

Did Lincoln being his first game make it any less of a humiliating result? I could make all manner of qualifications about some of Pedro's results but in truth they don't change that some of them have been horrendous. 

12 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

McKay was with the U20s for a few days before joining Forest. 

He wasn't part of the managers plans for the Progress game so wasn't involved with the first-team squads preparation for it. He was hardly banished. 

Neither Waghorn or Garner have scored in any of Ipswich's last four games. 

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What 'shock results' other than Progres have we had under Pedro? There's definitely been some poor ones...but shock? 

I haven't claimed any of their results were 'shocks' other than Lincoln Red Imps. 

What I have said is some of the results under Rodgers are undeniably the worst in celtic's history.

Record European defeat.

Record away defeat.

Record home defeat.

Did Lincoln being his first game make it any less of a humiliating result? I could make all manner of qualifications about some of Pedro's results but in truth they don't change that some of them have been horrendous. 

Aberdeen at home.

Drawing with Motherwell at home.

5-1 to celtic, getting beat wasn't a shock, the scoreline was.

Hibs at home.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

McKay was with the U20s for a few days before joining Forest. 

He wasn't part of the managers plans for the Progress game so wasn't involved with the first-team squads preparation for it. He was hardly banished. 

Neither Waghorn or Garner have scored in any of Ipswich's last four games. 

Thank God you're here to clarify the duration of McKay's stay in the under-20s. Without you, I've no idea how the discussion would have continued.

I think Pedro's call on McKay, while retaining Windass, emphasises his inability as Rangers manager.

I'm not really sure what you're aiming to achieve with the comment about Waghorn & Garner; I said "in-form and scoring", both of which they have been.

Aren't you that dick who writes pro-celtic articles for the Daily Record? :lol: 

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Thank God you're here to clarify the duration of McKay's stay in the under-20s. Without you, I've no idea how the discussion would have continued.

I think Pedro's call on McKay, while retaining Windass, emphasises his inability as Rangers manager.

I'm not really sure what you're aiming to achieve with the comment about Waghorn & Garner; I said "in-form and scoring", both of which they have been.

McKay Garner and Waghorn proved over time, they simply aren't cut out to be Rangers players. I have absolutely no problem with them gone. I'm surprised people are pining for any of them, to be honest. They will have (or had in the case of most) a slight bounce when they join another club, but i don't expect to see that continue as they weren't very good. I'm 100% supportive of Pedro getting shot of the lot. 

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Record European defeat.

Record away defeat.

Record home defeat.

I was quite shocked at getting done 5-1 at home by the tarriers tbh

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Aberdeen at home.

Drawing with Motherwell at home.

5-1 to celtic, getting beat wasn't a shock, the scoreline was.

Hibs at home.

None of those are a shock result. Shite but not a shock. 

Aberdeen was shite but far from a shock. Infact iirc, they were even ahead of us in the table at the time. (Or at worst within a point or two). We'd failed to beat them at Ibrox in 2 of the previous 5 games. 

Draw at home to Motherwell again wasn't a shock. We'd won the previous two home games against them by a single goal and lost 3-1 the time before that. A 1-1 is far from a shock result. 

Hibs game changed on a woeful refereeing decision. If Jack doesn't get a red (or if Stokes also goes) I don't think we'd have lost that game. Going a man down against them killed us.

Getting rid of your Manager is the easiest option, but not necessarily the best.

As is starting another thread calling for him to be sacked, even before the game is finished.

Whether we like it or not, Pedro is our Manager and is leading the team through a long rebuilding process at this time.

He deserves our support and backing for as long as he is in the position, as well as a little respect from us.

The press don't give him this courtesy, but we don't have to follow their example.

3 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

You claimed he was banished when it's bollocks. He wasn't part of the squad for the Progress game so didn't train with the squad.

Pedro's 'call' on McKay was partly forced by the player rejecting several new contract offers then asking to speak to Forest when they submitted a bid. Should we have just said no and kept him until the end of the season and lost him on a free? 

You said in-form and scoring. They aren't. Neither have scored in a month. By the same logic, Bruno Alves is in fine goal-scoring form for us.

Havent written an pro-celtic article for the Record I'm afraid. Unless claiming Lawwell resigned from the SPFL board to appease moonhowlers is 'pro-celtic' then you've got the wrong guy. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

None of those are a shock result. Shite but not a shock. 

Aberdeen was shite but far from a shock. Infact iirc, they were even ahead of us in the table at the time. (Or at worst within a point or two). We'd failed to beat them at Ibrox in 2 of the previous 5 games. 

Draw at home to Motherwell again wasn't a shock. We'd won the previous two home games against them by a single goal and lost 3-1 the time before that. A 1-1 is far from a shock result. 

Hibs game changed on a woeful refereeing decision. If Jack doesn't get a red (or if Stokes also goes) I don't think we'd have lost that game. Going a man down against them killed us.

They hadn't won at Ibrox for 26 years. 

We had beat them every game that season, and they got a draw,, and maybe deserved more.

Red card may have changed it but still a shock result, Pedro's insistence in playing Miller never helped either.