Pedro: Time to go?

Virtuoso

Pedro: Time to go?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro...

• Time to resign / be sacked?
    • Given more time?
    • It's down to the referring (and continue to make excuses for him and his signings)?

Just now, gogzy said:

Wasn't the progress game made up mostly of Warburton players?

He isn't the first manager to have us out of Europe before the schools go back, and I doubt he will be the last.

By disaster I mean out of all the cups, and mid table in the league by xmas.

Between this and "have these numbers been confirmed at all?", you're clutching at straws, big time.

I don't care who's players that side was made-up of (Pedro had worked with them for months, regardless) or the fact that we've previously exited European competition early; that was the single most humiliating European result in a Scottish, arguably British, club's history. That was the side who finished fourth in the league of Luxembourg.

Usually, a new manager brings an uplift to a squad. When he replaced Murty, he didn't. We went on to lose the Scottish Cup semi-final without a fight, lose our 20+ years record at home to Aberdeen and the tarriers pumped us 5-1 at Ibrox.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Ive used this...

If you believe that we spent £2.7 million on Pena - which I don't but I'll take it at face value that we did then accordingly to the website - and in fairness there's a lot of detail and it does look legit, then we spent £ 8.73 million. However, we brought in £2.75 million from transfers - giving us a net spend of £5.98 million. and that's with Matt Crooks and Rob Kiernan having questions marks next to any fee. Admittedly we probably got nominal fees if any for both.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glasgow-Rangers/transfers/verein/124

So I have heard a number of times over the last couple of days how we are spending big - £10 million was quoted on Sky yesterday by one of the panellists - in reality, its a net spend of closer to half that - over something like a dozen players. 

Where exactly are you going with this? In the grand scheme of things, what do you hope to achieve?

If you establish that Pena actually cost £1.5M and not the £2M/£3M suggested, do you believe that in any way, that'll be support for Pedro?

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

They haven't bought Roberts either, they have loaned him twice. You don't need to but a Patrick Robers...they haven't. 

Look at what Aberdeen spent in comparison to us, it's fucking shameful to be where we are.

the man is a dud ffs, surely ppl should see this, one win in 4 home games 5th in the spl with the most money spent, out of euro by a team who has never win a game in the competition. talks fucking pish, i cant even watch his interviews, its the only thing i will agree with chris sutton, he should get fucking sacked.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

They haven't bought Roberts either, they have loaned him twice. You don't need to but a Patrick Robers...they haven't. 

Look at what Aberdeen spent in comparison to us, it's fucking shameful to be where we are.

It wouldn't buy you demble, rogic or Tierney either, the point stands that the scum have a stronger squad than ours and we need a big investment to close the gap.

aberdeen shouldn't be the benchmark on what we judge ourself, they are pish and a pish Motherwell team turned them over.

maybe I'm too optimistic for my own good.

12 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

The rot set in when we appointed mcoist and he was in training playing red arse.

I honestly believe our team now is stronger than it was this time last year and we have something to build on. If Pedro can get us to a comfortable 2nd and close the gap on the tattie howkers I'll be happy.

I have still not voted, mainly because it will make no difference and I am torn about what is best, but I am very concerned now about Pedro being able to turn this around, he must be in the very last chance saloon.  

You mention about getting a comfortable second, well we are going to have to go on some run seeing the table today:

LADBROKES PREMIERSHIP TABLE

POS TEAM          PLD  GD  PTS

1  celtic                     7   15   19

2  Aberdeen             7   6     17

3  St Johnstone      7   5    14

4  Hibernian             7   2    12

5  Rangers               7   3    11

6  Motherwell         7   0   10

Updated 24/09/2017 at 14:12

Some of the arguments from both sides of the Pedro debate are relevant, but it is not easy to know what is the right thing to do.

For Pedro to survive IMO, he will have to start winning games, starting on Friday night. We then have St Johnstone away followed by the LC semi final. That three games will probably decide whether he can get through to the end of the year.

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Where exactly are you going with this? In the grand scheme of things, what do you hope to achieve?

If you establish that Pena actually cost £1.5M and not the £2M/£3M suggested, do you believe that in any way, that'll be support for Pedro?

those figures were rebutting a specific point re the fantasy spend that's been going about i.e "Pedro spent £10 million". He didnt.

On to Pedro. Ive spent the last day and half on here saying how i think he should be given time and actually think he is a decent manager.What I'm not going to do is do it all again with you, when you come on all frothing at the mouth ok?

6 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Between this and "have these numbers been confirmed at all?", you're clutching at straws, big time.

I don't care who's players that side was made-up of (Pedro had worked with them for months, regardless) or the fact that we've previously exited European competition early; that was the single most humiliating European result in a Scottish, arguably British, club's history. That was the side who finished fourth in the league of Luxembourg.

Usually, a new manager brings an uplift to a squad. When he replaced Murty, he didn't. We went on to lose the Scottish Cup semi-final without a fight, lose our 20+ years record at home to Aberdeen and the tarriers pumped us 5-1 at Ibrox.

Wouldn't the lower-ranked-than-Progres Lincoln Red Imps beating the much-higher-ranked-than-Rangers (and much more expensively assembled) celtic count?

2 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

It wouldn't buy you demble, rogic or Tierney either, the point stands that the scum have a stronger squad than ours and we need a big investment to close the gap.

aberdeen shouldn't be the benchmark on what we judge ourself, they are pish and a pish Motherwell team turned them over.

maybe I'm too optimistic for my own good.

the facts are that Aberdeen are better than us and have proven this. ATM celtic are the last of our worries ffs. 

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

the facts are that Aberdeen are better than us and have proven this. ATM celtic are the last of our worries ffs. 

celtic are the only team in the league that are comfortably above us.

Aberdeen are pish. If Pedro doesn't have us in 2nd by Christmas he should walk.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wouldn't the lower-ranked-than-Progres Lincoln Red Imps beating the much-higher-ranked-than-Rangers (and much more expensively assembled) celtic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the tarriers leather Red Imps in the return leg and qualify for the next round?

12 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

So where are they?

You're grasping at fucking straws and don't you fucking know it?

Can I be a sheep shagger too. They're so fucking good.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

I dont think that at all. I'll judge that when I see us up against them.

well they've proved they are better than us, they finished 2nd last year and are hanging onto celtics coat tails.  why cant people be honest with themselves ? we are rank under pedro. what is people waiting on? its his team ffs. another 2-3 windows? 

i wouldnt give him another penny.  His signings aint been great when he got money, apart from Morelos, and wasnt it johannson brought him? 

My mind is made up, the guy is a dud and is proving this to us. 

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

well they've proved they are better than us, they finished 2nd last year and are hanging onto celtics coat tails.  why cant people be honest with themselves ? we are rank under pedro. what is people waiting on? its his team ffs. another 2-3 windows? 

i wouldnt give him another penny.  His signings aint been great when he got money, apart from Morelos, and wasnt it johannson brought him? 

He's proved that we are where we should be at this juncture.

BTW, we are rank under every manager in the last five years, but don't let facts stand in the way of your agenda.

Score line wise we didn't get horses so he won't go and won't be sacked....yet.

The next 5 games are a chance to get and cement 2nd place but only if we do what we must do i.e.15 points:

Hamilton (A)

St Johnstone (A)

Aberdeen (H)

Kilmarnock (H)

Hearts (A)

For me if we come out of that with 15 points then it buys him more time until the next scum game. If we aren't second after this,run of fixtures he has to go.

5 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

oh ffs mate - im talking about this year not a different team what was MW's from last year. I mean come one.

If your mind is made up your mind is made up. I'm not trying in the slightest to change it.

29 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He should be given the season, barring an absolute disaster.

He has brought in players who IMO are better than what we had, for the most part.  Those players have played about 10 games together, and it shows.  If we are still dropping points all over the place in a few months then yeah, we have to look at pedro again.

The team need time to settle, which I totally understand is in short supply at a club like ours.  however if we don't give them time, then I don't see how we stop the rot of a revolving door of managers and players. That isn't something that's going to win us titles.

Pedro might not be the man to take us forward, but i don't believe he should be sacked just yet.

26 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Progrès was an absolute disaster.

Was gonna say, what constitutes an absolute disaster? Pumped out of Europe by part-timers at the first hurdle, league gone in September, what more could happen between now and the end of the season. It's been nothing but disasters since he arrived.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He's proved that we are where we should be at this juncture.

BTW, we are rank under every manager in the last five years, but don't let facts stand in the way of your agenda.

well were just delaying the inevitable , the dud will be gone after most are proved right on here. couldnt manage a fish supper. and yes Robertson is a clown to for hiring this guy. 

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

The next 5 games are a chance to get and cement 2nd place but only if we do what we must do i.e.15 points:

Hamilton (A)

St Johnstone (A)

Aberdeen (H)

Kilmarnock (H)

Hearts (A)

For me if we come out of that with 15 points then it buys him more time until the next scum game. If we aren't second after this,run of fixtures he has to go.

If you think we are taking 15 points from those games your drunk. Hearts and St Johnstone away and sheep at home? Not a chance. In fact would not surprise me if we slip up at Accies. If folk are content with third or fourth place then stick with pedro. Otherwise get him to fuck now and admit it was a mistake appointing him. We are only prolonging the indvitable with this "give him the next five games" pish.

8 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Hamilton (A)

St Johnstone (A)

Aberdeen (H)

Kilmarnock (H)

Hearts (A)

Maybe get 2-3 wins from they games.