Pedro: Time to go?

Virtuoso

Pedro: Time to go?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro...

• Time to resign / be sacked?
    • Given more time?
    • It's down to the referring (and continue to make excuses for him and his signings)?

7 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

The rot set in when we appointed mcoist and he was in training playing red arse.

I honestly believe our team now is stronger than it was this time last year and we have something to build on. If Pedro can get us to a comfortable 2nd and close the gap on the tattie howkers I'll be happy.

ive seen enough to say this will not happen. the man is a dud. we're just delaying the inevitable. He stays this year we will not get second. 

19 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

I agree with that but I'm still of the opinion there is a bit of a bedding in process happening.

If there is no daylight between us and the sheep shagger come Christmas there will be no excuses.

There will certainly be daylight between us and Aberdeen, of that I'm sure. They'll comfortably be in 2nd place and we'll be lucky to be third.

3 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Pedro couldn't even get us past Progrès, Luxembourg's fourth best side, over two legs or Patrick Thistle over two spells of 90 minutes, one of which they were down to ten men.

Blind hope, that's what you and the 56% who voted to give him time have.

Time will tell but I'm not going to cut my nose off to spite my face.

I dont think he is going to do a worse job than Derek Mckinnes who couldn't beat the worst celtic team that I've ever seen to the title or that Cunt fae st Johnstone.

15 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Have the board not backed the manager to finish comfortably second though? We all want to finish first but I think the last two managers have been backed more than enough to finish second, from which we can then look to progress into first. Unfortunately that's three straight summer windows where we've had to completely rebuild the squad whereas we should've been in a position where one rebuild was necessary and the other windows could be used to supplement the first XI and squad with quality acquisitions. I suppose it then comes down to the board in that they've hired the managers who've then bought poorly. But if you look at a couple of the fees they spent in the summer on individual players even though a double digit total was required, it suggests there would be money available to buy 2-3 players each window that would be capable of winning the league. We have a decent spine at the moment (GK, McCrorie, Alves, Jack, Dorrans, Morelos) so January and the summer should be used to buy quality that enhances the first XI. I also think the likes of Mclean and Walker would be good value for money as squad additions if we can get them on a free. Certainly upgrades on Holt and Dalcio for building a title winning squad. 

To make it happen as quickly as possible, we need to get the next batch of signings right and I imagine that will be the DoF's responsibility. 

Under most circumstances there is not even a comfortable first, but the scum are so far ahead financially and player wise we have an impossible task.

The level of investment as we can all see see from this season and last, we are fighting it out with the rest. We just pay a premium for the privilage of doing so because of who we are, or more accurately, were. Hence the 8 mil, which even falls short of ST takings.

I'm pretty sure we will still finish second, so I can't get with all this hysteria other than the small minded perpetuating their agendas. We need stability, but with this board and our support it's impossible and in that we have much in common in having a destabilising effect.

We need another manager like we need a boil on our erse, but the problem is, the boil is already there and it isn't Pedro. I'm not convinced by Pedro by any stretch, but the prospect of what else can attract gives me the fear, far less the further disruption we would experience, setting us back even further.

This is just another debate where we all go around in circles and become polarised. Pointless, with little or no objectivity and no thought as to the consequential damage.

As a support, we are becoming as expert as King in selling pups.

5 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Time will tell but I'm not going to cut my nose off to spite my face.

I dont think he is going to do a worse job than Derek Mckinnes who couldn't beat the worst celtic team that I've ever seen to the title or that Cunt fae st Johnstone.

Time will tell? Time has told, for fuck's sake.

Progrès, the 20+ year record at Ibrox against Aberdeen, the Scottish Cup semi-final against the tarriers, the 5-1 humiliation at Ibrox against the tarriers, Lennon's Hibs at Ibrox, Jon fucking Daly's Hearts at Ibrox, those two fixtures against bottom-of-the-table Partick, £2M/£3M for Carlos Pena, £1.5M for Herrera, etc., etc.

Holding Aberdeen's failure to beat celtic to the league title against Derek McInnes suggests that you're a bit mental.

42 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Absolute pish patter.

aye the board invested to the tune of 10 million but that wouldn't even buy you Patrick Roberts.

If you continuously blame the conveyor belt of managers that we are going to go through instead of the board you are on glue.

the board invested circa £5.9 million.

6 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Progrès, the 20+ year record at Ibrox against Aberdeen, the Scottish Cup semi-final against the tarriers, the 5-1 humiliation at Ibrox against the tarriers, Lennon's Hibs at Ibrox, Jon fucking Daly's Hearts at Ibrox, those two fixtures against bottom-of-the-table Partick, £2M/£3M for Carlos Pena, £1.5M for Herrera, etc., etc.

Holding Aberdeen's failure to beat celtic to the league title against Derek McInnes suggests that you're a bit mental.

Aye the start of his career at Rangers reads like a riot act but should we sack him the now and get Mckinnes or some other no mark in and then sack him in 6 months time when he is no closer to the taigs than we are right now?

The only thing that's going to close the gap is investment and we are not going to get that if we chop and change manager every 6 months.

14 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Aye the start of his career at Rangers reads like a riot act but should we sack him the now and get Mckinnes or some other no mark in and then sack him in 6 months time when he is no closer to the taigs than we are right now?

The only thing that's going to close the gap is investment and we are not going to get that if we chop and change manager every 6 months.

pedro has got the most money to spend this year and it Mcinnes who is doing the job of hanging onto celtics coat tails, we're 5th. lol I wouldnt let pedro spend fuck all else. 

6 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

pedro has got the most money to spend this year and it McKinnes who is doing the job of hanging onto celtics coat tails, we're 5th. lol I wouldnt let pedro spend fuck all else. 

Like I said if we are behind the sheep shaggers at Christmas I'll be wanting him sacked anaw.

He should be given the season, barring an absolute disaster.

He has brought in players who IMO are better than what we had, for the most part.  Those players have played about 10 games together, and it shows.  If we are still dropping points all over the place in a few months then yeah, we have to look at pedro again.

The team need time to settle, which I totally understand is in short supply at a club like ours.  however if we don't give them time, then I don't see how we stop the rot of a revolving door of managers and players. That isn't something that's going to win us titles.

Pedro might not be the man to take us forward, but i don't believe he should be sacked just yet.

3 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

£2M/£3M for Pena, £1.5M for Herrera, £1M for Morelos, £1.5M for Dorrans, £700K for Candeias & £1.5M for Cardoso, plus the salaries, in particular that of Dorrans & Alves.

That is investment. In Scottish football, that is getting the backing of the board in the transfer market.

I don't think we'll ever appoint a manager as bad as Pedro again in my lifetime, so McInnes would be an improvement for me.

Not only are our results abysmal under him, often embarrassing, but his transfer activity has proven to be just as woeful.

Add to that, he's a laughing stock in the media. "O'Halloran? Not my type of player", he said of a Rangers employee who was en route to the Player of the Month award with four goals in as many games.

Then, there were the accusations that the tarriers would target Morelos and before half-time, trying to pull-up Brown. What on earth does he hope to achieve with this nonsense? It's painful to watch.

Just a matter of time before Pedro leaves. Simply not good enough. Too many mistakes and has not made the best of his squad and Pena/Herrera are unforgivable errors in judgement.

What about trying to recruit Nigel Clough from Burton ? Has done a solid job in trying circumstances with little budget.

We also have to move on Hodson, Windass, Miller, Kranjcar, Rossiter, Holt, Halliday, MoH, Forrister - thats almost an entire outfield team that are still on our books and are simply not contributing to the club in the way we need them to. Then we need to replace them with 3-4 players of quality and build on what we have already - not keep dismantling the whole edifice every 9 months.

2 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

£2M/£3M for Pena, £1.5M for Herrera, £1M for Morelos, £1.5M for Dorrans, £700K for Candeias & £1.5M for Cardoso, plus the salaries, in particular that of Dorrans & Alves.

are any of these numbers confirmed at all?

1 minute ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Progrès was an absolute disaster.

Wasn't the progress game made up mostly of Warburton players?

He isn't the first manager to have us out of Europe before the schools go back, and I doubt he will be the last.

By disaster I mean out of all the cups, and mid table in the league by xmas.

2 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

That is investment. In Scottish football, that is getting the backing of the board in the transfer market.

I don't think we'll ever appoint a manager as bad as Pedro again in my lifetime, so McInnes would be an improvement for me.

Not only are our results abysmal under him, often embarrassing, but his transfer activity has proven to be just as woeful.

Add to that, he's a laughing stock in the media. "O'Halloran? Not my type of player", he said of a Rangers employee who was en route to the Player of the Month award with four goals in as many games.

Then, there were the accusations that the tarriers would target Morelos and before half-time, trying to pull-up Brown. What on earth does he hope to achieve with this nonsense? It's painful to watch.

When you write it like that it looks bad but like I said, add all those transfer fees together and it wouldn't buy you Patrick Roberts, that's 1 player not the full 11 that Pedro had to try and magic out his arse after the embarrassment that was the bread man.

o'hallran is a no mark playing for a no mark team that couldn't cut the mustard when the pressure was on and he didn't have half a park of space to run into.

I think if we stick with Pedro we will turn the corner eventually.

Just now, Bigdave30 said:

When you write it like that it looks bad but like I said, add all those transfer fees together and it wouldn't buy you Patrick Roberts, that's 1 player not the full 11 that Pedro had to try and magic out his arse after the embarrassment that was the bread man.

o'hallran is a no mark playing for a no mark team that couldn't cut the mustard when the pressure was on and he didn't have half a park of space to run into.

I think if we stick with Pedro we will turn the corner eventually.

They haven't bought Roberts either, they have loaned him twice. You don't need to but a Patrick Robers...they haven't. 

Look at what Aberdeen spent in comparison to us, it's fucking shameful to be where we are.

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Not a good enough citation sir.

Ive used this...

If you believe that we spent £2.7 million on Pena - which I don't but I'll take it at face value that we did then accordingly to the website - and in fairness there's a lot of detail and it does look legit, then we spent £ 8.73 million. However, we brought in £2.75 million from transfers - giving us a net spend of £5.98 million. and that's with Matt Crooks and Rob Kiernan having questions marks next to any fee. Admittedly we probably got nominal fees if any for both.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glasgow-rangers/transfers/verein/124

So I have heard a number of times over the last couple of days how we are spending big - £10 million was quoted on Sky yesterday by one of the panellists - in reality, its a net spend of closer to half that - over something like a dozen players.