Foderingham

ElBufalo20

On 24/09/2017 at 10:01, ScotBear said:

I think a keeper is a very tricky position to fill, possibly the toughest. You can have a keeper playing out his skin for one club, moves to another.....and his form collapses in a way you don't see to the same extent with outfield players.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bob1873 said:

I thought he should have done better at the second. His distribution was brutal I'd play Alnwick for a few games. Like big Wes but he's no where near the level we need (Goram, McGregor, Klos).

Two of those keepers were imo world class, the other only exceptional.

We might need that level but it's not realistic to expect us to find one that would come to Scotland now, nor us to be able to pay market wages (those players were on EPL level wages).

Realism is needed.

9 hours ago, harlands plater said:

And the question has to be asked, why should a Rangers goalkeeper have to play at Ibrox with 7500 opposition fans behind him anyway? 

Spend a bit of money to revamp the segregation in the away end so there are less of them, and in a less prominent location. It's pissed me off for years how those fuckers get that whole Stand to themselves. No other major club is so spineless when it comes to putting away supporters somewhere out of the way. so their team doesn't get the lift of shooting towards a whole end of their own fans.

I would line the board up . And shoot them point blank on this issue alone

Those scummy bastards that run us , don't have to see their faces when they are winning

They keep the ball routine is now coordinated and do you think anyone at our club gives a fuck ?

Do you think , tying scarfs around goalposts bothers King back in South Africa ?

Do we actually think that mutant Murray gives a fuck about anything else bar himself

We are treated disgracefully by the fuckpigs both home and away . Differently for both fixtures but no parity with the scum

It is all so weak and pathetic

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We might need that level but it's not realistic to expect us to find one that would come to Scotland now, nor us to be able to pay market wages (those players were on EPL level wages).

Realism is needed.

McGregor fucked up many a time and plenty against them, none of the two were anywhere near Goram. An average defender looked superb knowing he was behind him.

9 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Looked to me like the fannies behind the goal got to him. If he can let those arseholes mess with his head he's not the quality required to be a Rangers goalkeeper.

Exactly mate and we allow them a whole fucking stand to influence things.Fucking disgusting they get this advantage.Should be sorted right out but let's not upset the bastards or their board eh.Really think he needs to be rested.He made some decent saves but nothing I don't think Jak wouldn't have saved plus he is far more dominant in the area.He deserves a run as some of the errors Fod makes  just shouldn't be happening.

10 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Been a massive fan of his and always defended criticism he got on here.

However time for a change in goals I think. I know people will say he's the least of our problems but he certainly caused them today.

He should've saved their second goal and his distribution was appalling.

Mustve been about 5/6 goal kicks he put straight out of play which isn't good enough and immediately put pressure on us.

He has been good for us but now is the time for Alnwick to get his chance

He made a couple of bad kick outs, to say he should have saved the second? It was a perfect weighted pass and Griffiths smashed it low, I would hardly blame the keeper for that, what about his finger tip save in the first half early on?   

Yes give the other keeper a run out and see what he can do but you can't blame him for any the goals 

1 minute ago, VladimirWeiss said:

Only in the last few weeks has he upped that part of his game. It was well under par for a long time prior to that. 

Yeah it hasn't always been good, although that also was partly due to him previously being told he should always play it short.at least Pedro has stopped that farce.

Some of his distribution recently has been excellent though. Yesterday was probably the worst it's been

5 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He's not the least of our problems. He's a very big part of our problems.

Agreed . Get the spine of the team right as they say .

We have a gaping hole that is glaringly obvious now .

Just can't believe some think he is that answer in our goals .

Goram , Woods and McGregor were 100 times better in every department .

Shot stopping on occasions is good but surely that is what we would expect from any keeper .

Cross balls , kicking , composure , bravery are all missing from this guy I'm afraid

10 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Why not bring the big man in to help with goalkeeping coaching. He's not that busy just now I don't think.

I would love to see Goram back . No matter what he has done to some bears in the past .

We need guys that have the right footballing mentality . He could maybe instil that in our goalkeepers .

Although , quite how you make a shite goalkeeper like Fod a good one , might take some doing

Maybe being a wee bit harsh on him , but he seemed to bottle it in the 2nd half . Not sure if I'd blame him for the 2nd goal  but his distribution was awful and continually put us under pressure . I've stood by him , but after yesterday , combined with Alnwick's good performance on Tuesday , I'd be tempted to drop him from now and see how Alnwick does . 

It's taken a while for some on this forum to work out this guy is no better than average, which means he is not good enough. We have had a conveyor belt of top class keepers over the years and that is required for success. He is a decent shot stopper but is a clown distributing the ball...too indecisive, slow and puts us in trouble far too often. Always feels like an accident waiting to happen. Yesterday proved he will never be a top keeper. You need to mentally block out what is happening around you and focus on the game. He let the scum, fans and players, get to him. Not for me.

7 hours ago, pcbear said:

Someone else on here blamed McCrorie for both goals.

He told Cardoso to mark Griffiths for the 2nd goal so he could press Roberts, Griffiths then went through on goal unopposed and scored and McCrorie turned to Cardoso and looked as if he was asking him what the fuck happened.

Cardoso is a donkey but the lack of our authority in our defence is stemming from the keeper, some of his touches and kick outs are absolutely embarrassing even the ones that hit the target are putting our players under pressure in our own half. Wes is a good shot stopper but it's time to give Alnwick a chance to see if he can inspire some confidence into our defence.

5 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Realism is needed.

I absolutely get that and I don't disagree BUT if we are to challenge for the SPFL we need better and it's those that run the club who have to deliver it is that simple. Scum FC have done it.