News on Alves

RFCRobertson

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

McRorie will be dropped if Alves is fit. He is 19 and a fantastic replacement and introduces competition for places, and I have no doubt he will get plenty of game time this season to bed him in.

you think he should be dropped because he's 19 ? He looks good enough, mature and ready.

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Saturday's result was a sore one to say the least, but taking it out on our flagship signing is illogical. Alves wasn't even playing. Defenition of picking a scapegoat!!! Also Ross had a chance to clear the ball for their first goal and panicked.

Alves will be on a big salary and getting him fit ASAP makes total sense. The sooner he is back and bringing some composure back to our erratic defence the better.

Alves not being there didn't result in our defeat but we bought him for his experience on and off the field. He could've been there to help others Imo.

Disagree with the 1st goal being mcCrories fault as Cardoso had a fresh air swing resulting in the ball going through his legs! I do think he could've been more aware at the 2nd goal even if wes should've done better.

14 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

A calf strain occurs as a result of these muscles being torn or pulled. When a muscle is stretched, small micro tears occur in the muscle fibres. ... There are three different degrees of calf strain: grade 1 is a mild strain, grade 2 moderate to severe pain and agrade 3 strain is a complete rupture.

So, basically the big chap has ripped his tights and fucked off to the sunshine! Our players need to man up!

18 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Alves can fuck off. I would play young Ross. Alves should have been in Glasgow helping his team rather than with Ronaldos medics in Madrid. What is the big rush now? We needed him, he got injured and then he fucked off to Spain. We don't need him against Hamilton, could have gone to Spain today for a fortnight. He is a grade one tosser. Lost any respect at this.

Alves has been a let down so far but your comments are ridiculous. Guy gets injured and goes to the best place to get a QUICK fix , where's the problem ? pretty sure Ronaldo doesn't deal with quacks. If we'd managed a miracle on the old firm game it wouldn't have been because Alves was around to pat people on the back.

2 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Alves has been a let down so far but your comments are ridiculous. Guy gets injured and goes to the best place to get a QUICK fix , where's the problem ? pretty sure Ronaldo doesn't deal with quacks. If we'd managed a miracle on the old firm game it wouldn't have been because Alves was around to pat people on the back.

It's only a quick fix so he can be available for Portugal not for us. The problem is that Alves has played in some of the biggest derbies in the world, his experience would've been vital on and off for the biggest. 

However I applaud young mcCrorie for his performance and the way he kept Griffiths quiet for the majority of the game.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

no i think he will be dropped because with 1.5 games under his belt he is not going to replace an establish Portugues international. 

I'm not suggesting dropping Alves Cush but the boy showed enough to keep his place. Maybe we do need to look at a 3-5-2

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not suggesting dropping Alves Cush but the boy showed enough to keep his place. Maybe we do need to look at a 3-5-2

I think its an option we now definitely have. It pushes Tav and wallace a little more forward where they appear more comfortable, without leaving us exposed. i think I said in another topic its something we should be looking at closely given our squad make up :tu:

maybe even gives us the option of dropping tav and Wallace altogether....Candies and John providing the wider elements of the midfield 5.

36 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Alves can fuck off. I would play young Ross. Alves should have been in Glasgow helping his team rather than with Ronaldos medics in Madrid. What is the big rush now? We needed him, he got injured and then he fucked off to Spain. We don't need him against Hamilton, could have gone to Spain today for a fortnight. He is a grade one tosser. Lost any respect at this.

:lol:

17 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

This is boyds article

There’s no other way to describe this situation, which, quite frankly, sums up everything that seems to happen at my old club these days.

Alves may not be able to play at Ibrox, but he could still be doing a vital job as part of the squad.

Whoever sanctioned his trip to Spain should hang their heads in shame.

It’s an absolute disgrace.

Let me tell you here and now, the Portugal international doesn’t need to be anywhere other than Murray Park for treatment to his injury.

I’ve worked with the Rangers medical staff and they’re the best in the business.

No, Alves should be in Glasgow, not in Spain.

I know how it works. Players with injuries tend to get time off to get treatment. But he could have flown out to Spain on Wednesday morning and been back by now.

Whether he was able to play or not, he could still have played a major part in this afternoon’s clash with celtic.

He could be sitting alongside young Ross McCrorie before kick-off and giving him help, advice and encouragement the kid may desperately need.

At half-time he could be in the dressing room giving him pointers.

I just find it staggering that Alves has been allowed to leave Glasgow the day before such an important match.

I’ll be honest, I don’t think it’s a major loss to Rangers that he’s not facing celtic. For me, the young lad McCrorie can handle this game.

Boydy used to get a long weekend in Tarbolton when he was injured, so you can see why he's a wee bit jealous of Bruno getting to go and see Ronaldos team in Madrid.

Some amount of utter spastics the day after an old firm defeat. 

Proven fact that recovery is aided with sunshine. Why are people turning on Alves for picking up an injury and going to some of the best docs in the world to recover as quickly and effectively as possible? 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

McCrorie over Alves, come on Alves has not been great but a young boy who let the ball through his legs for one goal and let Griffiths run off him for the second and has a lot to learn to play at this level is surely a joke.

And theres why we never play youngsters or manage to attract the best ones. They don't get a chance from managers or the support.

Boyd was also 100% correct..........

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Proven fact that recovery is aided with sunshine. Why are people turning on Alves for picking up an injury and going to some of the best docs in the world to recover as quickly and effectively as possible? 

12 minutes on bed ten down that Tanz every four days. £8.50, never mind a fucking flight to Madrid, no doubt business class.

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He could buy a fucking Sun Lamp.

This post is not too serious.:mutley:

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Its a grade one which means less than 20% of the muscle is affected. Intensive PRICE and physio can mean a quick return 

That's good news. Don't know about grading but I tore mine running when I was younger and was off the roads for 4 month.

He doesn't deserve to come straight back into the team. He's been very average and McCrorie doesn't look out of place at the back. 

We need to back what good young players we have and allow them to make a name for themselves. Tarriers have done it with Tierney Forrest and McGregor and they've become reliable players for them. 

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

McCrorie over Alves, come on Alves has not been great but a young boy who let the ball through his legs for one goal and let Griffiths run off him for the second and has a lot to learn to play at this level is surely a joke.

How did he let the ball go through his legs?? Maybe the halfwit a yard in front of him should've cleared it rather than take a fresh air swipe!! 

I agree with the 2nd but there's no way he can be blamed for Cardosos fuck up.

1 minute ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

How did he let the ball go through his legs?? Maybe the halfwit a yard in front of him should've cleared it rather than take a fresh air swipe!! 

I agree with the 2nd but there's no way he can be blamed for Cardosos fuck up.

I agree with you twice, I cant believe how many people have missed the Cardoso fuck up.