Is there a change in the Old Firm games?

Thermopylae

9 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

It seems to mean more to the bheasts. That's the huge difference for me.

In the past, abilities within squads may have differed to various degrees, but that hatred, drive, overwhelming will to win (or not get beat) was often a leveller. For either lesser side.

We've lost that. Until we get that as a minimum, if not better players, its unlikely to change much.

Here's hoping the sight of them celebrating at ibrox is enough to give some of the newer players to our squad a kick up the arse. 

That beggar team who beat us was pretty much the same team we beat in the semi a couple of years back.

Since then we have supposedly improved our team by getting rid of dross and signing better players.

The clue is in the dug out.

Money can play a massive factor but at the end of the day it's 11 men vs 11 men, if we don't have fight and character in the team then forget it, we lack both.

Means the same to me....

I have been on a downer since the final whistle, angry at the complete lack of grit shown by us. 

Two guys in the middle of the park that are meant to be fans, didnt evem put in a decent tackle. These games are Wars bit we haven't turned up for years 

Everyone hates us and it seems we dont care.

At this moment it's a confidence thing .. after the doins we took last season were too scared to push forward and close down.until 1 down .

After their goal we dominated for 10 to 15 minutes . That's how we should start games . Put them on the back foot from the first whistle.  Anyone who has done anything against them past year has pushed them to the point it's taken a late winner or route one finish.  In Europe Astana put 4 past them doing that until they went gung ho needing more goals.

They're an average team with 3 or 4 good players . But they're beaming in.arrogance and confidence as we used to be under Wattie and Eck

55 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

That beggar team who beat us was pretty much the same team we beat in the semi a couple of years back.

Since then we have supposedly improved our team by getting rid of dross and signing better players.

The clue is in the dug out.

Money can play a massive factor but at the end of the day it's 11 men vs 11 men, if we don't have fight and character in the team then forget it, we lack both.

We fluked the semi-final, to be fair.

Just now, Creampuff said:

We fluked the semi-final, to be fair.

We rode our luck for sure, the Roberts miss and Griffiths free kick touched onto the bar, but we still got there.

This current shite we are witnessing has us miles away from ever getting a result.

Pedro said he had a plan to beat them and he has failed.

Pedro said he would sign warriors and he has failed at that too.

I wanted him to be succesful so much bit it's becoming apparent that he is totally out of his depth here.

7 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

If you think that Sinclair is slightly better than Windass and Dembele slightly better than Miller then I don't know what to say.

Their team is slightly better, they play slightly better.

If you don’t know what to say then don’t say anything  

13 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think it was the last OF of 02/03, through the whole of 03/04 and we didnt win until either the second OF of 04/05 or the LC QF. I'm not sure which one came first.

6 or 7 games lost on the trot.

That run did seem to go on forever at the time but in fairness the majority of those six or seven games could have gone either way . Think there was one game where they pumped us 3-0 at parkhead which could easily have been 6 or 7 . The rest were 1-0 or 2-1s with a few late goals from them to win a couple . Also you knew that run was bound to end . Not so sure when to expect we can expect to see this one to end 

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

We rode our luck for sure, the Roberts miss and Griffiths free kick touched onto the bar, but we still got there.

This current shite we are witnessing has us miles away from ever getting a result.

Pedro said he had a plan to beat them and he has failed.

Pedro said he would sign warriors and he has failed at that too.

I wanted him to be succesful so much bit it's becoming apparent that he is totally out of his depth here.

Pedro hasn't shown anything to say he has it, no previous good record at another club and a terrible record at Rangers. 

We did OK in the first half and then we switched off for the first goal and then we had the Morelos header but apart from that we have never laid a glove on them. 

11 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The change is that they're no longer competitive games.

We have players who are so much in awe of them that avoiding a pumping from them us considered a bonus now and getting a point against them is greeted with wild celebrations.

I honestly think some of our players believe the hype around the tarriers, That mindset needs to be changed by the manager, Pedro has not given us anything to hold onto to say no it will come good. 

We played the SC Semi final which we won against them with confidence and we looked like we would get a result and we did, I haven't seen that kind of desire from any of Pedro's team against them. 

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

That run did seem to go on forever at the time but in fairness the majority of those six or seven games could have gone either way . Think there was one game where they pumped us 3-0 at parkhead which could easily have been 6 or 7 . The rest were 1-0 or 2-1s with a few late goals from them to win a couple . Also you knew that run was bound to end . Not so sure when to expect we can expect to see this one to end 

Whenever we have a better management team and players than we do now, that's when it'll end.

4 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

I honestly think some of our players believe the hype around the tarriers, That mindset needs to be changed by the manager, Pedro has not given us anything to hold onto to say no it will come good. 

We played the SC Semi final which we won against them with confidence and we looked like we would get a result and we did, I haven't seen that kind of desire from any of Pedro's team against them. 

It's easy to blame Pedro but we never saw that desire against them under Warburton again either. Or Murty for that matter.

We peaked that day against them in the Scottish Cup and even then still couldn't beat them. We then got a draw against them under Murty which was mainly down to them being brutal that day and not because we were particularly good.

It's took easy to blame the manager but the simple fact is we could have Mourinho or Guardiola in charge and they would still beat us and it's not because they're a great team it's because we are weak in key areas of the pitch. We got a bit of investment in the summer and for the most part it looked like we had done some good business but some of them just haven't worked out yet and we still look weak in key areas and instead of replacing some of these players we've handed them new deals instead.

For us to be competitive we need similar investment again in January and again in the summer. We're miles behind them and it's not going to be fixed in one transfer window or by changing managers every few months.

I'll be honest here this thread is breaking my heart. Will it ever be the same again? I seriously hope so. Right now I don't see light at the end of a very very long tunnel.

We need actual warriors in our team, not Pedro "warriors" but ones who understand what it is to be a Ranger and understand that it is not acceptable to lose and certainly, under any circumstances, not acceptable to cuddle players of the opposition after a defeat - especially ones who have disrespected not only the fans but the club as a whole. 

The fact is not only is the team being run like shite the Club also is being run like shit

We've nothing to be excited about and nothing to give us confidence, and wether we aknowlege it or not most of us went to the game on Saturday expecting to get beat 

I don't think OFs are going to be shite from now and ever more but they're going to be shite for the remainder of this season at least and probably longer until the board get their finger out their arse and the team do the same, going into old firms on a low does us no favours

18 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Bottom line is . We have losers right the way through the club from top to bottom

Even the beggars at their very very worst had players that would fight for the cause against our superior players

Few examples  91 back to back wins at piggery for them . Players like Grant and Rogan ffs

95  demolition of us at Hampden in league match . Never meant much but they hammered us that day .

Big list to be honest .

They knew the cause they were fighting for . It was drummed into them.

At every time in their history . They have guys that know what this fixture is about . They may have their share of losers at times , they are normally shipped out . At most points , they have always had some diehards that would see them through .

Even when we beat them in 99 to win the league there .

They were all giving it 100% . On that occasion , they just took it too far .

We do not have any winners or certainly not enough . Certainly not winners in the last 6 years

Our captain isn't a winner . Never will be .List goes on and on

It just mirrors broader Scottish society with catholics having a purpose that the Protestant community have long since lost ... perhaps that's the problem with human nature you can only be on top for so long before compacency and even self loathing from some about being the big bad Prods  begin to make their presence felt

On 25/09/2017 at 19:14, Thermopylae said:

Someone said on the radio at the weekend that in the past form went out of the window in these games but now that's just not the case with it being easy to predict a winner. The one I really remember was my first ever OF match back in October 85 when we neat them 3-0 at the Brox and bearing in mind we finished 5th that season it does show that on the day there were always surprises. Sad to say the closest we have came to any sort of decent result recently has been with the caretaker Murty in charge which I thimk speaks volumes  

It's down to a complete lack of understanding of the passion and hatred that drives this fixture. 

Their lot has Scott Brown leading them who understands it perfectly. And then his neddy minions like Griffiths and Rogic who fall in line and thrive on winding us up. We have Kenny Miller who looks like he doesn't give a fuck anymore. 

Simply said, we have no players like that. We have players that applaud and hug them after them trampling us at home, then have no issue with them and their fans dancing on our home ground celebrating each victory that further distances us from our last league win over them.

Until we get some Souness', Gough's and Brown's in our squad, we'll continue to bend over and touch our toes every time we meet them.

Fucking sickens me.