Video Assist

Bad Robot

With the amount of poor refs and their bad decisions so early into the season why is this not being implemented (if it's been debated forget this post lol)

Hertha Berlin rightly just had a pen decision reversed yet we are stuck in the dark ages with a compliance officer prick who doesn't get involved after never mind during a game.

This needs brought in for the top league or at least trialed in the cups.

IMG_3998.JPG

IMG_3999.JPG

It really should be but at the end of the day, it's at the referee's discretion. 

Just like how on here we can dispute whether something was a penalty or not, so can they. and even if they see the evidence they still don't think it's a penalty or it is, then they're still going to go with it. and don't forget people can be arrogant fucks, they wouldn't want to admit to making a mistake. 

A lot of refereeing can be fixed by getting competent referees first and foremost who know the law of the game but more important, can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and remind players "Look this is my game, no being cunts." Referees are more guilty of being daft shitebags rather than agenda driven. 

13 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

broon runs about the place elbowing who he wants, we rarely get decisions going for us

how is this actually going to make a difference?

It's already clear what's happening, the compliance officer is there for one team only - Rangers

It will catch out players trying to con the refs for a start in most occasions 

17 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

It really should be but at the end of the day, it's at the referee's discretion. 

Just like how on here we can dispute whether something was a penalty or not, so can they. and even if they see the evidence they still don't think it's a penalty or it is, then they're still going to go with it. and don't forget people can be arrogant fucks, they wouldn't want to admit to making a mistake. 

A lot of refereeing can be fixed by getting competent referees first and foremost who know the law of the game but more important, can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and remind players "Look this is my game, no being cunts." Referees are more guilty of being daft shitebags rather than agenda driven. 

I think getting competent refs is a step to far lol but this would assist them getting some decisions right. If it's use gets a correct decision 80% of the time during the match then it's got to be a no brainer. 

I also do think that a team should get a call, similar to tennis.

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I think getting competent refs is a step to far lol but this would assist them getting some decisions right. If it's use gets a correct decision 80% of the time during the match then it's got to be a no brainer. 

I also do think that a team should get a call, similar to tennis.

SFA lol

I watch quite a bit of Italian football and it gets used in just about every game at least once. Its a really good system and it does make a difference, and changes games in a fair manner. As far as I know there is a panel of 2/3 people looking at each decision then they let the ref know if he should look at something.

The Italian refs listen to the players as well and get a decision reviewed if they aren't happy. It takes a lot of the partisan decisions out of it and I think its a lot fairer. These decisions cost clubs a lot of money so they have to be right. Would hopefully stop a few questionable decisions going for certain clubs

A no from me. The fact that it's down to a ref to make a call is part of why I love the game so much. It's the flow of the game I love.

You know how it feels when a decision goes for/against you. You have no time to change your reaction. If it goes against you, you're beelin! If it goes for you, you're ecstatic. I couldn't be arsed with a ref then stopping play and going to check it on TV and changing his mind. 

I'd accept goal line technology at a push, nothing more. It could/would be a sloppy slope down to the level of American football. 

I'm not a fan of video refereeing. Maybe too old school, but I think it's important that the game is played and officiated in the same way at all levels. And yes, I'm happy to take the rough and smooth of instant, human-eye refereeing decisions.

That said, I heard a radio report the other day about the trials they've been running with video assistant refs in MLS. They limit the video reviews to catch "clear and obvious errors on pivotal sequences like goals, penalty kicks and straight red cards". The reviews were only used in a third of games and, on average, only added about a minute to the games where it was used.

If it has to come to video-based decisions (and I don't think old farts like me can hold back the tide) the most important thing is that we don't end up with stop-start games where the man in the middle becomes a video-controlled puppet.

It needs a number of cameras to work properly. Most teams probably have 1 camera in the ground unless it's a live game where BT or SKY are filming.

Goal-line technology cost hundreds of thousands to install in each stadium and it's the same company so I'm guessing to install VAR isn't cheap either. Teams in this country dont have that much money and neither does the SFA/SPFL or whoever else to pay for it.

2 hours ago, MasterD said:

It needs a number of cameras to work properly. Most teams probably have 1 camera in the ground unless it's a live game where BT or SKY are filming.

Goal-line technology cost hundreds of thousands to install in each stadium and it's the same company so I'm guessing to install VAR isn't cheap either. Teams in this country dont have that much money and neither does the SFA/SPFL or whoever else to pay for it.

I'll fit you up one of these on each goal and vid connect it to your phone for £100.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-WiFi-HD-720P-IP-Camera-Home-Security-Network-CCTV-Night-Vision-System/322013786978?epid=1777505695&hash=item4af9847362%3Ag%3AHz0AAOSw0h9Zp7Rv

Didn't work at all well at the Confederations Cup. In fact it became embarrassing.

The use of video technology at the Confederations Cup has been criticised following Germany's 1-0 victory over Chile in Sunday's final.

Chile defender Gonzalo Jara appeared to elbow Germany's Timo Werner in the face during the game, but got only a yellow card, even after the video assistant referee (VAR) system was used.

There were several contentious moments involving VAR at the tournament........