Rangers Picture Thread

Just now, real boydie9 said:

Was just going to say that to you mate. Great minds 😄 my first top was the one that came after that one Baxter's wearing.

My first ever Rangers game was in the fairs city cup in 1970 against bayern Munich ended up 1-1 I'm pretty sure Baxter had left by then

1 minute ago, hawkfalcons said:

My first ever Rangers game was in the fairs city cup in 1970 against bayern Munich ended up 1-1 I'm pretty sure Baxter had left by then

I was at that game. Think it was my first European match. Did Bayern not score straight from a free kick that was meant to be indirect?

Just now, real boydie9 said:

I was at that game. Think it was my first European match. Did Bayern not score straight from a free kick that was meant to be indirect?

Yes that's right was muller who scored if I remember correctly, I was at the broomloan end that night 

4 minutes ago, hawkfalcons said:

Yes that's right was muller who scored if I remember correctly, I was at the broomloan end that night 

Just checked mate you're spot on. I was in the stand that night. My grandpa always got tickets for the stand, my mother insisted on it 😄 we were in the enclosure, however for the Bayern game in 1972 what a night that was. 80,000 the atmosphere was unreal.

IMG_20221001_083206.jpg

On 26/09/2022 at 23:06, Don54 said:

image.thumb.png.af52d1b54f7f599d83828f2a68d3f87f.png By4HS4wCQAAuLLr.thumb.jpg.3711fc16279b551149f7bc63aefd9b4d.jpg

Sugar Ray Robinson, a guest at Ibrox when Rangers played Dunfermline in the opening game of the 1964-65 season on August 19.

My old boss John Lawrence with Sugar Ray. He had actually just passed away when I started with the firm. Two suspensions and I still managed to finish serving my time with them 😄

2 hours ago, hawkfalcons said:

Was looking at the Bayern team we played in that 1-1 game. Noticed Franz Roth who scored against us in the 1967 cup winners cup final was in the team.

He had a good record in European finals scoring against Leeds in the 1975 European cup final, he also scored the winner in the 1976 European cup final.

5 hours ago, real boydie9 said:

Was looking at the Bayern team we played in that 1-1 game. Noticed Franz Roth who scored against us in the 1967 cup winners cup final was in the team.

He had a good record in European finals scoring against Leeds in the 1975 European cup final, he also scored the winner in the 1976 European cup final.

Didn't realise Roth was in team

5 hours ago, real boydie9 said:

Before the kick off in 1970image.png.38866fb990602ddd1dad994f43e5c3e7.png

1 hour ago, 2nd Flute said:

Rod Wallace, great wee player, cracking kit that as well 👍

FB_IMG_1664709155100.jpg

Remember being underwhelmed when we signed him as we had multi million pounds stars throughout the squad and what was the point of this wee journeyman?

Happy to be proved wrong 👍