Rangers Picture Thread

4 hours ago, Canabear said:

I'm pretty sure those pictures are from a game i was at where we cruised to a 5-1 victory after being up 4-0 at half-time.

I think you're right mate Doddy scored two in the game and caption says it was his second goal

2 hours ago, Don54 said:

I think you're right mate Doddy scored two in the game and caption says it was his second goal

That was my first ever trip to Tannadice and the steepness of the terracing was something i'd never seen before or since.

Dangerous is being kind:confused:

11 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

The 1st match i went to on my own.
Had been to a couple of matches on the supporters bus with my brother and uncle,who said i wasn't allowed to any match against them.
Was 12 and was supposed to pay the rent,but!!!....dogged the school and got the train to Glasgow without a care in the world and not actually knowing what,how or where i was going.
The secret was to follow The People wearing Rangers hats and scarves. :rangers: 
Was scary trying to find my way home.
But here we are 57 years later and the fire within is as deep now as it was then.

Your story is so like mine mate  .Did you get lifted up with all the men and hand picked right up to the entrance.Getting in free  .Days I will never forget

Even with my Mum going off her head and marching  me up to my mates house afterwards .Asking my pals older brother to start taking me  😀

52 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Your story is so like mine mate  .Did you get lifted up with all the men and hand picked right up to the entrance.Getting in free  .Days I will never forget

Even with my Mum going off her head and marching  me up to my mates house afterwards .Asking my pals older brother to start taking me  😀

My Grandad worked a lot of weekends so didn’t get time to take my old man to games a lot.

My Dad’s first game was the semi final against Dundee Utd from the post @scottyscott1963 is talking about when he was 9.

The next couple of years my Grandad took him to a couple of games at Ibrox and after about the 4th or 5th time he said ‘now you know how to get here you can go by yourself’. He must have been about 11 😂  

Changed days indeed. He was banned from attending OF games until he was 15 though.

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

My Grandad worked a lot of weekends so didn’t get time to take my old man to games a lot.

My Dad’s first game was the semi final against Dundee Utd from the post @scottyscott1963 is talking about when he was 9.

The next couple of years my Grandad took him to a couple of games at Ibrox and after about the 4th or 5th time he said ‘now you know how to get here you can go by yourself’. He must have been about 11 😂  

Changed days indeed. He was banned from attending OF games until he was 15 though.

I was 11 when I went to my first cup final myself .Without anyone knowing .We had won league year before and my older bruv broke my heart by not taking me ,after I pleaded with him .

I wasn’t taking any chances the following year 😂

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I was 11 when I went to my first cup final myself .Without anyone knowing .We had won league year before and my older bruv broke my heart by not taking me ,after I pleaded with him .

I wasn’t taking any chances the following year 😂

My older brother near shat himself when he found out i had used the rent money.
I was a milk boy and knew i would get the money back at the weekend,as long as i could bluff excuses about the rent book. 
He was 14 and a mature kid,and on the same milk round as myself,and he said "ya daft bastard,you'll get us evicted".
I probably replied with "what's evicted"

Spot on about the match eejay,lifted over and ushered down the front,whithout a care in the world. 
I actually look at my grandson who is around the same age,and i squirm about how naive kids are nowadays.
Or maybe at how mad it was boarding the train at Ayr all those rollercoaster days way back then.
BUT!!!!....it was the best decision i ever made in my near 70 years.