We concede 37.5% of our shots

Smile

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There's pro's and con's to each of the mentioned formations 4-4-2, 3-5-2 and 4-5-1.

It, as always depends on personell. 

I'd use all 3 formations depending on who we were playing.

3-5-2 against the taigs at Ibrox, Hibs home and away and Aberdeen home and away is perfect provided the 3 center backs are in the mood to concentrate the wingers/wing-backs are fighting fit and willing to do their bit i.e no hiding, tracking back and bombing forward into space with confidence.

4-4-2 literally against the rest of the shite in the league, but the 2 center midfielders simply can't be the likes of Jack/Holt, Jack/Rossiter or any sort of defensive/holding-minded partnership .. you can get away with 1 player like that provided he's good at it but I honestly don't think we've got a player that can play that role well.

4-5-1 for Parkhead IMO. Sit in, be organised, retain shape, be compact and flood the midfield.

Don’t get me wrong our defence is not great but our midfield is just shite and do not give adequate protection to the defence. Often overrun in midfield, Jack and Dorrans go missing for large spells. And as for Windass actually defending, dont make me laugh. :anger:

5 hours ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Where we are at fault is in the inability to capitalise on possession, to actually score, and remove the pressure which has created freak and ridiculous results, mostly at home.

Except Hamilton had more possession than us. At Home no less!

If there is one area or the park we could strengthen it’s the defence. Actually think Kirk Broadfoot would be worth bringing back. At least he gets it and has the experience. Not sure I would start him but he’d be a great player to have in the squad 

4 minutes ago, Blueenose said:

If there is one area or the park we could strengthen it’s the defence. Actually think Kirk Broadfoot would be worth bringing back. At least he gets it and has the experience. Not sure I would start him but he’d be a great player to have in the squad 

Right that's two absolutely spastic posts within minutes.

@Googsy @cushynumber

"Rangers currently concede from 37.5% of all shots on target that they face. That’s the worst record in the league, and over double celtic’s figure.

At Ibrox, that figure gets even worse. In home league games this season, Rangers have faced 14 shots on target, and conceded from 9 of them."

that's fucking grim reading man :megaanguish:

Don’t remember being dominated by anyone at Ibrox this season, even when we went down to 10 men in the second half against hibs we still created more! 

Our problem has been the inability to put away good chances! The same on Saturday, Morelos had missed 3 phenomenal chances before they got their 1st! If he scores, their game plan is fucked! 

Personally think the 442 has worked, we have been getting into good positions at Ibrox all season, just lacked a decent final ball or finish! 

Also, how he can say we’ve only conceded 14 shots on goal at Ibrox all season, then blame the formation is beyond me! That’s an average of what? Roughly 2 Shots a game? Not really that high tbh! 

8 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Don’t remember being dominated by anyone at Ibrox this season, even when we went down to 10 men in the second half against hibs we still created more! 

Our problem has been the inability to put away good chances! The same on Saturday, Morelos had missed 3 phenomenal chances before they got their 1st! If he scores, their game plan is fucked! 

Personally think the 442 has worked, we have been getting into good positions at Ibrox all season, just lacked a decent final ball or finish! 

Also, how he can say we’ve only conceded 14 shots on goal at Ibrox all season, then blame the formation is beyond me! That’s an average of what? Roughly 2 Shots a game? Not really that high tbh! 

That was my initial thought too tbh but when I sat and thought about it and recalled a lot of them, the goals and chances are quite glaring ones where someone's gave the ball away, not been in position, caught out, too slow whatever. It's actually damning if you can grin and bear going back and watching highlights and seeing these chances (which I agree the opposition has a phenominal shots to goals ratio against us) but it's not bad luck IMO as our formations and positional sense are always all over the shop.

If we could cut that out, have a clinical striker with that little bit of quality in midfield i.e someone that's not Ryan Jack/Josh Windass/Jason Holt then we could be on the way to fixing our issues.

21 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

"Rangers currently concede from 37.5% of all shots on target that they face. That’s the worst record in the league, and over double celtic’s figure.

At Ibrox, that figure gets even worse. In home league games this season, Rangers have faced 14 shots on target, and conceded from 9 of them."

that's fucking grim reading man :megaanguish:

Yes, it says just have a ping it's going in.

3 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Interesting the number of people agreeing with the article rubbishing our decision to play 4-4-2 when the forum was falling over itself a few months ago begging us to switch to 4-4-2 when Warburton was in-charge. 

Doesn't matter which formation you play when the keeper can't save any shots I, m afraid.

Well thank fuck those stat's put the legend that is Wes firmly to bed.

Now, about crosses coming in from the right. How many got past that other legend of a RB we have? Sorry, I forgot we didn't have one.

Start with these two over rated charmers or warmers and we might just start getting somewhere and no fucking ah buts.

Ah but, wait till the next victory and the roasters will be back telling us how Wes saved us and what a cross Tav put in. Best in the land so they ur!

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Well thank fuck those stat's put the legend that is Wes firmly to bed.

Now, about crosses coming in from the right. How many got past that other legend of a RB we have? Sorry, I forgot we didn't have one.

Start with these two over rated charmers or warmers and we might just start getting somewhere and no fucking ah buts.

Ah but, wait till the next victory and the roasters will be back telling us how Wes saved us and what a cross Tav put in. Best in the land so they ur!

:rofl: 

:aberdeen: