Get rid of the obvious clique within our squad

Gaz52

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

Bates is a horrific defender and the fact he’s on our bench shows how far we have fallen

I don't think Murty is a huge fan of his tbh. Warburton wanted Bates at CB last season in the 20s, forcing Murty to plat McCrorie at RB. The minute Warburton was gone Bates was out of CB and McCrorie was back in.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

There’s cliques in every squad, the secret is to get a manager that ALL players respect.

Holt and Miller were terrible last night but Candeias/Herrera et al were just as bad.

Miller should have been subbed at half-time; he was okay in the first half but in the second half was gone. Holt is a player signed when we were in the Championship, and if we have any ambition as many of the players from that time should be moved on, quickly; Tavernier excepted. 

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nonsense. He's rotten. I lost count of the number of goals he cost us even playing U20s football last season as he got rag-dolled by weans half his size.

There was a reason he was sat on the bench for Raith Rovers before we signed him.

My judgement is based on seeing him in the first team at the tail end of last season and I thought he did well.  Can’t remember the last time we had three clean sheets in a row. 

Cross for first goal last night should have been bread and butter for any good CB to take command and clear.  Where was Danny Wilson.

7 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Miller should have been subbed at half-time; he was okay in the first half but in the second half was gone. Holt is a player signed when we were in the Championship, and if we have any ambition as many of the players from that time should be moved on, quickly; Tavernier excepted. 

Players need to make positive contribution, have an influence on play, not just fill jerseys.

As a Rangers no 9 this needs to be in the final third by way of assists, goals, build up linking etc. He fails miserably on all fronts time after time.  As he did last night.

He hinders our play and slows down counter attacks. And last night on tv it twice showed him berating others. He tends to do this only with youths or foreigners.

He is literally worse than a man down.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Players need to make positive contribution, have an influence on play, not just fill jerseys.

As a Rangers no 9 this needs to be in the final third by way of assists, goals, build up linking etc. He fails miserably on all fronts time after time.  As he did last night.

He hinders our play and slows down counter attacks. And last night on tv it twice showed him berating others. He tends to do this only with youths or foreigners.

He is literally worse than a man down.

I agree. When I said he was okay, it wasn't a ringing endorsement, I would have him moved on first chance we get, and he should have never been given that extension. In the second half he drifted back to his preferred midfield role and gave zilch for the rest of the game. 

Some people really seem to have a pathological need to try and blame Kenny Miller and anyone who may be friends with him for everything 

We've got problems all round the place across different nationalities and backgrounds, including Alves who clearly gets an easier ride because of his CV not that it's 'world class' anyway, this kind of talk just lets far too many people off the hook 

Miller being banished from the squad didn't stop Pedro fucking up a gift of a semi-final or a home game against Kilmarnock, he's just about done as a footballer but you're absolutely deluded if you think getting rid of him is the magic button to fix everything 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Danny Wilson is also better than Cardoso, if you try and disagree then you're wrong.

Wilson isn't a good defender though, not for Rangers. That mistake last night was so basic, it was unreal to see a Rangers CD make such a basic error on a cross ball. I'd play a back three with him out the team; and yes, that would mean Cardoso replacing him.

6 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

BT sport saw fit to interview Miller before yesterday’s game obviously there was an incident with Pedro.

He thinks he’s above our club and is now creating a situation that is causing detrimental results on the field. The new manager needs to get him to fuck pronto. 

So Miller alone is to blame for our results, that's what you're saying? 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

So Miller alone is to blame for our results, that's what you're saying? 

What I’m saying is that the manager should be allowed to do his job without a player creating a situation that is detrimental to his plans. The next manager doesn’t need to please Kenny Miller, he needs to get him out of Ibrox. 

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Wilson isn't a good defender though, not for Rangers. That mistake last night was so basic, it was unreal to see a Rangers CD make such a basic error on a cross ball. I'd play a back three with him out the team; and yes, that would mean Cardoso replacing him.

Herrera gets more blame imo. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

They’re both pish 

maybe Wilson slightly less pish but that doesn’t make him remotely decent 

I do not disagree.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

What I’m saying is that the manager should be allowed to do his job without a player creating a situation that is detrimental to his plans. The next manager doesn’t need to please Kenny Miller, he needs to get him out of Ibrox. 

The manager did his job and was absolutely rank rotten at it end of story

Looking for some deeper reason other than the manager and the squad he built being pish is delusional 

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Danny Wilson is also better than Cardoso, if you try and disagree then you're wrong.

I'm not certain on that yet but it's obvious many just assume a player is better because they have a fancy foreign name 

I like us to look as wide as possible for players but if they're rotten they don't deserve to be let off any more than a domestic player 

6 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

We are all entitled to our opinions mate.  Is that the best argument you can come up with to justify yours.

I'm not disputing your entitlement to opinion.  Im suggesting the extreme view you have re Bates is absurd.

Bates jumps lower than he stands. Most balls over 40 yards go to opposition or out the park. He looks like a ginger offspring of a giraffe / bambi knee trembler. He gets bullied easily and his positional sense is dodgy. I've yet to see him command, dominate a CF over a game, or even just look like he's anything other than out of his depth.

Other than that he's shite, and Raith Rovers level if that.

Both A Wilson and Mccrorie have some way to go, but you can see they have it in their locker to be far better than Bates in pretty much all the above areas.

In my opinion which I'm entitled to too ?

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Fronted by Kenny Miller, the similarities between PLG, Ferguson and Miller Caixinha is staggering.

The foreign players are being alienated, we've got a world class defender in Bruno Alves who can't perform and doesn't look happy. As soon as Caixinha is gone then we start to see Wilson, Holt etc getting games every week when they're simply not Rangers class and are dragging the rest of the squad down with them. I don't care if Holt and Wilson had 1 good game this season, they're not good enough to play for Rangers, neither is Miller (anymore)

We badly need a manager in to kick people's balls and get rid of the cancerous cliques and division within the place. It's too much of a pals' act from the top to the bottom and it's ruining us, we could buy 3 or 4 good quality players and they'll struggle to do anything when players like Miller are throwing toys out the pram and creating a division in the squad because he's rightly not starting games anymore. How dare Pedro drop Miller? The guy never stood a chance the minute he done that.

Look across the city, everyone of them are singing from the same hymn sheet, there's not even as much as a rumour coming from them about fall outs etc. 

Look at our squad under Smith, Souness etc, no-one would ever go against the grain with those guys or they'd be out. 

We really are a shambles at the moment, Murty, Miller, Wilson, Holt etc have all been there since the Championship and have a sense of entitlement because of this, we badly need rid of these characters who can't deliver on the pitch and are creating division off of it - don't believe for a minute they want the best for Rangers, they want the best for themselves

How would you know this to be the case? Bruno has said he is injured.  . You say Holt is part of a clique this is tosh mate , the guy doesn’t say a word and does his own thing , I’m not guessing about Holt as I know him and he loved Pedro.

I stopped reading the op mostly because to I can't be arsed with folk singling out it's this player or that player. The truth is collectively they are no where near good enough, who's fault is that, Pedro caixinha and Mark Warburton for signing them. Who's to blame there. The board for appointing them.

Kenny Miller may not be good enough to start every game for us now, but he's one of the few who's actually done things for us, won things for us. To criticise his attitude is bizarre as one thing he's always had is a desire to win.

It's not his fault he is picked every week or the fact he was given a new deal when he's not got it anymore.

If you want to talk about attitudes, look at Tav, herrera, pena and windass. If you want to look at defending don't just single out Wilson, who I thinks actually been decent since he came in, yet talk up mccrorie who's made a number of errors and I didn't think he was good at all against Dundee.