Fitness

ronniemca

2 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

Anyone else feel other teams look fitter and have more stamina than us a lot of players blowing out their arses tonight

We were chasing a lot tonight and couldn't keep the ball long enough to give us respite. Always going to be tough physically playing without the ball.

Tbf Holt has never been the fittest player and Barjonas adrenaline took him till he came off. 

Other than that I’d say were as fit as anyone else. Tav, John and McCrorie are basically footballing athletes, they could run all day. The others I’d say are as fit as any other team. 

Windass looks as fit as he’s ever been at Rangers, Wilsons fine, Morelos runs himself into the ground and I don’t recall Candeias ever blowing out his arse

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Tbf Holt has never been the fittest player and Barjonas adrenaline took him till he came off. 

Other than that I’d say were as fit as anyone else. Tav, John and McCrorie are basically footballing athletes, they could run all day. The others I’d say are as fit as any other team. 

Windass looks as fit as he’s ever been at Rangers, Wilsons fine, Morelos runs himself into the ground and I don’t recall Candeias ever blowing out his arse

Holt not fit! Ffs heard it all now - his ‘engine’ is one of his strongest attributes! 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

Holt not fit! Ffs heard it all now - his ‘engine’ is one of his strongest attributes! 

Am not having a go at him lol. I think he struggles big time after the 70th minute mark and for about a year he never played a full 90 either. I like Jason Holt he contributes everything bar goals but he definitely isn’t the fittest 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Am not having a go at him lol. I think he struggles big time after the 70th minute mark and for about a year he never played a full 90 either. I like Jason Holt he contributes everything bar goals but he definitely isn’t the fittest 

Ach we just have to disagree in that - often stil full of running at the end and puts in a great shift - all imho! Of course. 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

100%, his engine is outstanding.

Said this the other day but he has come in and really staked a claim, McCrorie has taken the limelight but Holt has been fantastic these last few games. 

5 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

100%, his engine is outstanding.

Said this the other day but he has come in and really staked a claim, McCrorie has taken the limelight but Holt has been fantastic these last few games. 

Said in the match thread that I thought Holt was brilliant.

12 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Holt comes across to me as extremely fit.

22 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Holt comes across to me as extremely fit.

One of the few who are.

edit: tbf the fitness may have improved slightly overall. I thought at the start of the season we didnt look as fit as other teams. 

7 hours ago, ronniemca said:

Anyone else feel other teams look fitter and have more stamina than us a lot of players blowing out their arses tonight

I’ve got to say ‘sometimes’ to that.

For all they gave us a chasing last night, we usually managed to plug the gaps.

I know we got a bit of luck, but still had it in us to do the right thing twice, when the chances arose, along with 2/3 other breaks which could have panned out better.

Having watched them on Sunday, I was wondering how we’d cope, but I thought we gave them less time & space than the beggars did.

I don't think we look as fit as we ought to. But as others have said, if we'd kept better possession and let hivs do the chasing then it wouldn't be an issue. Our distribution and passing at times last night was as poor as it's been this season.

Just as well we've found our grit and determination recently, that more than made up for the fitness issue.

10 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Really surprised anyone would think that. Holt covers more ground than anyone. His work rate is well known for being his main asset?

10 hours ago, ronniemca said:

Bit unfair that based on last night. Much harder physically when you spend so much time out of possession.