Murty’s tactics

KeyserSoze

13 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Four at the back, a midfield diamond and lump the ball forward at every opportunity. 

No wingers. 

It’s horrendous if I’m being honest. 

it worked. 

who would we have in the wings? candeias is a bit off the boil and murty was right to sit him out for this game and go with kranjcar at the top of the diamond.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

it worked. 

who would we have in the wings? candeias is a bit off the boil and murty was right to sit him out for this game and go with kranjcar at the top of the diamond.

Yes it did work against Motherwell. But I fear the wide areas were exposed with that diamond and teams that play with out and out wingers will have a field day against us.

because we have that diamond then our full backs were resorting to long balls but surely McCrorie should be looking to take the out ball??  Long balls to our forwards where one clearly loves it passed over his shoulder to run onto and the other who never really manages to flick it on  

given time it might come good but we can’t be chopping and changing a system every week depending on who we are playing- that’s way too confusing 

30 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

it worked. 

Just because we beat a truly dreadful Motherwell side doesn't mean it worked. We were absolutely horrendous. Any formation or personnel would have won that match last night, Motherwell offered nothing at all. The bigger picture under this clown is terrifying. 

Last night was an embarrassment....no cohesion, no plan and a number of players who are over the hill, don't care or simply not good enough...all thrown into a tactical shambles. ...

Herrera on the park for 90 mins...when he made the effort to jump for the ball he missed...so if Murty is so astute why wasn't he subbed...???

The board should take the blame 100% for the present situation not Murty. I have said it before it's like comparing a first year apprentice to an experienced first class tradesman,you know who is going to give you the best job. He is having to learn as he goes. He had stood up and is trying to do a job for us ,he also has a few of our experienced players out and that does not help. I will not give him a hard time here ,reality is he is a youth team coach. It's all down to a board that don't seem to know which way they want to go. It's them that need to get their finger it and sort it ,the manager is the most important position in the club.

Shocking how many Rangers fans sticking the knife in here, thats taig shite.

As far as tactics go, better than warburton or caxinha, so we should get behind murty who has to deal with their shite players. 

People here just want to see Rangers fail so they can moan and say "am pure right"

also they believe a good manager can make windass and pena world beaters. Deluded as fuck. Anyone who looked up pena knew he was already a riot before coming here, and windass playing at England's lowest level.

and thats just two signings from our previous shite managers. So what can murty, an inexperienced coach really do ? 

makes it ten times worse when a group of supporters who onced thanked him are now slagging him off at every opportunity. Bet that just makes his time easier.

No surrender ????

13 minutes ago, BlueSnowGoose said:

Last night was an embarrassment....no cohesion, no plan and a number of players who are over the hill, don't care or simply not good enough...all thrown into a tactical shambles. ...

Herrera on the park for 90 mins...when he made the effort to jump for the ball he missed...so if Murty is so astute why wasn't he subbed...???

I stuck up for Herrera at the start of the season, but not now. I hope we shift him on in January as he's been below par for too many games. I would rather we had kept Joe Garner to be honest, than sign this guy. I wasn't a big fan of Garner, but I think he would have offered a lot more up front with Morelos than Herrera does. Another baffling signing by Pedro. :confused:

4 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

As far as tactics go, better than warburton or caxinha, so we should get behind murty who has to deal with their shite players. 

People here just want to see Rangers fail so they can moan and say "am pure right"

also they believe a good manager can make windass and pena world beaters. Deluded as fuck. Anyone who looked up pena knew he was already a riot before coming here, and windass playing at England's lowest level.

and thats just two signings from our previous shite managers. So what can murty, an inexperienced coach really do ? 

makes it ten times worse when a group of supporters who onced thanked him are now slagging him off at every opportunity. Bet that just makes his time easier.

No surrender ????

He is now permanent manager at least until the summer and it's only right he is assessed, questioned and praised as any other manager would.

Which would also have been the case for DM or any other manager brought in.

If folk stop excusing his weaknesses and simply demand the results and hopefully performances then hopefully he either delivers these or the Board get their fingers out their arse and replace him with someone who can.

For you to say folk want him to fail so they can say I told you so is the stuff daft immature weans who can't justify an argument come up with.

No-one wants him to fail but I've said this before the board are duty bound to appoint the best possible candidate possible....

Bottom line last night was garbage as was Kilmarnock etc...this is not Murty's fault but I can't see him resolving it ...RFC can't appoint an experienced manager ...a fuckin joke .

51 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Give these "inferior" players the pressure of a Rangers top and you'll see them run away from the ball too.

Great point , It’s easy to play against us but not for us, the weight of expectation kills a lot of good players at Rangers.

21 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Great point , It’s easy to play against us but not for us, the weight of expectation kills a lot of good players at Rangers.

And what about the weight of expectation of a brain surgeon operating on a child...no excuses not finishing second..jumping for balls and mistiming and air shots professional players...tbh the fans aren't even on their backs

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

But you could have came on and gave your opinion on his tactics instead of aiming a kick at the OP - Which then others (me included) may have engaged you in talking about his tactics. Which would have been nice. 

I’m fairly supportive in general but don’t like a diamond and the long balls, nobody got called a cunt or shite or any other expletive. I wanted to open a wee chat about how folks felt.

You missed an opportunity BP9 to talk football but  instead you chose to miss that opportunity. 

Which is a shame 

I didn’t think your opening post was actually an attempt at discussing football - just a dig at the manager - others seem to agree as they went on to dig at the manager as wel.  I’m happy to discuss football but all that happens is folk talk negative and discount any positives - we don’t really do ‘balance’ on here anymore. 

Im glad, you at least, decided not to swear but calling the tactics ‘horrendous’ is hardly a discussion. I also note you did not discuss my footballing points with me but had a ‘pop’ - I do hope you noticed we won? With a depleted squad? With a main midfielder stretchered off? 

4 hours ago, Mclean RFC said:

No surrender ????

Well said! 

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I didn’t think your opening post was actually an attempt at discussing football - just a dig at the manager - others seem to agree as they went on to dig at the manager as wel.  I’m happy to discuss football but all that happens is folk talk negative and discount any positives - we don’t really do ‘balance’ on here anymore. 

Im glad, you at least, decided not to swear but calling the tactics ‘horrendous’ is hardly a discussion. I also note you did not discuss my footballing points with me but had a ‘pop’ - I do hope you noticed we won? With a depleted squad? With a main midfielder stretchered off? 

Seems like people want to read between the lines on here. Too bad. 

Hey ho. 

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He is now permanent manager at least until the summer and it's only right he is assessed, questioned and praised as any other manager would.

Which would also have been the case for DM or any other manager brought in.

If folk stop excusing his weaknesses and simply demand the results and hopefully performances then hopefully he either delivers these or the Board get their fingers out their arse and replace him with someone who can.

For you to say folk want him to fail so they can say I told you so is the stuff daft immature weans who can't justify an argument come up with.

No its not daft immature shite, considering the dross the last two gave us and the constant backing they recieved, its just sad to see Rangers fans hang out murty out to dry, honestly they only expect murty to win every game, theres optimism and then theres realism. Pick one, because right now we cant have the best of both.

and when u judge someone the players they bring in usually is a deciding factor, well murty doesnt have the benefit of working with his own squad. 

Honestly some people dont understand how football works, like i said before, a good coach wont turn our below par team thats lacking depth around. 

No one is excusing his weaknesses, hes young and a unders coach, hes done well considering were in the back pages every week and this infested country want to see us crumble.  Hes not long term but for now i am happy, its not the Rangers i expect but im not an immature wee shite that just demands things like winning every game. 

Get a clue mate

53 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Seems like people want to read between the lines on here. Too bad. 

Hey ho. 

No answer on my footballing points? 

We won. Pretty important is it not?

we had ( have) a depleted squad do we not? And the manager still got the win? 

Personally I’d settle for win after win with ugly football - as style comes with confidence but what we need more than anything is wins. 

6 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

No its not daft immature shite, considering the dross the last two gave us and the constant backing they recieved, its just sad to see Rangers fans hang out murty out to dry, honestly they only expect murty to win every game, theres optimism and then theres realism. Pick one, because right now we cant have the best of both.

and when u judge someone the players they bring in usually is a deciding factor, well murty doesnt have the benefit of working with his own squad. 

Honestly some people dont understand how football works, like i said before, a good coach wont turn our below par team thats lacking depth around. 

No one is excusing his weaknesses, hes young and a unders coach, hes done well considering were in the back pages every week and this infested country want to see us crumble.  Hes not long term but for now i am happy, its not the Rangers i expect but im not an immature wee shite that just demands things like winning every game. 

Get a clue mate

What's not real about expecting a Rangers manager to beat Hamilton Kilmarnock and st Johnstone? Answer that, justify any manager who knows the squad and is now permanent not being expected to deliver far more.

This is now Murtys squad. Yes, some more may come in but given he's also inexperienced on that front, the club would be mental to give him full control of incoming and outgoing transfers . But anyway, he's always been a coach not a manager so one of his strengths should be working with players he's employed to coach, not necessarily his own.

We are relatively skint. Are you saying if we don't bring in new players this transfer window then Murty or whoever we got would be blameless for results regardless, as it was not his players? Really?

Who is demanding we win every game? Or win the league? Or beat the tarriers? You're creating a false argument that no one is arguing. But refusing to place blame on him for some awful defeats.

Good to see you've got a wee buddy there liking your posts. Given he too says Murty needs time and shouldn't be blamed (despite the players being those of every manager he argued should get more time) it really does show your train of thought for how ridiculous it is.

Clueless McLean. 

Who is actually out that would improve the team?

Dorrans.......

Windass as striker......Who no one rates in any other position.

Cardoso, Wallace,Miller, Bates, Penà, Beerman, Wilson.A, Dalcio, Nemane, Burt,Alnwick, Hodson   none of them are an Improvement on who played.

Not sure where this Myth of Injury crisis pre game came from.

Lean squad, No depth, or just poor replacements from Bench yes.

7 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No answer on my footballing points? 

We won. Pretty important is it not?

we had ( have) a depleted squad do we not? And the manager still got the win? 

Personally I’d settle for win after win with ugly football - as style comes with confidence but what we need more than anything is wins. 

Yes I agree we won, I agree with a depleted squad - I’m glad you agree it’s ugly football, therefore a better team will take advantage of that ugliness. 

Murty has his work cut out and has said it’s now time for him to influence the team the way he wants to   - I think he has chosen a system he often used in the unders which if I remember correctly didn’t work very well (we finished 13th before the European set up) 

If this is HIS way then we’re in for a ride